TTC after 35
Options

Angry AF

Want to know how most of my weekend was spent? Well-- I got AF, and was having major cramping (like they felt like mini contractions). I took Extra Strength Midol, and it didn't even do anything! I then laid on the couch with a heating pad on my stomach for 3 HOURS. I then tried to take a nap, and the cramps were so painful, they kept waking me up. 
I have never had cramping like this...my ute was very angry.

Anyone else get painful periods like this? Do you know what causes it?

Re: Angry AF

• Options
    If I do get cramps they are mild. Hope you feel better soon
  • Options
    I NEVER get cramps but a few months ago I had exactly what you are describing. I was curled up in my bet with a hot towel in a ziplock bag on my stomach. It stayed like that for two days. I have been fine since. I guess ever once in a while our bodies like to throw a wrench in the works.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its rare that i get bad cramps. in fact sometimes i don't get them at all. 

I do however get a migraine the day AF arrives or the day before.....never fails
    it sucks.
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    I had that happen about a year ago. The cramps were so bad I felt physically ill and I ended up going to the doctor thinking something must be wrong. They found nothing. The only other time it felt like that was during my miscarriage, which is how I knew I was having one even though there was no bleeding.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you, ladies. I have a very high tolerance for pain, but these were very bothersome. I was at lunch with my fiancé today, and was getting them again and was sweating. I called the doctor, but she said to just take pain meds and if it isn't better by tomorrow to go in for an exam. I feel a bit better now, so I'm hoping the worst is over.
  • Options
    I hope you feel better @lgsdesigner‌. I think the pain I had like that for a regular period lasted about 48 hours.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Yikes, that sounds very unpleasant.

I used to have bothersome cramps when I was younger. Nowadays, I pop one or two Advils on the first day and can almost forget about them. One thing I know is that regular Midol doesn't work for me - only ibuprofen does.

A good friend of mine used to get just awful cramps when we were in school. She couldn't do anything but lay doubled over on her couch; I've spent countless hours just sitting next to her and waiting for it to go away, because there was nothing else she could do (other than occasionally throw up from the pain).  She has a healthy toddler, so I suppose it was all worth it.

Hope you're feeling better by now.
  • Options
    I used to have them so bad I used to vomit.....and yes I know what causes it....
    It turns out the uterus is contracting and pulling the womens calcium reserves from the body. For years I read about that the women needs to add more calcium to relieve the cramps. So....I decided to experiment. I decided to increase my liquid plant base calcium a week in a half before AF to see if they can be relieved. And honestly it worked. I did that for years till I discovered that consuming animal meat EVERY day is also the culperate of a women deminishing calcium from their bone reserves. Spring of 2013 I went vegan to help fight cancer. Yes I dis beat it and to my surprise my cucle cramps went away at a 100%....yes 100%!.... it turned out it was true that eating meat every day was pulling my calcium from my bone reserves causing the cramos.....But then I am drinking 10 to 13 glasses of organic apple/carrot juice very day. The 10 to 13 glasses supplies my bkdy with most of the vitamins and calcium it needs and eliminates my cramps at 100%....Whem I fist strarted my journey the cramps did not go away over night but in time after a few months I felt the difference.....I know not every one can go vegan but maybe deminish or lower the intake of meat every day and increase your veggies and fruits and mayne buy a plant base LIQUID Calcium supplement as well.....I hope this helps....it did for me
  • Options
    If the body is in pain we should listen to our body and adress the root if the cause and provide the bidy what its asking for.....
  • Options
    @disneybaby99 - I eat a lot of calcium. In fact-- 3x's more than most. I am a weightlifter, so I eat greek yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, protein shakes, string cheese, etc. I also consume a ton of fruits and veggies to get my antioxidants. I do eat meat, but 90% chicken and fish. The red meat generally is the cancer causer. The thing is-- my diet hasn't changed for years, so it's not like I did something radical that suddenly caused cramps. I just think it was a bad period.

Thank you, ladies! My period is almost over now, and I feel much better than yesterday. The cramping is still there, but very light. I appreciate all your thoughts and kind words.
  • Options
    @ lgsdesighner.....I was right where you where at and my priblem was not resolved.The dairy industry has a huge part of selling americans milk products CLAIMING you get calcium when in reality the bidy is not benefitting. The best way to get the true calcium intake is raw juice...yes its nice to eat the veggies but it goes straight into rhe blood and cells for best resilult when you do raw juicing.Now about meat.When you consume animal meats the body processes it as it breaks it down in 2 to 10 days depending what animal meat you eat. Wjile it does this it pulls the calcium reserve from your bone reserve. There is excelent resorce info of respecred MD's on a vegan diet found on you tube if you want to look it up.Just tupe in Vegan Medical Dr's.A plant base diet with raw juicing is the best.I have been test to see if I am malnurished and I test well. I eat NO ANIMAL products and get all my proteins and vitamins in raw juicing and rice and beans and greens....
  • Options

@lgdesigner - Those kinds of cramps SUCK! Reminds me of my teenage years! I wonder if it has anything to do with your really strong "O" pains. I remember you mentioning those while out to dinner with your future hubby.

Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• Options
    Dr Michael Klaper is an excellent dr he speaks out on being the benefits of a vegan diet....Look him up on youtube
  • Options
    @disneybaby99 - I am not interested in the vegan diet. I like my meat waaay too much, but thank you anyway. :)

@TAT2MAMI - You know what? That could definitely be linked to this one. Must have been one STRONG egg this month! Haha! ;)
  • Options
    I was thinking the same as @TAT2MAMI about the strong O pain.
    Your body's getting ready for next month and baby making!!!!!

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards