TTC after 35

(Not TTC related) Is there a doctor on the board?

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what a fractured foot would feel like? I'm not quick to go to the doctor in general and I certainly want to avoid x-rays if I can help it. In a hurry leaving for work the other day, I tripped going down the stairs as I left the house. I missed the last two steps and came down hard on my foot and hands on cement. My foot swelled a bit when it happened but since i was able to put weight on it I didn't think much more about it. The past few days I keep getting an odd pain in my foot; kind of a warm pain sensation on the top/side of my foot. It's not tender to the touch, just an internal sensation.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: (Not TTC related) Is there a doctor on the board?

• I'm sorry there don't seem to be any doctors around, but--how is your foot? Better, I hope!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• Might just be a sprain, but you should probably get an x-ray as it would be hard to know for sure otherwise. *disclaimer: I am a chef, not a doctor.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. It seems to be getting better. Just such an odd sensation, I wasn't sure. I am taking those dang stairs a little slower now a days ;)

• If you think there is a chance it might be broken, I would get it checked. I'm pretty sure I broke my foot a couple months ago & didn't get it checked & am regretting it. For me, I couldn't barely walk on it for a few days because of the pain. And it was swollen. Then the swelling went away & the pain became tolerable. The pain slowly decreased over time but it stil hurts it I bend my toe all the way & put pressure on it or if I hit it against something. And the spot is now a boney bump & gets bruised looking sometimes.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If I were you, I would go to the doctor just in case. If there is a break, and you just try to let it heal on it's own, it could heal incorrectly and you will have worse issues/pain. Trust me-- it happened to my sister, and she had to go back in later and get her bones RE-BROKEN and corrected. 
    GL, and sorry you hurt yourself! :(
  • Another vote for seeing a doctor. Since you can now walk on it, and it's getting better, it sounds like a bad sprain, however, as a former dancer, I can attest to the fact that there are many bones in your foot and it is possible to get a partial fracture that doesn't leave you screaming in pain.  Going to get it checked out will ensure that you retain full range of motion.
  • mattandloramattandlora member
    edited July 2014
    Confession: I'm a doc. Sports med to be exact so this is right up my alley. There's a set of criteria called the Ottawa rules for foot and ankle injuries to figure out if you need an x-ray or not. If you don't meet the criteria, it's at low risk for a break and a doctor shouldn't get an x-ray. If you meet even 1 thing on the list, there's a chance it could be broken and you get the x-ray.

The criteria includes tenderness over a bone (not muscle / ligament / "padding" / or other soft tissue) OR inability to walk 4 steps immediately after the injury.

That being said, there's plenty of other things you can do to your foot besides a break. Some are worse than a break. (Lisfranc sprain, tendon rupture, high ankle sprain, avulsion injury). If you can't walk, get the x-ray. If you can walk, but you're still limping after ibuprofen and ice, get it checked out. The weird feeling you have is probably a nerve being compressed by swelling. That's pretty common and not serious. It's just one little area going to sleep on you. An Ace wrap can help with the swelling. Don't exercise until you can hop up and down on the injured foot without difficulty. Just write the ABCs in the air with the hurt foot to keep your motion and strength up.

Or ignore me, because this is the internet and I can't physically see your foot. I could be WAY off.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• @mattandlora Thanks. I am pretty sure it's just bruised. It's feeling better every day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"