Breastfeeding

Pumping and nursing and supply

mattanda2011mattanda2011 member
edited July 2014 in Breastfeeding
I am in need of some help with my pumping and nursing schedule.

My LO is 7 weeks old and this past week I started pumping to build up my freezer stash. I started pumping after the first morning feed because he is only nursing one side and this is what I did with DD and it worked great. So LO nurses one side MOTN around 2-3, then again in the morning about 6, then I have been pumping to build a stash for when I go back to work and because one side is extremely full.
On the days I don't pump he will nurse from only one side all day and I can tell my breast feel more full (and it's nice cause it doesn't take as long) on the days I do pump he nurses from both sides and I never feel "full".
Is this normal? Should I be doing something different to pump and build a supply?
I will also add that I do have a little bit of an over supply and over active letdown. When I do pump he seems to spit up less and get hiccups less. Do maybe the pumping is helpful for him? I do go back to work but not until November, but I would love to have a really good stash and to be able to possibly donate some. With my DD I had 600oz and was able to give her breast milk for a long time once my milk dried up when ingot pregnant.

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
DS born 6.12.14
#3 due 12.6.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"