1st Trimester

would it be bad....

I am a CNA and i work 40 hrs/week. The job i work out requires alot of mandatory overtime which is anywhere between 12-16 hour shifts, and people go through the mandatory overtime list atleast once a week. My doctors appt isnt until the end of august and i really would like to ask him a note to say i cant work longer than 8 hours. Is that irrational? I worked pregnant with my son as a CNA doing 30 hours/week and went into preterm labor...i just dont want the burn out and dont think i can handle more than 8 hours.

Re: would it be bad....

• You have to do what you feel most comfortable with. You know your body best and if you believe it is a legitimate concern, i'm sure your doctor would happily write you a note. If you are working longer hours than you wish, it's likely to stress and tire you out which isn't good for baby. Ultimately, that has to be your first priority.
    I'd say as long as you and your husband's finances allow it, go for it!

• with a history of preeclampsia and miscarriage seems legit to not want to work more than 40 hours a week...
  • Loading the player...
  • Listen to your body. If you feel like you are getting burnt out, talk to your boss and dr. If your body is used to it, it should be fine. Or like other posters have said, find a new job. One that only requires part time if thats what you think you need.
  • I would say talk to your boss about your concerns at this point. Tell them you would like to stay at 40 hours, unless they are in a bind and need you to fill in for overtime now and then... If you develop issues, talk with your doctor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"