May 2014 Moms
Options

Episiotomy pain... Still

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is having similar problems or knows someone who did. This is driving me crazy! I'm about 9 weeks post pardum and have been experiencing burning while peeing (external) and soreness at the episiotomy area for the past 5 weeks. It's not getting any better despite several visits to the OB. Currently they have me using Desitin as a skin barrier since they say everything looks healed! There may just be a tiny pocket where a stitch broke they say..

Re: Episiotomy pain... Still

• Options
    Yup, same boat. Almost 12 weeks PP and I still feel what I can only describe as tightness and that really dry, sand paper-ish feeling. But like you and pp, doc confirmed that I'm all healed.

DH and I have had sex a few times and it's still hurting, even with tons of lube. I know BFing can cause feminine dryness so I know that's not helping. I expect it will take a while longer before we feel completely normal.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Options
    On the flip side, I didn't have any kind of epis or lac and it's still tight/sand papery and uncomfortable even with lube. I think it has more to do with BFing and things just getting back to normal.

Even tampons feel very uncomfortable for me.

You're not alone!

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same problem for me. My OBsays it's healed, but may be tender for awhile and it definitely is. I haven't even tried to have sex yet And my little guy is two months old.
  • Options
    I only had a small tear. I tried sex once and it hurt so much. I'm 8 weeks post.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"