April 2014 Moms

Perfume

Why do people cover themselves with perfume when they know they're going to visit a baby?!? My mil is here and as I'm nursing my baby my eyes are watering and I have a bad taste in my mouth. Good thing she's getting a bath tonight.
Is there a respectful way to say something to avoid this in the future?

Re: Perfume

• My grandmother used to bathe in channel #5. They loss the ability to smell themselves as they age so they begin using more and more...
  • I told my MIL no perfume if she knows she is seeing LO. I couldn't stand it anymore!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • When my toddler was a baby he actually got a rash after being held by MIL who apparently bathes in cheap drugstore perfume. DH sent her a message saying "take it down a notch with the perfume, DS got a rash from it." So I would suggest making your husband be the one to tell her :).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • lcr23lcr23 member
    I think this will be one that I let go. It was so bad in the hospital though that I got nauseous and couldn't wait for her to leave. She takes care of DHs grandma who smokes so I think she's trying to mask that smell. Yuck!
  • My friend wears way too much, then wonders why LO cries when she is holding him.
  • How annoying, I've stopped wearing perfume myself I don't want LO smelling of 2 nd hand perfume or not recognise my smell because it's masked by the perfume.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"