October 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: Chickens

Ladies, for those of you not in Instagram…

We got our first eggs this morning from the chickens!  One pink and one green!  They are teeny tiny.

We've had them since beginning of March, and they've already gone through 200lb. of chicken feed between the 6 of them.  Backyard farming's become much more of an investment than I expected.  But at least it's starting to pay off!  I am so excited!

Re: NBR: Chickens

• Options
    Hismom12 said:
    Chickens eat an insane amount. My husband's go through 1.8 million pounds of feed in around 60 days.
    holy cow.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    Hismom12 said:
    Hismom12 said:
    Chickens eat an insane amount. My husband's go through 1.8 million pounds of feed in around 60 days.
    holy cow.
    Yea the first time he told me his numbers at the end of his flock I was like "did you say million?!"
    Seriously, that is what I was saying when I read it.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holy shite hismom! I'll bet your hubs likes when corn prices are low for feed, but yet not really because he's a grain farmer? I'm dumb when it comes to chickens, but does he mix and feed his own grain to them?

• Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    @Hismom12 are they all meat chickens?  Do you ever eat them?  Does he raise any egg chickens?  
  • Options
    CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited July 2014
    9 weeks to 9 lbs. is FAST.  Mine are 21 weeks old and ~almost~ full grown around 6lbs.  I can't even picture the operation you guys have going :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"