July 2014 Moms
Options

Kara Adeline born july 25/14

Short version contractions started july 24 at 11pm she was born july 25 10:20am. She was 8lbs 2.6 ozs and 20in length. 14 in head. Very dark brown full head of hair.

Long version:

I was having false labor since 34 weeks and been in and of the hospital because of contractions. July 25 was the due date given to me at the beginning then my prenatal doctor switched to the 24 so I went with both and told dh we would start on the 24th and end on the 25th. Thursday july 24th I had my 40 week doctors appt he checked my cervix and did another sweep he said I was a good 3 cm dilated and very well thinned out. We discussed that if I hadn't had her by next friday we would be schedule for him to break my water that friday at the hospital.
Almost immediately after him doing a sweep I had a lot of blood and cramps. Cramps stayed off and on all day.

At 11pm the cramps started to become more strong and on regular 5/6min intervals. Since I had so many false labors I stayed at home till quarter to one. Didnt believe it was labor at first but then it got painful we left the house and got to the hospital at 1:00/10. I was still only 3/4cm dilated but contractions had become every 2/3mins regular intervals so they admited me.

I was able to labor in the jacuzzi tub for a good hour before I got a shot of morphine as the contractions were coming very quickly and painfully I got rest. After the shot of morphine I was able to relax a little and spent 3 hours talking with my nurse and watching a movie for a distraction. After the morphine wore off the contractions got really intense and we were waiting for my doctor to come at 7 to break my water. I again wasn't able to relax and got the epidural. It was the nest thing I did even though I was terrified of it. I was able to stay laying down while they did it. Afterwards I was able to relax a bit while waiting for my doctor to come.

I started throwing up a lot because my labor started to progress very quickly after the epi. For a moment they lost Kara's hesrtbeat and next thing I know there is four nurses and my doctor in the room. they quickly put oxygen on me and were trying to have me move they couldn't determine whose heartbeat they were hearing so they had to put a clip on her head to hear the heartbeat. My doctor broke my water then. And within 15/20mins we were 10cm and ready to push. It was just dh me and my nurse as I started pushing I was so exhausted I kept drifting to sleep. We started pushing at 10am and she was born at 10:20 am.

Kara Adeline was born 8lbs 2.6 ozs, dh chose to see everything and even cut the cord. She has a full head of dark brown almost black hair. She is learning slowly to feed yesterday and this morning was a slow bit of day learning. This evening she has started to do better and get to leave tomorrow morning. We are so in love with her and I'm still in shock and amazement with myself and how well I did with labor. Bonus my doctor does this amazing thing to help stretch you so you don'tot tear and they don't cut unless its really needed I was very lucky and only has some minor tears but nothing that needed stitches. Besides feeling like someone booted me in the tail bone I feel awesome.

Now for the best part the pics of my squishy!! Who is fast asleep skin to skin on me which I LOVE! :)

P.s the one pic she is holding her head and body up while the nurse was doing her newborn testing she didn't enjoy them pricking her she has done this a few times and help it up for 10/15 secs!

Bonus daddy and his little girl. Men holding their babies is the sexiest.
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Kara Adeline born july 25/14

• Options
    Congrats! Awww, I love all the pictures! What a doll face. Rest up mama!

• Options
    acohinacohin member
    Beautiful! Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Congrats!!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    EkzerrEkzerr member
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congratulations!  Love the pictures!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats!
    hi

• Options
    Congrats! I love all of her hair :) So cute!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So cute! Love the name. If DS was a girl we would have had a Kara as well.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay, so glad for you she is finally here! I love her hair! One day you can tease her about all the pre labor symptoms she gave you!
  • Options
    Oh the hair! How did you almost fall asleep!? This surprises me as I assume labor is something you can't sleep through! She's beautiful. Congrats!
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited July 2014
    thank you all i'm so i love with her it's crazy how the mind changes views on things like my phone or Facebook/ going out ect. .  for being the second day home and only three days after labor i'm feeling great.

Oh the hair! How did you almost fall asleep!? This surprises me as I assume labor is something you can't sleep through! She's beautiful. Congrats!
    I had been up very early thursday morning to get ready for the doctors apt. and didn't get much sleep that night. I guess with the contractions coming so quickly and having no real relaxation when it was time to push i just felt so tired for the first bit of pushing i kept dozing off in and out. Dh says i was very "high" felt pressure but no pain. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"