October 2013 Moms
Options

S/O FFFC: SLEEP STUDIES

It's clear to me we have some sleep walkers, talkers even sexers among us.  I need to know everything about this.  I could squeal with excitement!  I have so many questions such as, but not limitied to Do you remember any of the sleep activity?  Do you always end up in bed?  What is the strangest sleep experience?  How have you coped?  WHAT DO YOU DO?!?!  Share it all here, please.

Re: S/O FFFC: SLEEP STUDIES

• Options
    I talk a lot in my sleep, in which I recall non of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    missgpsu said:
    I sleepwalk mostly when I am stressed or have constant interrupted sleep (baby waking up).  Anything I can do awake, I can do asleep including walking, opening doors, signing on to my computer, typing, answering phones, cooking, sex, you name it.  I went to a sleep clinic to see if there was anything I could do, but there is nothing.  The only thing they found is my brain never goes fully at rest state so that is why i am so active in my sleep.  My scariest was carrying LO in her RNP from our bedroom, down the hall, down 4 steps, and into the living room.  She was only in our room because she was sick and I wanted to listen for her breathing since she needed the nebulizer.  I woke up giving her a breathing treatment on the couch.  We moved her into her own room at 4-5 weeks just so I would have less access to her.  Although, I could easy go into her nursery and take her out in my sleep.  It scares the fuck out of me.  Sorry so long
    That is scary stuff.  It's interesting to me but taking care of the baby essentially asleep and suddenly waking up would freak me  the F out.  So you just deal with it as it comes as far as coping?  What about sleep aids or natural relaxation techniques?  (no idea what I'm talking about, for some reason this seemed like an ok thought)  Are you tired all the time? When did you start sleepwalking? Do you feel interrogated? 

• Options
    I've never slept walked before (that I know of) but DH says I talk sometimes and we've engaged in sleep sex more than once. It's weird, but kind of fun too hahaha

imageimage    

• Options
    WeljadraakWeljadraak member
    edited July 2014
    missgpsu said:

NRyan55 said:

@missgpsu‌ and I are sleep twinsies except I take care of the dogs in my sleep, never my baby. Apparently my subconscious is a really shitty mom.

Right before I got pregnant (thank god), I was sleepwalking and carrying Noodle down the narrow steps of the townhouse we were renting.  Of course, DH was out of town for work and I fell really badly.  Cracked a few ribs, hurt my back, landed with a step against my neck so major headaches for days, but I didn't drop Noodle.  I got Noodle's back, but broke my own
    ----------------- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Wow that's pretty bad and scary. There's nothing that helps??

Eta also the scratching thing is straight out of a horror film.

• Options
    hlb622hlb622 member
    This convo couldn't be better timed.

I just made DH an appointment at the sleep clinic because he's been sitting up in bed, asleep; from what I found online, it's a form of sleepwalking. He just sits up on the side of the bed and snores. It was happening once in a while, but now it's 10 times per night. Once he was sitting on the end of the bed and fell forward into my closet...next time, he made it out to the couch, then fell into the coffee table. Last week, he got to the bathroom, sat on the toilet, and then fell forward into the tub. It's actually got me really worried that he's going to hurt himself. 

It's only been happening for a few months, if that. He used to be a talker, which was funny -- but now it's #gettinreal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hlb622 said:
    This convo couldn't be better timed.

I just made DH an appointment at the sleep clinic because he's been sitting up in bed, asleep; from what I found online, it's a form of sleepwalking. He just sits up on the side of the bed and snores. It was happening once in a while, but now it's 10 times per night. Once he was sitting on the end of the bed and fell forward into my closet...next time, he made it out to the couch, then fell into the coffee table. Last week, he got to the bathroom, sat on the toilet, and then fell forward into the tub. It's actually got me really worried that he's going to hurt himself. 

It's only been happening for a few months, if that. He used to be a talker, which was funny -- but now it's #gettinreal.
    Yeah, that would definitely concern me.  That's very dangerous.  

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    cdhaslag said:
    @hlb622‌ good luck to your DH! My DH has had several sleep studies done with no answers/help but his is defffffinitely a product of his environment/stress/experiences. Regardless it is terrifying sometimes (scratch that, his is terrifying every time... Omg the way he screams, Bleh) Hopefully your DH can get some answers!
    you AND your H sleepwalk?  That's...something.

• Options
    I'm an annoying sleepwalker.  I'll get up, turn on all the lights throughout the apartment, go to the bathroom and then back to bed.  Usually my parents and now DH will turn out the lights and I don't know it happened except I am very tired the next day.
  • Options
    I sleep talk, nothing that makes sense nor that I remember, but DH thinks it's hilarious.  

Since having DD2, I've gotten up to get her from her room and bring her into our bed many, many nights and have had no recollection of doing it.  So, I guess it's a form of sleepwalking.  It scares the crap out of me, I do NOT like not knowing that I'm picking up my baby and bringing her into bed with me.  If DH sees me getting up, he'll wake me up, but he sleeps like the dead so usually we both just wake up in the morning and look at each other confused as to how the baby got in bed with us.  

Thankfully, it's becoming less frequent since she's sleeping longer stretches and I am not as exhausted, but it was happening almost every night for a few months and I am just so lucky that everything was fine. Now when she wakes up, I am typically not as drop-dead exhausted as I was and I wake up too - I still bring her into bed with us, but I KNOW that I'm doing that. 
    imageimage

• Options
    I clean and reorganize in my sleep, sleep eat, and partake in sexual activities. I agree that sleeping aids make it worse.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    SHAWNACPASHAWNACPA member
    edited July 2014
    ncase2 said:
    For those who engage in sleep sex, is it still good? Do you remember it????

This happens to me every once in a long while... As a matter of fact, after forever of trying, this is what finally got us pregnant!!

Edit to add - I always wake up and it is very good!!

• Options
    I sleep walk rarely but I sleep talk all the time. A friend of mine is a sleep eater. She discovered it bc she had all these abdominal pains and digestive issues. Evidently her roommate eventually solved the mystery by catching her eating dish soap and parts of a sponge in her sleep. She would literally eat anything in the kitchen and not just food, and didn't wake up.
    Yikes, that doesn't sound good...

• Options
    ncase2ncase2 member
    MrsKocal said:
    Jalee85 said:
    I clean and reorganize in my sleep, sleep eat, and partake in sexual activities. I agree that sleeping aids make it worse.
    I wish I cleaned in my sleep, that's some effective multitasking right there. 
    #braintwinz

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Welcome Daniel! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image image
  • Options
  • Options
    @cdhaslag‌ that's crazy!! is he dreaming about being overseas?
  • Options
  • Options

I used to sleepwalk as a kid and sometimes I talk in my sleep now. I don't use sleeping aids, but all cold meds knock me out and i always sleeptalk when i've taken cold meds.

one time i had a dream dh cheated on me and i guess i kicked his ass in real life. he had a fat lip and said my punches really hurt lol. i was grieving and depressed at this time so mine is situational.

Emotional sleep fighting. Interesting.

• Options

I don't sleepwalk, but I do something that had been described as cooing - like a pigeon. DD totally does it too and DH says it's like a symphony in our house now at night

Lol

• Options
    bionicbbionicb member
    edited July 2014
    I used to talk in my sleep as a child, my mom likes to tell a story about when I was hospitalized (probably for a wicked uti.) I was sleep talking and another kid down the hall was sleep talking and apparently it sounded like we were talking to each other. Had the nurses cracking up and they told my mom and she still laughs about I.

I have a touch of insomnia, before I got pregnant it was really bad, so we tried ambien. It works. It worked so well apparently that i sleep shopped online. 2-6 weeks later packages started showing up. I managed to sign up for Disney Movie Club (kept it. Lol) a poster things (I have a ferris beuller poster now...) and Dr. Seuss books. I think there was more but I cant really remember.

I believe it happened 2 different nights about a year apart.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Options
    Inn2Inn2 member
    Both my H and I talk in our sleep and can carry on whole conversations. Imagine the conversations we might be having together that we don't remember!

My mom also always talked in her sleep, so when we wanted permission for something we thought she might say no to, guess when we asked!
  • Options

I used to talk in my sleep as a child, my mom likes to tell a story about when I was hospitalized (probably for a wicked uti.) I was sleep talking and another kid down the hall was sleep talking and apparently it sounded like we were talking to each other. Had the nurses cracking up and they told my mom and she still laughs about I.

I have a touch of insomnia, before I got pregnant it was really bad, so we tried ambien. It works. It worked so well apparently that i sleep shopped online. 2-6 weeks later packages started showing up. I managed to sign up for Disney Movie Club (kept it. Lol) a poster things (I have a ferris beuller poster now...) and Dr. Seuss books. I think there was more but I cant really remember.

I believe it happened 2 different nights about a year apart.

Omg that would be terrible to have an unconscious shopping problem.

• Options
    Inn2 said:

Both my H and I talk in our sleep and can carry on whole conversations. Imagine the conversations we might be having together that we don't remember!

My mom also always talked in her sleep, so when we wanted permission for something we thought she might say no to, guess when we asked!

There is an app for that! @awwwpuddin‌ knows what's up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"