Detroit Babies

New and have a question about doctors...

lovetruly06lovetruly06 member
edited July 2014 in Detroit Babies
Hello Everyone! Im 26, married and I just got a positive test, two actually. I know I need to go get it confirmed by a doctor, so my question is this, do you ladies have any doctor recommendations for doctors in the Sterling Heights or Troy area and tips on what to look for or ask when I go in. This is my and Husbands first, so Im new to this.

Edit: Also if anyone know how to get rid of the wedding ticker and guest list please let me know. I tried just deleating the text in my setting but for some reason it didn't take.
BabyFruit Ticker
I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
I will not be moved!!
>Blog

Re: New and have a question about doctors...

• I'm with women's excellence in on/gyn and I chose to go with the midwife group. I believe they have offices in that area. I LOVE my whole prenatal team there
  • SA0012SA0012 member
    I think it's actually in Clinton Twp. but I see Dr. Sara Elhusein. I LOVE her. It's not a group. So I see her for every appointment and she will do the delivery.

I love that she seems young, but not too young, straight shooter, funny and caring. 

There's another doctor in her office that's VERY popular too. Dr. Mimi Chen. We actually tried to  get into her but she couldn't get us in soon enough (this was a year ago) so we thought we'd try Dr. Elhusein just for the one urgent appointment that we needed. But we love her so much we stayed.

Good luck with your search!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello Ladies,

When I got my positive, I went to my general physician's office to get blood test done. you get the results the next day. Then I scheduled an OB appt at 8 weeks (that is the earliest most OB are willing to see you). I am new to  Michigan and I don't know of a good OB yet. I am just going with someone who my GP knew and is covered under my insurance :D

I am 6 weeks pregnant, due date Mar 25th, 2015. It's good to find local contacts. Have you heard anything about Providence Park hospital in Novi? That would be the closest location to us and convenient during the winter months. 

Also, I am having a hard time finding prenatal exercise classes. Have you had any luck finding a good one?
  • We picked our OB based on the hospital where we wanted to deliver. 

I asked my GP, who then provided us with a referral. I love our doctor (he delivers out of Henry Ford Macomb, if you want his name, PM me) but the office staff has on more than one occasion left something to be desired. Regardless, I have heard wonderful things about the actual hospital staff (my SIL delivered there) and the rooms have all just recently been updated. 

Additionally, our childbirth class at the hospital actually got us excited about labor and delivery, and the additional support classes have been wonderful. 

We live on the east side of Sterling Heights, so PM me if you want to talk! 
    Married 10/2009
    Dog parents 8/2011
    Human parents 10/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • First precious, I used to live near Novi and used to see Dr. Thai. I loved her and really liked everyone else I saw in that office. I highly recommend.
  • First of all, congratulations on your positive pregnancy test. Secondly, wishing you a healthy nine months. If I may suggest to you Dr. Linda Karadsheh in Clinton township on 17 mile and Garfield. I love her! She is the one who formally diagnosed me with Endometriosis after 7 years without any answers or relief. I had 2 of my laparoscopy surgeries done from her. She is an absolutely wonderful doctor and so is her staff. Dr. Karadsheh is such a sweetheart Personally in my opinion she doesn't treat you like a patient but as a family member or friend of hers. The same for her staff. They're all very loving, caring, respectful, honest, trustworthy, non-judgmental, very open, and down to Earth. She only works Monday-Thursday, Friday's are her surgery days at the hospital, and works with her weekends off. She lives in Harrison Township, married, and has two young girls. She's affiliated with McLaren Macomb. Her number is to the office: (586')286-4880. Good luck with everything and your search!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"