Stay at Home Moms
Options

aaahhh homemade food.....

So I just finished making a giant bowl of tzaziki for my sister's bridal shower and of course I'm sitting here munching (gotta make sure it tastes OK duh). I dip in a pretzel stick and up comes a big black dog hair!!! Eeeek!!!!! Is this why you guys don't like homemade stuff? Ugh just glad I caught it now!

:-&

Re: aaahhh homemade food.....

• Options
    Yep, that's why!

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Options
    Okay, that's not entirely true. I'm less afraid of dog hair and more afraid of butt scratching or nose picking followed by no hand washing.

Due 12/29/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    :-& That would be one of my fears.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lol yuck. Now I'd be paranoid there would be more in there. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Options

lol yuck. Now I'd be paranoid there would be more in there. 

Haha yea i totally dug through the rest of it!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Are you still going to serve it?
    oh my gosh, I was planning on it! There was one dog hair and I didn't dig through with my hands haha, just with a pretzel. I would think it's still okay right??!

ETA Wait!  I don't want your opinion per your previous comment!  :P
  • Options
    I am so paranoid that if I know that I am going to be doing some work in the kitchen I sweep and mop the night before and wipe down the counters with cleaner. Then the next morning about 10 minutes before I start I clean the counters again and wash all of my utensils that I am going to use! I know it seems excessive, since we only have one dog but hair in food grosses me out :o( especially pet hair, I love my pooch! But just not in my food!
  • Options
    Are you still going to serve it?
    oh my gosh, I was planning on it! There was one dog hair and I didn't dig through with my hands haha, just with a pretzel. I would think it's still okay right??!

ETA Wait!  I don't want your opinion per your previous comment!  :P

no don't serve it. It had dog hair in it gross!!!!
  • Options
    @thechickencoop‌ I am anal about my kitchen! It's one of the cleanest rooms in my house for that reason! I'm soo grossed out by anything that shouldn't be in my food being in my food! :o) it's a habit now and doesn't take me long since I do it so much :o)
  • Options

So because some (all) line cooks are gross or have done gross stuff I'm supposed to be cool with eating food that had dog hair in it? 

Not my preference but I've done it. I'm not squeamish. I have two dogs. I'm not saying everyone should try dog hair but I think people are a little silly if they think they aren't eating a few pounds of hairs, insects, what have you. If I trust someone's cleanliness, I'd keep eating and call it a one off.

Sorry but no. I am not naive I know that there is nasty stuff in some food but to knowingly serve dog hair food is gross
  • Options
    AndrewsgalAndrewsgal member
    edited July 2014
    I seriously can not get over the fact that people are all nonchalant about serving food with DOG HAIR. It totes cool because resturants are dirty too. FFS it a dog hair in food. Gross! You people would be fine if you were at a dinner party and the host was all I hope you enjoy the potatoes don't mind the fur?
  • Options
    It was delicious. :\">
  • Options
    Wait wait wait! Let me zip my flame suit up!
  • Options

I am so paranoid that if I know that I am going to be doing some work in the kitchen I sweep and mop the night before and wipe down the counters with cleaner. Then the next morning about 10 minutes before I start I clean the counters again and wash all of my utensils that I am going to use! I know it seems excessive, since we only have one dog but hair in food grosses me out :o( especially pet hair, I love my pooch! But just not in my food!

I have a dog and I do this same thing. I would be horrified if I or someone else found a hair in food I prepared!

You still served it!?! :-&
  • Options
    It was delicious. :\">

That is seriously gross and incredibly rude. If you want to eat it so be it, but to knowingly serve food with dog fur in it at a shower is ridiculousl. You had plenty of time to dump it and make new or just buy some.
  • Options
    Oh good grief; it was one hair that I found. Meh.
  • Options

seriously? You don't see how this is gross at all? You served dog hair food to people in purpose. You only found one hair how do you know the guests didn't find more?
  • Options
    I did check haha. You would remake an entire dish? Pffffft.
  • Options
    YES, I would remake it. Gag, I am throwing up right ow. I cannot believe you served that. That is disgusting and very rude.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options

seriously? You don't see how this is gross at all? You served dog hair food to people in purpose. You only found one hair how do you know the guests didn't find more?

She said she picked through it.
    :-& I would most certainly make a new dish. If you wanted to eat it fine, but you served it to unknowing guests. At your sister's bridal shower nonetheless. Does your sister know?
  • Options
    AndrewsgalAndrewsgal member
    edited July 2014
    I did check haha. You would remake an entire dish? Pffffft.

Yes you dont serve dog hair dishes at parties! Not to mention it is a cheap easy dish to remake.
  • Options
    She also thought George Zimmerman was "right", so whatever.

I remember that now. Guess I am not surprised that her judgement when it comes to fur food is lacking.
  • Options
    Costco sells tzaziki...for future reference.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm glad we aren't having a Bump Potluck.
  • Options

Oh girl you better have that suit zipped up.... This is gross. I think keeping the dog hair dish for your house would've been a better idea.

I have two dogs. Large, hairy ones (Siberian Husky, in fact). I don't understand how there was dog hair in your food? Like... was it in your dishes? I'm sorry. First someone feeds their sister a fruit fly cupcake and now dog hair dip. I just can't.

I KNEW when I saw that you commented you were going to bring this up. For the last time, the fruit fly landed and then flew away. #noregrets :P

Due 12/29/2012
  • Options
    Hollylb3 said:
    Oh girl you better have that suit zipped up.... This is gross. I think keeping the dog hair dish for your house would've been a better idea.
    I have two dogs. Large, hairy ones (Siberian Husky, in fact). I don't understand how there was dog hair in your food? Like... was it in your dishes? I'm sorry. First someone feeds their sister a fruit fly cupcake and now dog hair dip. I just can't.
    I KNEW when I saw that you commented you were going to bring this up. For the last time, the fruit fly landed and then flew away. #noregrets :P

How can you not see how gross that is? Bugs and hair in food means you don't serve it to guest.
  • Options
    As I stated before, her house is absolutely disgusting, and I am 100% certain there's worse at hers. She lets her cats climb on the counters.

Andplusalso, she deserves it for the years of torture she inflicted on me. I wouldn't have done it to anyone else.

Due 12/29/2012
  • Options
    This whole thread makes this pregnant girl want to throw up!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    Cats on the counter, animal hair in food AND George Zimmerman!  This thread gave me a raging case of the OHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOSSSSS.   
  • Options
    That is fucking disgusting
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"