High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Hospital bed rest anyone ?

I'm trying to find a suppose group for anyone on hospital bedrest I'll be here till 34 weeks unless the baby comes on her own I'm 30+5 days and I feel so sad although I know it's what's best for her , my leaking won't stop as I'm being treated for pprom. Is anyone else feeling this or going through anything similar

Re: Hospital bed rest anyone ?

• Options
    Well, I was in the hospital for a few days earlier this week to stop PTL, but am now home on modified bed rest. Two years ago when I was on this board, there used to be a daily bed rest check in. My guess is, there are alot of people that lurk on this board who would be interested in doing some type of a daily bed rest check in-be in hospital, home, modified, etc.

Hang in there, I know it is scary! Have they given you steroid shots to help develop her lungs?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes I've had the shots I can't help but to cry I feel so sad yet so selfish for crying and complaining
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes I've had the shots I can't help but to cry I feel so sad yet so selfish for crying and complaining
    I think that reaction is totally normal. No one wants their pregnancy to be stressful or spend an extended amount of time in the hospital. You are in the best possible place for you and your baby at this point.

When I was on bed rest with DS's pregnancy (well and this time I guess), my best way to fight the constant feelings and stress was to stick to a routine. I got up at the same time daily, took a shower, read books, watched series of tv shows on netflix, etc. I would just see how your days pan out in the hospital in terms of if you are allowed to shower, when nurses come, how long you are alone, plan visitors, etc. I know it sucks, but looking back on the time I had bed rest with DS it seemed like a small blip on the radar. I hope you can keep your LO cooking for another 3.5 weeks to get to 34 weeks. That is my goal as well for this litle girl.

• Options
    I'm just a lurker on here typically, but I also on hospital bed rest so I thought I would chime in. I have actually been on hospital bed rest since July 1st when I was at a routine MFM appointment and it was discovered that my cervix was funneling. I was also having contractions (which I could not feel). I was sent to L&D at one hospital and then transferred to a bigger hospital with a level 3 NICU. It was all very scary considering I was only 23 weeks + 3 days pregnant with triplets! I can tell you that the first week was definitely the hardest. The hospital I am at is over an hour away from my husband and family. I started a blog to occupy some time and to keep family and friends updated! I'm happy to say that today we have reached 27 weeks!! Yay!! I still have days where I cry and then feel guilty, because I know this is what is best for my babies. I typically try to have things to look forward to, such as my husband staying the night with me on Fridays and every Saturday we celebrate another week. Looking forward to things has kept me sane! I wish you the best and hope you can keep your LO in there as long as possible! My doctor tells me that for every day I am here and keep these babies in, it is two less days that they would have to be in the NICU. Kinda something to put in perspective.
  • Options
    Are you on bedrest as well ? I think it's a good idea to have a routine . Do you have meltdowns
  • Options
    Thank you hearing the encouragement helps me a lot. When u for pprom did u keep leaking fluid the whole time? My doctor seems to think I will go I to labor on my own before 3 weeks and I have no clue as to why
  • Options
    Have you ruptured ? Or leaking? Congrats on making it so far. I have about 2 1/2 weeks to go but thinking of that givess anxiety and I feel so awful for feeling that way, I keep having these breakdowns I think finding a routine would be good for me . I wish there was a daily check in for us
  • Options
    Are you on bedrest as well ? I think it's a good idea to have a routine . Do you have meltdowns
    @CynthiaVRey, not sure if this is directed at me, but yes I am currently on bed rest.

I think because I am still adjusting to bed rest again (day 4), I don't think it has fully set in yet. It also helps that I am home. Currently, I need to get into a better routine as I am still in my pajamas at almost 2 pm...thankfully my Mom is here to help with my 2 year old until Friday and then DH is off for a week, and MIL is coming to help with DS and the house work until I hit 34 weeks. Hang in there.

• Options
    Oh your so lucky your at home and not I'm a hospital ! I have a rupture :/ of rather be home but the hospital is the best place for me
  • Options
    Hi there, it looks like I'm joining you in a very similar situation. My water broke yesterday afternoon and I've been leaking ever since. I'm 31 weeks today, and not really having any contractions. My dr is supposed to come see me this morning and I have a fetal assessment scheduled for this afternoon so hopefully we'll have more of a game plan after that, but for now it's just a matter of trying to keep this little guy inside as long as possible! I was actually in triage for a good chunk of Friday night and Saturday morning in PTL, they gave me the first steroid shot and we're able to stop the contractions. My membranes were still in tact and I was not dilated so they sent me home. I got the second steroid shot last night.
    Just keep telling yourself it's what's best for baby...you're in a place where they can monitor you and treat you immediately if needed. We can get through it!!
  • Options
    I delivered this morning, baby was small but she's doing good , try to keep your little guy in as long as possible. Just like you my water broke on Friday and by Monday in the hospital I began to see a green discharge ended up being a bowl movement there was no concern I had all anti biotics but soon a sfter contractions started and went from there delivered this morning c section.

Get rest try and go week by week. Hospital bed rest is horrible I cried everyday I just couldn't bare the fact of being there . Stay busy and keep a schedule that's what I had to do
  • Options
    I delivered this morning, baby was small but she's doing good , try to keep your little guy in as long as possible. Just like you my water broke on Friday and by Monday in the hospital I began to see a green discharge ended up being a bowl movement there was no concern I had all anti biotics but soon a sfter contractions started and went from there delivered this morning c section. Get rest try and go week by week. Hospital bed rest is horrible I cried everyday I just couldn't bare the fact of being there . Stay busy and keep a schedule that's what I had to do
    Congrats on your little girl! I hope she has a short NICU stay.

• Options
    Congrats on your baby girl! I'm so glad she's doing well! T&P for a quick NICU stay for her and a speedy recovery for you mama!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"