April 2014 Moms
Options

Birthday

So, my 21st birthday is August 14th and I'm trying to decide what to do. I want to go out, but I'm having serious mommy guilt and feel like I shouldn't go out and drink because I have DS to take care of. My family and friends are trying to plan something for that weekend and I would have overnight baby sitters, but I feel like a terrible mother not being there to take care of my baby boy. Obviously, he's my first, I haven't left him overnight, and I'm being slightly irrational. He's my responsibility, not there's. I feel like I need A14's permission to go out and that I'm not being a terrible mother. I'm a dork, I know. :((

Re: Birthday

• Options
    My birthday is next weekend and I have been pumping like crazy (I EBF) so I actually have a supply to let my stepmom watch LO overnight so I can enjoy some grown up time.
    Enjoy your night and don't feel guilty. A recharge will help you be a better momma
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 21st is tomorrow (woot!). We are celebrating with friends at a local low key bar. It's an outside venue with yard games etc. We are leaving LO with hubby's parents. I don't intend to get stupid-drunk but I'll have a good time. I've made sure we have plenty of milk frozen. I'm the same way though, I felt guilty planning anything too wild, but I think it's important to celebrate! Happy early birthday. :-)
  • Options
    I left kiddo for his first overnight with my parents when he was 4.5 months old and everybody was fine!! Happy early birthday! I had mono on my 21st and it sucked. I'm sure yours will be much better :)
  • Options
    Get drunk! Have fun, you deserve it. Happy (early) birthday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    On my 21st I drank pineapple moonshine and got sick off Boones Farm before I even left my house! I can't imagine dealing with that hangover with a baby. Heh.

Yeah.... I feel like a dinosaur now.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Go out!! I get what ya mean about leaving LO. My birthday is friday and I plan to go out but something a bit low key. I am too sad to leave LO overnight yet. Happy birthday!!!

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    *sparky**sparky* member
    edited July 2014
    So sad that I am actually twice as old as you, OP. If I went out drinking right now I would be paying for it for at least 2 days. But you should definitely go out and enjoy yourself!!! As someone else suggested just make sure you drink a lot of water too.

Happy Birthday!

@Teresa1896‌ - worst hangovers oft life have been from Boones Farm Strawberry Hill. No way I would drink that now!

• Options
    Everyone deserves to party on their 21st birthday. Turn down for wwwhhhhuuuuuutt

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I assume it means "Are you turning up for the party, or turning down the invite?", but I might be wrong. All this new slang (like "ratchet", which makes me want to strangle people!) I can't keep up with!

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    I have no idea what it means. Something to do with partying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"