May 2014 Moms

How to help LO adjust to work schedule?

So currently DS is basically STTN. Typically he has been falling asleep anywhere from 8-9p, sometimes wakes up for a little while between 10p-12a, and then goes back down for the night. He was getting up pretty consistently around 6:30a, but lately has been 7-7:30 and this morning did not get up until 8:45!! Believe me I am incredibly grateful for all the sleep, but I am worried about what to do when I start work again. I go back on Friday and typically have to get up around 5:30 to be at work at 6:30. DH will be dropping DS off at daycare around 6:30ish when he heads to work. I am not really sure how to get LO adjusted to waking up earlier. I plan to start getting up early this week just to get us both used to it. I guess I am really looking to see if anyone has gone through this, should LO go right back to sleep after even if we head to dc? Will this really mess up his sleeping schedule? Should I be trying to get him to sleep ealrier in the night (and not really sure how to do that even if I wanted to) or should he just adjust on his own? Also I have two days a week I don't go in until 11:00am right now, should I still get him up early those days to stay in routine, or let him sleep until he wakes on his own? Then in October my schedule switches to 8a shifts so it will be different again :/  Sorry for the amount of questions but really appreciate any input on this matter, I am a little freaked out about going back to work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"