Multiples
Options

Hanging and organizing same sex twin clothing

Good morning! Forgive me if this has already been asked but I don't know how to maneuver through feeds. My question is if my twins end up being same sex how to your organize clothes and shoes in drawers and how do you hang them? Do you hang the identical/matching clothes side by side or do you give them separate racks? In drawers do you put all the onesies together? Or again separate?

I would love your twin mom expertise. We are getting ready to build a closet and I'm trying to figure out which is best.

If you have feedback on closet layouts I'll take that too!
Anniversary

image  image  

Re: Hanging and organizing same sex twin clothing

• Options
    I hung them by sizes in their closet. Not always next to its match if someone got them matching clothes. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    image    image    image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    zazu13zazu13 member
    I like things organized and it gives me a silly thrill to have all their matchies together. I prefer the ease of finding things when they are hung so I hang everything including onesies that are part of outfits (if they have pants or jackets). I have a closet organizing system I love from Lowes. It gives us upper & lower rods + shelves. I bought size rings from AmaZon and hung thru size 12mo in the closet with the rings as separators. Bigger sizes are in boxes from ikea on the top shelf. The dresser is for PJs, non matchy/ non-"outfit" onesies and socks and, since the top has a changing pad, diapering stuff. The pjs and onesies are folded-rolled and in rows file-folder style so I can see everything without having things stacked on top of each other. On the back of their door i hung a plastic pocket organizer for thier hats and bows. They are sorted by color. My girls dont really have shoes yet. The one pair they got as a shower gift are in the pockets too. I dont think it really takes extra time to launder and put it away organized. I already wash everything together and sort between mine and my husband's clothes, linens and towels so sorting the girls' into sets is nbd for me.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    They have a dresser that doubles as a changing table that used to be their older brother's. Clothes are folded by type - shirts together, pants together, pajamas together, etc. that's it.

I have doubles of very few items - I didn't ever want to dress them identically - and it doesn't matter to me at all if they even match.

I don't buy shoes until they can walk and then it's one or two pairs max. Plus sandals in summer.

The only things that are hung are jackets and hoodies. We also have a hanging shelf that holds their linens and blankets.

• Options
    zazu13 said:

I like things organized and it gives me a silly thrill to have all their matchies together. I prefer the ease of finding things when they are hung so I hang everything including onesies that are part of outfits (if they have pants or jackets). I have a closet organizing system I love from Lowes. It gives us upper & lower rods + shelves. I bought size rings from AmaZon and hung thru size 12mo in the closet with the rings as separators. Bigger sizes are in boxes from ikea on the top shelf. The dresser is for PJs, non matchy/ non-"outfit" onesies and socks and, since the top has a changing pad, diapering stuff. The pjs and onesies are folded-rolled and in rows file-folder style so I can see everything without having things stacked on top of each other. On the back of their door i hung a plastic pocket organizer for thier hats and bows. They are sorted by color. My girls dont really have shoes yet. The one pair they got as a shower gift are in the pockets too. I dont think it really takes extra time to launder and put it away organized. I already wash everything together and sort between mine and my husband's clothes, linens and towels so sorting the girls' into sets is nbd for me.

Whoa... Can you come to my house? ;)

To answer the question, I have all the onsies in the top drawer, sleepers in the second, and outfits (which rarely get touched) in bottom drawer. So far I'm really only hanging new things that came on a hanger and are a bigger size in the closet. I do hang my DD's dresses (twins are boys) but that's about it. If there are matching outfits I usually put them together while folding but DH doesn't do this so it's kind of all mixed anyway. We had a TON of clothes handed down to us from friends, so we have a bin with the next size up in their closet and bins with bigger sizes in our crawl space. We are not having more kids, so as soon as they outgrow something it goes straight to our friends who just had a baby or Goodwill. I honestly think you kind of just find a system that works for you.
  • Options
    I am so unorganized. Nothing is folded or organized. Below is an example of one of their drawers. image

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• Options
    Gotta admit, I kind of rolled my eyes here. I barely hung a single thing and am lucky if we have folded clothes. You'll be much much too busy to worry about if clothes are hanging in the right spot.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have one drawer for pjs and one for onesies and one for shorts/pants in their dresser. The rest I hang according to sizes in their closet. The boys are only 4 months so most of what they wear is just a onesie most days but they have a few hanging outfits. I only put the size that they are currently wearing in the dresser and everything bigger is still hanging in the closet. As for matching stuff I don't have too much but I do try to keep those together. Also in their closet I have baskets that hold hats, shoes/socks, blankets, and other stuff. I've also got a basket of onesies downstairs (with an extra pair of pjs too) so if they spit up all over an outfit I'm not running upstairs. I might be a little OCD but I like everything in its place so I can easily find things :) That being said the first 2.5 months were rather chaotic and I had things EVERYWHERE! Once I started getting a little more sleep I had more time to organize and find what worked for me. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. That helps alot
    Anniversary

image  image  

• Options
    AshB62 said:
    I have them hung by type and size in matching/coordinating pairs. It really doesn't take that much extra time and it makes my life a little easier. I'm also a tad OCD, so there's that...
    Ditto this. My boys aren't here yet but I currently have all of their clothes in the closet... they are organized by size and with the matching/coordinating items together. Onesies/tops/outfits are hung up on hangers, as are jammies, but the jammies are all at the front of that size section. Pants, socks, hats, etc. are on the shelves.
  • Options
    Not here yet but I've always been pretty OCD with closets with my older kids, as well.  I have b/g twins due in the fall and at this point, matching outfits are beside each other.  May be silly but it's calming for me to be organized!  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    siuRamsiuRam member
    You could also consider getting hanging organizers for little things.  Recently got a set of these organizers from Amazon, it is a set of 2.  Perfect solution to keep accessories, shoes, socks, etc....one organizer for each LO.  Love it!

• Options
    All my kids stuff was put away still is. My girls had drawers for them to share still same way they share everything. Dress and nicer clothes are hung along with shirts. Bottoms and pjs folded in drawers. Both my sons are same ways with a divider for there closet because different sizes. I am super OCD about clothes and have to be Organized.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Rynleigh said:
    o.O I cannot imagine ever taking the time to hang - or hell, even fold - anything more than their nice dressy clothes... I'm lucky if I can keep up on laundry enough to avoid just pulling their clothes straight out of the dryer when the need clean ones. I'll get back to you when they're like 15 and doing their own laundry. 
    Word. My daughters shared a room and dresser/closet until they were 5, and we just tossed whatever was clean into drawers. They're almost seven now, and in their own rooms so now they fold and put away their own things. 
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
  • Options
    Jenn06L80 said:
    I am so unorganized. Nothing is folded or organized. Below is an example of one of their drawers. image
    WHO LET YOU IN MY HOUSE?! 

no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
  • Options
    CNYBride05CNYBride05 member
    edited July 2014
    Gotta admit, I kind of rolled my eyes here. I barely hung a single thing and am lucky if we have folded clothes. You'll be much much too busy to worry about if clothes are hanging in the right spot.
    Um no. Having twins doesn't mean you can't hang clothing. Yes, I was busy with 3 under 2/5, but I still hung their clothing. Much easier to find in the morning. No digging through drawers.

I didn't say you can't hang clothing with twins, I said you'd be too busy to care where it's hanging.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cadencaden member
    I did shirts hung together on one rack, pants hung together on another rack. For matching stuff, when mine were little, I put the 2 shirts on one hanger to save space/be organized. I hung 2 pants on one pants hanger (the kind with the clips) - one pant on each clip. That also saves space. Random onesies, socks, etc went in drawers.
  • Options
    Rynleigh said:
    o.O I cannot imagine ever taking the time to hang - or hell, even fold - anything more than their nice dressy clothes... I'm lucky if I can keep up on laundry enough to avoid just pulling their clothes straight out of the dryer when the need clean ones. I'll get back to you when they're like 15 and doing their own laundry. 
    Word. My daughters shared a room and dresser/closet until they were 5, and we just tossed whatever was clean into drawers. They're almost seven now, and in their own rooms so now they fold and put away their own things. 
    I've got a 12yr old, a 7yr old, and 18mo old twins - both dad and I work full time and are out of the house 50hrs per week. I do not have enough damns to give about hanging/folding clothes. Our girls are in charge of ensuring that they have clean clothes to wear and they successfully do their own laundry, but they still tend to live out of the clean clothes baskets or their cluttered drawers rather than hanging things up or folding them neatly (and they still never take more than 5 minutes to find clean clothes in the morning, because the expectation to be dressed is there regardless of whether things are organized or not). The boys don't have a large enough wardrobe to justify hanging anything. We have approximately two weeks worth of clothing for each of them. The dresser is sufficient, for us. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"