Pregnant after IF
Options

IF competition? WTF!

I had lunch with an old friend yesterday and my IVF came up. She responded with, "oh really? I'm probably going to have to do that, too." She is now the SECOND person to respond that way and, along with the first person, isn't trying to get pregnant, has no diagnosis, and has not been given any reason by her doctor to think that getting pregnant is going to be a problem. I asked her why she thought she would and her response was, "I don't know, I just have a feeling." I mean, I get that IVF is trendy and celebs do it, too (I'm being very sarcastic), but you'd think infertility status is one competition you'd want to be losing. I just can't imagine someone telling me that they have cancer and me saying, "oh yeah, I'm probably going to get that, too" so I don't get doing the same with infertility.

Does anyone else have these weirdo acquaintances???
Me (31) - PCOS with insulin resistance

4 rounds of Clomid = no response
IVF # 1 - ET (1 3AA, 4 frosties): 12/22 = BFP
EDD: 9/9/2014

Re: IF competition? WTF!

• Options
    I do! We call her the girl who invented the internet bc anything we do she did first!!!we had already done a fresh IVF ending in ectopic and a FET that failed and she goes, oh yeah, I have been IF for years, we could do IVF anytime (bc it's so easy to IVF at the drop of a hat). She got ku'd the next cycle and I seriously haven't talked to her since. Just amazing how ignorantly hurtful people can be :(
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    SKLHSKLH member
    I think you're 100% right about the "trend" thing. To us, why in the WORLD would someone "want" to go through it!? I think b/c they've never been through it they have NOOOOO clue how awful a diagnosis like that is along with they have no clue how tramatic the experience is on your body. I've been pretty open with strangers about our process and just about EVERYONE I tell says "oh yeah, my aunt did that too" or "Oh my daughters 3rd grade teacher did it" as if it's totally normal. I know it's more common than we know but gosh, it doens't make it "the norm" What I would give to have that $30k back in my savings account and to get pregnant by having sex with my husband. I think peeople are just naive (and some just rude).
    Me (28) DH (32)  Endometriosis                                                                                   IVF  #1 (1/2013) - 17 Retrieved, 16 Mature, 14 Fertilized- 2 transferred- BFN
    FET #1 (7/2013) - 2 embryos - BFN
    FET #2 (9/2013) - 2 emrbyos - BFN
    New RE. Fresh Start
    IVF  #2 (2/2014) - 25 Retrieved, 19 Mature, 16 Fertilized, 9 blasts.
                                 CGH Testing: 6 Normal
    FET #3 (4/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 35 Beta #2: 16 :(
    FET #4 (5/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 321!!! Beta #2: 727.9!
    6/5/2014 Heartbeat! 144bpm It's a girl!
    Due January!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's ridiculous! People are just stupid.
    Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
  • Options
    Yup. I have two friends who each got pregnant in the 11th month of trying. Yes, they were at the far end of normal, yes, they had their RE referral in-hand. But does it compare to our five year journey and multiple IVFs? Nope. And I know that I'm incredibly lucky compared to others. But they don't have a clue what real IF looks like. *sigh*
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"