Baby Names

When you were 12...

What would you have named your future baby?

I would have named mine Vivian, because of Pretty Woman. I did not have a boys name because babies are girls, duh (hahaha twenty years and two boys later!).

I actually stand by this name choice, but anyone have any awesomely cringeworthy choices?

Re: When you were 12...

• I wanted three girls so I could name them Faith, Hope, and Joy.

In highschool I thought the name Mackenzie was SO COOL.

In college I loved Olivia and Lucy...not bad names at all just overly popular now. I still love Lucille Louise though I'll never get to use it.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• CMSAVCMSAV member
    Tanya, I think was my favourite. early teens was when in had it in my head name that it'd be really cool to use boys names on girls: Riley & Zak (yes, spelled like that :P ) are all I can remember off the top of my head. then loved names to do w music: Dolce & Cadence
  • Loading the player...
  • In high school I thought it would be so cool to name my daughter Marlee (after Bob Marley). I actually still think the name is cute, but not sure I can actually commit to that name! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • lauralew said:
    I wanted three girls so I could name them Faith, Hope, and Joy. In highschool I thought the name Mackenzie was SO COOL. In college I loved Olivia and Lucy...not bad names at all just overly popular now. I still love Lucille Louise though I'll never get to use it.
    I know a set of sisters named Faith and Joy.

When I was a kid, I named all my dolls M-names: Melanie, Melinda, Maggie, Margot, Miranda, Mallory, etc.  

I married a Matt, have a dog named Macie, and my daughter's name is Maggie.  I did not realize this was the case until I came home from the hospital.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• lauralewlauralew member
    edited July 2014
    Oh! And I remember reading a book with a family of 12 kids. The mom named them alphabetically from a baby name book... So the first kid was named the first name on the A list, second kid was named the second name on the B list, and so on. I thought that was really cool!! (Now I think it's crazy.)

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• I had twin names picked out at that age.

Girls: September(my birthday) & Joey(Grandmas name)

Boys: Noah & Nathaniel(my grandmother wanted twins with these names when she was young. Every grandchild had to promise we would name twin boys this.)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• I was thinking about this just the other day.  I loved Leslie Marie back then.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • erinmserinms member
    emmyg65 said:

When I was 12, I thought Pepper and Lemon were super cool, off-the-wall names. :/

Pepper is fantastic, in a quirky way. Paired with Lemon? Exactly why you shouldn't let a 12 year old name your kid! Love it.

• I wanted to name my first daughter Whitney after my Nurse Whitney Barbie doll. Haha
  • DaisyZHDaisyZH member
    edited July 2014
    Alexandria

ETA: At 12 I just assumed I'd only have girls for some reason.  Although I did suggest Michael to my pregnant aunt around that time and she chose it which I thought was the coolest thing ever.  Looking back she probably had already chosen it lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• lauralew said:
    Oh! And I remember reading a book with a family of 12 kids. The mom named them alphabetically from a baby name book... So the first kid was named the first name on the A list, second kid was named the second name on the B list, and so on. I thought that was really cool!! (Now I think it's crazy.)
    I remember those!  The second kid was like Bainbridge or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• My mom had my brother when I was 13 and I wanted to name him Nike. I actually saw it in a baby name book. It means Victory. She named him Joseph. Boring. Lololololol.
  • I wanted to name a girl after a friend Rhea and a boy Nicodemus after the Rats of Nimh.
  • I really liked the name Key for some reason.  My parents still tease me about that.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• I wanted to name a girl Felicia. I wanted to name a boy Elijah. Elijah obviously was sticking around for the long haul because almost 20 years later it's still my favorite boy name.
  • Trevor Micheal was my boy name. I don't think I had a girl name.
  • I remember wanting to name a boy Benjamin and a girl Rachel. I still love the names, just not sure if I'll use them.
    Anniversary
  • erinms said:
    What would you have named your future baby? I would have named mine Vivian, because of Pretty Woman. I did not have a boys name because babies are girls, duh (hahaha twenty years and two boys later!). I actually stand by this name choice, but anyone have any awesomely cringeworthy choices?
    My boy was going to be Zachary Benjamin and my girl Lindsey Brooke
  • DaisyZH said:

lauralew said:

I remember those!  The second kid was like Bainbridge or something.

I remember those too! The first one was Abby or Abigail and I think the D one was Dagwood. There were twins too I think... I also thought it was a fun idea at the time!

The girl name I liked when I was that age was Audrey Love. Went through a big Audrey Hepburn phase, and I just thought Love was such a great middle name!

• I also only had girl names: Mallory and Hailey.

Mallory from baby sitters club, and Hailey was a girl at my school that I thought was super cool. She was the only Hailey I'd ever met at that point in my life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kayla, which doesn't sound terrible now but definitely screams 90s to me now.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP! - 8/15/14
    EDD - 4/28/15
    It's a Boy!
  • lauralew said:
    I read that book too! 

I wanted to name a daughter Raina or Kaya and a boy Braden. Except I couldn't figure out how to spell Braden and experimented with many different spellings :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I liked Kimberly and Samantha.  I named my doll Anna but spelled it "Ana" to be different.  CRINGE!  I DID, however, spell my real kids' names normal!
  • When I was 15/16 I liked Michelle and Alexander.  Both family names, which I guess I liked even then.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • When I was 12 I wanted to name all my children after the month they were born in.  If I had a kid in February it would have been Fevrina or Feber.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • JMU_Bride09JMU_Bride09 member
    edited July 2014
    Girls: Ashleigh, Haileigh, Candi, Lydia, Violet (kind of all over the place in style, I know. Also...thank goodness my style has changed since I was 12!)

Boys: Andrew, Thomas, Parker

• Brianna for a girl, Jared for a boy. Nothing's too off the wall
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• KTZ17KTZ17 member
    Gabrielle for a girl and Caleb for a boy. Not bad names, but wouldn't use them now for last name reasons.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Brittany (the chipette), Kimber (from Jem and the Holograms), and Cassandra (because I thought it sounded sophisticated). 

I don't think I'd thought much about boy names.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Chantal.  Yeah, I don't know where that came from.  I guess I was into French names?
  •  I really really wanted Shenandoah for a girl.Don't ask me why. Her NN was going to be Shenny. *Shudder*
  • ==N====N== member
    Scott and Eve.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Atreyu for a boy after the kid from The Neverending Story. I still love that movie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I loved Ainsley and Faith for girls and Nicholae (pronounced Nick-o-lie) for a boy.

• Samantha
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • M3L333M3L333 member
    In grade school I wished to have a boy and girl name Michael and Julie. Although not bad names, they are not my choice today. In high school I remember liking the name Galvin for a boy...I don't love it today...
  • My favorite boy names were Michael, Ethan, and Brennan.

My favorite girl name was Mackenzie. I recall being fascinated by the name Joey for a girl (a classmate's younger sister was called Joey) but can't recall whether I wanted to use it in the middle name spot or use it as a nickname for a more formal name.

More laughable than my taste in names is the fact that I had some idea that I was going to have six kids, three boys followed by three girls. Hahahahaha.
  • I liked Morgan for a girl and Ian for a boy. I still like Ian and I think Morgan is valid as a girl's name although nms. I also wanted to move to Alaska, own ten huskies and be a professional musher. I was/am a weirdo!
  • I remember really liking Kelsey and Mychaela, which I would never use now.

But I also liked Lydia and Anica...the first was rejected by DH, the second might have been DS's name if he had been a girl.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"