February 2014 Moms

Tell me about NASHVILLE (omgomgomg!)

Long long long story short: My H may just have had his dream job handed to him on a silver platter. He's been hoping and waiting and dreaming about a job like this (executive chef/administrative manager at a big university) for as long as I've known him. 

This is huge. The job would start in about a month. It would require us to move from GA to Nashville - just up and go. He'd probably go first, and W and I would follow soon after. 

I'd have to give notice at my job here, handle W solo for the time he's gone, pack up the house, and orchestrate a move with a 7 month old in tow. My H would help as much as he could from Nashville - my guess is that his mom would come down and help me, because she's awesome like that.

We'd have to find housing, daycare, a job for me, etc. (My H lived in Nashville for years, so at least he's somewhat familiar with the area.) We'd probably either need financial help to get us started, or dip heavily into savings. Both are do-able (although obviously not ideal.)

I keep going between extreme excitement and utter panic. Right now, the excitement is winning out.

Is this insane? Is this even possible? WWF14 do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tell me about NASHVILLE (omgomgomg!)

• So I can't tell you anything about Nashville, but you can totally do this! Sounds like an awesome opportunity, and since you're thinking about a career shift anyway, it's great timing for you to go after what you want, too.

The logistics will be tough, but doable.

So exciting!
    Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • What an exciting opportunity!!!! Will this be the easiest thing you've ever done? Nope. Can you do it if you decide it's the best thing for the Codypup family? Yep!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • What a great opportunity! I don't have any advice about Nashville but good luck! 
  • I live 30 minutes north of Nashville. PM me if you'd like! You will love it here!!!  :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My BIL and his fam live there. It's a fantastic place and lots of fun. How exciting!!
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • I don't know about living in Nashville but I do know that I would love to try it! It's one of my favorite cities and TN is my second favorite state! As far as the moving part, you can totally do it! ~ Says the woman who had lived in 4 states in 8 years and moved 7 times in those 8 years.
    Started TTC Summer 2008~ Started with RE Summer 2009~ October 2010 IUI-positive HPT & beta, c/p~ Natural pregnancy March 2013, m/c at 7 weeks, Trisomy 16~ Natural pregnancy June 2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like a really exciting opportunity for you both! The move will be tough, but moving is always tough! 
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• I don't know anything about Nashville, but it sounds like a great opportunity!
  • I went to college in Nashville for a while. It is a great city! So much fun! Other than college living, I'm not much help, but I do still know several people there I could ask things for you if you need anything specific. You can handle it!
    BFP#1 9/10/2012- EDD 5/19/2013- Miscarriage 10/8/2012

BPF #2 6/20/2013- EDD 2/23/2014- Baby girl born 2/19/2014

• Sounds like a fabulous opportunity for your H, and maybe it'll help out for you to pursue your career change? Do it! Good luck :D

imageimage
  • This sounds so amazing!!! What a fantastic adventure for you three!!
  • Also if you have IG then follow experiencenash they upload tons of food and wine pics and it can give you good ideas of fun things to do around andplusalso Loveless Cafe... ill just say its worth the wait... there is always a wait and Jeni's Ice Cream. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No nothing about Nashville, but congrats! Sounds like a great opportunity for your family!
  • Soooo now that I know this isn't about the tv show....

Sounds like an awesome opportunity. Would he be working at a college? Just a thought but they usually extend education benefits to spouses. Since you've been thinking about a career change you may be able to take some classes for little to no money and work towards that!
  • versedversed member
    What a great "problem" to have - congrats!!!

One of the benefits of hubby getting a college job is that he'll have access to a lot of help with getting you guys settled. Many universities even have on-site daycare. There may even be a job there for you, too, at least until you figure out where you want to go.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Do it!!! No time like the present! :) good luck!
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"