1st Trimester
Options

discussions with the dad to be

shortnatieshortnatie member
edited July 2014 in 1st Trimester
My fiance and I just found out im pregnant. Im only 5 weeks along and he has a kid already, that he never gets to see. Every time I bring up the baby I feel as if he doesnt want it here. How do I get him to warm up to the idea. Do I talk to him, or should I just let him warm up to it on his own.
Its frusturating that I cant go to him without feeling like he is discouraged. I need some advice! As a first time mommy I am really emotional and need to know that we are on the same page.

Re: discussions with the dad to be

• Options
    I dont know the ttc language yet. Still catching on. I know im only 5 weeks thats why I have asked. I guess the deeper question is, do I continue to talk to him about or should I wait until he mentions something?
  • Options
    We were having intercourse knowing I may or may not get pregnant. He told me is fine with the pregnancy as well. He wants to see his other child but the mother will not let him. He doesnt want to take her to court because the likelihood of him getting to see his daughter is only a couple days a week. Ilhe doesnt want to pay child support and she her at a minimal. His choice if tried talking him into it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He has been so patient with her. He has begged. She wants him absolutely no where close to thier daughter.
  • Options
    Um. Hes not leaving me. And I will do what his ex did to him. I understand why he is making the choice he is with her. He paid for everything and she left. Plus so much more. I wouldnt hurt him that way.
  • Options
    And she doesnt have a support order. There for I dont have to worry about that either! Plus we are planning on staying together. Dont plan on anything else.
  • Options
    We have our wedding planned and a date set. You always plan on staying together. Why is everyone so negative. I 5hink its about time I go find a new site with more of a support group.
  • Options
    He doesn't want to step up to support his other child

he doesn't want to take responsibility and visit his other child

he blames everything on his ex/child's mother

he's not excited/doesn't act like he wants you to be pregnant

...he sounds real mature and like a real winner...I'm sorry but it's not all fun and games when you have a child. That child has needs-clothes, shoes, food, medical ect and he doesn't want to pay to help support the child that is biologically his.

Perhaps he'll come around. You didn't make this kiddo on your own and I hope for your sake he steps up...
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    We were having intercourse knowing I may or may not get pregnant. He told me is fine with the pregnancy as well. He wants to see his other child but the mother will not let him. He doesnt want to take her to court because the likelihood of him getting to see his daughter is only a couple days a week. Ilhe doesnt want to pay child support and she her at a minimal. His choice if tried talking him into it.
    Wow
  • Options
    I'm sorry... I'm going come off as a total bitch but honestly he doesn't take care of the one he had (regardless of how much he sees her he should sell take care if his child any way he can) what honestly makes you think he'll help with yours? I've seen it too many times before.
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • Options

I'm sorry... I'm going come off as a total bitch but honestly he doesn't take care of the one he had (regardless of how much he sees her he should sell take care if his child any way he can) what honestly makes you think he'll help with yours? I've seen it too many times before.

Because 18.

Well I hope she grows the fuck up fast.

• Options
    Meery82 said:
    Shit. I was stupid at 18, but not stupid enough to get involved with a guy with a kid, especially one he doesn't care to see, and getting myself pregnant.
    I know. I was totes going to marry my fiance and go to college and have all the babies. We were planning like 12 because we were awesome like that. And he was all "Yay babies! Let's have one now!".

And I was all:
    https://www.lifeinprogress.ca/.a/6a0120a95a88d5970b01a73dcc612b970d-800wi
    I wasn't far off from this either. I was "engaged" (or something like it) at 18 to the "love of my life"... and he was all about having the babies... and I was all about college. We stayed together for my first year of college and then called it quits. I was SO in love with him; and now at 31 am SO glad I didn't marry and have babies with him... because we still have some mutual friends, and the life he chose to lead is NOTHING like the life I'm thrilled I currently have. 
  • Options
    TwiggymommyTwiggymommy member
    edited July 2014
    Meery82 said:

Shit. I was stupid at 18, but not stupid enough to get involved with a guy with a kid, especially one he doesn't care to see, and getting myself pregnant.

Usually I agree with everything you say but I myself got involved with someone with a kid at 19 but he was supporting himself and the baby with the birth mom nowhere to be found... We're still together, have another son and ds1 only knows me as his mom so it's not ALWAYS bad...

Just saying

Edited because my phone fucked up

• Options
    I thought I was super awesome smart at 18. 

Now at 22 I think I'm super freaking dumb.  Go figure.  Still learning how this big ole world works.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

You are the exception, not the rule.

For real. Like hell is that ever the norm in that situation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"