Multiples

Does it ever get better? Seriously!?!

My b/g twins are 11 months old and I thought as twins grow things get better. I don't see this happening. I'm exhausted by just making them sleep. I had sleep trained my son and he slept very well until my in laws came and ruined his habit of sleeping on his own. My mil always held him till he fell asleep and now he wants the same thing from me. I didn't sleep train my daughter as she's tough to handle.

My hubby travels for work every other week and my in laws left last week. This week my hubby is traveling and I'm alone with the twins. Last night was my first night with them and to be honest it was my worse night ever with them alone. They always slept at 8pm, but yesterday they slept at 11pm. My son woke up at 7am and my daughter at 8. I'm restless. They are formula fed and still wake up 2 times at night for feedings. I'm feeling very vulnerable and I feel like fighting with my mil. My hubby will return on Wednesday.
Now the worse part of all this is next week we're traveling to our hometown. We'll be there for 3 weeks and I'm afraid thinking about the trip. Our schedules will change and the time difference is 10hrs and 30mins ahead of USA. I'm already going crazy and I don't feel like traveling whatsoever. The twins turn one next month and after we land at my in laws place we'll hardly get a couple days time to rest and relax. I don't know what to do. I'm also worried about the journey. I don't know how much the twins will trouble us. They both are walking already!

Please advice!

Re: Does it ever get better? Seriously!?!

• Hang in there. My twins are 19 months now and, while certain things are definitely easier than when they were newborns, there are new challenges. There are so many phases, but they do pass.

Sleep issues are tough, and not necessarily a linear process....there can be a lot of small regressions for various reasons. For this age I'd give a couple tips: 1. Baby-proof the daylights out of your house....it will just make everything easier. 2. Stick to a regular routine as much as possible. Babies thrive with structure, and it can help your sanity too. Even when you're traveling (and are in survival mode) try to stick w/ your regular routine as much as possible.

I hope things get a little easier soon. Since your H travels so much, have you thought of maybe finding some part-time help? It could go a long way. GL!
  • Hang in there! But at 11 months night feeding a should be a thing of the past! Mine stopped at 5 months and they were born at 34w6d. Kids are pretty accommodating and it's usually the parents who worry/fuss more than they do. We traveled tons when they were that age, I actually found it easier! Having said that! I've lived through it all, mine are 7 and we are going through TTC got our #3(twins were a honeymoon surprise)! I hope it's not so bad for you and you can enjoy your trip.
    Married 07/15/2006 DS # 1&2 born 07/06/2007 TTC# 3 since 10/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine are 13 months, and I feel like things got better in a lot of ways and worse in plenty of others.  The misery of having two crying babies in my arms is a thing of the past, but that's been replaced by two crying toddlers who fight as much as they play and only want to claw at my boobs whenever I'm in the room with them.  I am really hoping things turn a corner soon.  Best of luck with the traveling - I'm sure it will be tough, but focus on the schedule and you can do it!  Hugs!

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• it does, but it takes time, closer to 2 or a bit older for us
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"