Infertility

TTC- any advice would be appriciated too. also we are from South Jersey if anyone else is.

Hello everyone,

I am new to the concept of discussions here on the bump. I am a 29 year old and my husband is 33. We have been married 5 years and TTC on and off for over 2 years. I am having all kinds of female issues. On top of having a condition called vulvodynia I also have the following: Low Hormone counts in my Blood work, lack of estrogen and I have also not had a period/or ovulated in 2+ years. We were working with some Dr. out of Philadelphia who are amazing (thus how we found out all the above issues already) now they are sending me to a more local Fertility Dr. in South Jersey. We have out first appt in 2 weeks and I am really nervous. I have been taking my Basil Temp. every morning and also have been taking an ovulation test EVERYDAY and its NEVER positive. Which can be very disappointing and frustrating. I never really worried about getting prego throughout all this but I have to say its starting to make me a little nervous now. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also This is a silly question but if someone responds will I get an email so I know or do I have to keep checking the board? Thanks so much. and look forward to talking with you ladies on here.

Re: TTC- any advice would be appriciated too. also we are from South Jersey if anyone else is.

• OH I am sorry I must have posted this in the wrong place. I am sorry. IVF could possible be one of our options but I will not know more until We have our appt. I will check out the board you have listed above. thank you so much I really appreciate it.
  • ***Siggy Warning***

@tinytolly I live in south jersey as well. All the ladies on the board that are from this area go to R.M.A of NJ in Eatontown. I would highly recommend making an appointment with them as you go through these first steps with an RE.
    ***WARNING***

TTC Since 12/2008;  DH: 32, Azoospermia     me: 33, DX during IVF #4: Low AMH (Normal FSH) / SER due 
    to IVF Meds (causing failure to fertilize) Recent DX: Hashimoto's, Lupus Anticoagulant, White Blood Cell Disorder 
    High ANA, ATA, & APA, PAI-1 Heterozygous= blood clotting disorder; connective tissue disorder 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 2/2011     IVF w/ ICSI #2 5/2011    IVF w/ ICSI #3 12/2012   *New RE* IVF w/ ICSI #4  5/2013
    IVF w/ ICSI #5 8/2013 (Natural Cycle- No drugs)- One follicle->one blast. CCS normal. FET 9/10- 6BB blast. m/c @ 5w
    IUI #1 12/23- BFN  IUI #2 Cancelled (ovulated during AF)  Prep:CoQ10 (300 mg); DHEA (25 mg); Melatonin (3 mg), Folgard 2.2, Metformin 500 2x, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Aspirin 81mg w/ calcium, B12,  Vit. D 4000 & Prenate Elite Daily; Cabergoline 1/2 pill 2x week-  Cycling: Estrace Priming; Prednisone 10mg, Lovenox 40mg 2x,  Femera & Menopur   
    IUI #2.1 6/30 & 7/1. 1st Beta: 90 (7/15); 2nd Beta: 226 (7/17); 3rd Beta: 766   EDD: 3/23/2015

**ALL WELCOME**                                    My Blog 

• Loading the player...
  • That's some really good advice from @baby_blessings

I also wanted to say "Hi" from Jersey.  I consider myself to be in Central Jersey (Monmouth County), but I've learned that North Jersey vs. South Jersey is all about your perspective.  (I've been told that I live in both - which is why I stick with "central.")

I go to IVF NJ, which I like.  They have a number of offices, including one in Hamilton, but I believe all of the OR procedures take place at their Somerset office.
    ... But, in case you're interested, here's link to the IVF NJ web page that lists office locations: https://www.ivfnj.com/contact/#otherLocations

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies for the advice and input I will be sure to check out all the board!!! I really appricaite it.

• poohniki said:
    ***Siggy Warning***

@tinytolly I live in south jersey as well. All the ladies on the board that are from this area go to R.M.A of NJ in Eatontown. I would highly recommend making an appointment with them as you go through these first steps with an RE.

I'm an R.M.A NJ girl too but I go to the Morristown office.  I haven't had success yet but I'm very hopeful working with them.

BFP #1: 1/4/13, EDD 9/8/13, Missed M/C confirmed 2/8/13, Misoprostol

2013: Three CPs w/ EDDs: EDD 2/10/14, EDD 3/24/14, EDD 6/24/14

IVF/ICSI #1 (Antagonist) - Jan 2014- 19R, 14M, 11F, 3 penguins (6BB, 4BB, 6BC)  PGD tested- All Normal!

IVF/ICSI #2 (Antagonist) - Feb 2014 - 23R, 11M, 10F, 1 penguin (3BB) - Another Normal!

FET #1 - March 26, BFN

FET #2- Beta #1 (9dp5dt) -332, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) -1027, EDD 1/30/2015, Missed M/C, D&C 6/19/14

IVF/ICSI #3 (Lupron Down Reg) - Oct 2014 - 38R, 28M, 27F, 20 frozen on day 5, 16 normal penguins!!

FET#3 - February 1, 2015, Prep begins 1/13

All Welcome!

• cls78cls78 member
    poohniki said:

***Siggy Warning***

Siggy warning!

This x 2. I went to the Eatontown office and had a great experience. I am pregnant with Twins after my first FET. They are the best fertility clinic in NJ. I am in South Jersey and started out at S. J Fert.ility. (Did 3 unsuccessful iui/clomid cycles.). When IVF was recommended I moved on to R.M.A since they have excellent stats for IVF. GL!
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm also from South Jersey.  I go to see Dr Jewel Amui out of Marlton, NJ and absolutely love her.  She is the first fertility/gyno I have had who sits down with you and takes as much time as is needed to answer any questions, go over all treatment options and explains everything in a compassionate and professional manner. I could tell after just my first visit that she genuinely cares about every single patient, it is nice to feel like I am more than just another chart on her desk.  
  • Hey ladies. I asked around alot before we made out appt. I have not heard of the ones listed above but I will keep them in mind. We were recomended to Dr. Louis Manara. Has anyone heard of him and or used him? I have herded wonderful things.
  • ps. he is in south Jersey Voorhees area. :)
  • @TinyTolly I called Dr. Manara's office for a second opinion and if I can join them. I live in central jersey so getting to his office was like an hour to hour an half drive. The receptioned asked me where I live. And when I told her in central jersey. She was polite and said to look for a clinic closer to my house and recommended rma nj. That showed me they r not working to make money but think of patient first. If she wanted she could of scheduled my appt and have me travel every few days for testing during cycling.
  • @fjamil1 That is so great to hear about them. I heard very good things and after hearing what you wrote I am very happy with out choice to see Dr. Manara. Please let me know how you make out at your Dr. as well. Best of luck!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"