Multiples
Options

Tips for moving 8mo twins in together?

TobieRoseTobieRose member
edited July 2014 in Multiples
My twins are 8 months old. They start the night in their cribs and until recently came into bed with us after the first nighttime feeding; now I've started putting them back down on their own after nursing.

One of them has had reflux and woke up screaming every night, so instead of his crib in their shared room, we put him down in a pack and play in our walk-in closet for naps and bedtime. I'm ready for them to start sharing a room and figured I'd start with nighttime, but I'm at a loss as to how to do this. Right now they each get their own routine; should I keep that up and hope I can sneak the other baby in the room after the first one's asleep? Or start a whole new routine for both of them? 

Tonight was the first night I tried putting them down together; right now they are making a LOT of unhappy noise. No screaming yet, but I'm not sure if I should hold out for them to sleep or throw in the towel. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed!
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image

Re: Tips for moving 8mo twins in together?

• Options
    I would try one routine since that would be best in the long run. They should be able to get used to each other's fussing & crying. I used to feed them both on boppies and let them fall asleep there. Around 5 mo I decided they needed to fall asleep on their own in cribs. So they both still take a bottle on the boppy but then I place them awake in their cribs. The first few nights there was fussing. More than once I disturbed the non fusser when I went into check on the other. I suggest trying something for several days or a week to give them a chance to get used to it. If it doesn't work then try separate routines.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"