Trying to Get Pregnant

***WTO Friday***

Good Morning Ladies! TGIF!

Cycle/Month: 

CD: 

What are you doing to get pregnant? 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: 

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why?

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

Re: ***WTO Friday***

• Good Morning Ladies! TGIF!

Cycle/Month: 2

CD: 8

What are you doing to get pregnant? The usual.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I have questions.  And I don't want to post new discussions with things I should probably know.  So, how long should I wait before taking my PNV if I'm having coffee in the morning with breakfast?? And, is WebMD's information regarding  having more than 2 drinks being considered "moderate" alcohol consumption really linked to a 60 % reduction in fertility?  Ahhhh, thanks if anyone can answer this.
    ^^that's where I read it if you wanted to see the source.  

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why?  I love the beach and the salt water, find it more therapeutic than a pool.  Also, love the mountains for hiking, but, if I had to pick, the beach would win out.

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • Morning!

CD: 4

What are you doing to get pregnant? temping, waiting out AF

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: opks should come in today, going to try them out next week

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? I grew up on the beach so have always kind of taken it for granted so I guess I prefer the mountains.  They are so beautiful to this flatlander!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP! - 8/15/14
    EDD - 4/28/15
    It's a Boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Good Morning! Thanks for starting @holly628 !
    @holly628  I am not sure how long you are supposed to wait.  I have read that caffeine can cause you not to absorb the iron in the PNV so I have cut back and try to only drink decaff.  Not sure if one cup will hurt that or not.  I would wait until the caffeine is out of your system (but that is just me!)

Cycle/Month: 2/2

CD: 3

What are you doing to get pregnant? waiting out AF at the moment :) BBT, CM, Pomegranate juice, green tea...oh and sex!

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Nothing really to report here! Hoping to relax more this cycle.  We will be traveling to Europe during my FW so hopefully we  get lucky with some vacation sex!

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? The beach.  Always the beach! I love love love the sand, the waves, the sun.  Everything.  I like the peacefulness. Luckily we get to go every year.  It is my favorite week of the year :)  

Dating since 6/9/10...Married 6/9/14
    BFP 8/18/14...EDD 4/29/15
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • FJM85FJM85 member
    Thanks for starting @Holly628!

Cycle/Month: 1

CD: 11

What are you doing to get pregnant: Nothing unusual

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Nothing to complain about, it's almost weekend :D

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why?  I love the nature in general, but there is just something magical about the beach and waves! to me it is the most soothing sound in the world.

Proudly on the dark side

• TGIF indeed!

Cycle/Month: 8 (6 AL)

CD: 6

What are you doing to get pregnant? Nothing yet

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Just got Wondfo package in the mail, it's like Christmas morning :)

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? Beach. I love camping on the beach, bonfires, sand, and sun. Not so much the sand in the butt crack...
    Me 31 / DH 30
    DS born 6/12/12

My little superhero
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 started Oct 2013
    BFP #1 10/30/13 - m/c 01/02/14 @ 9 wks
    TTC #2 resumed Mar 2014
    BFP #2 8/17/14 - EDD 04/26/15 - it's a girl!!

April 15 Jan siggy challenge - workout fails

• Cycle/Month: 8/9

CD: 12

What are you doing to get pregnant? Stuff

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Didn't get a temp this morning as I was up sick on the couch all night with diarrhea and a migraine. Happy Friday.

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? It's a tough call but I'd say mountain/lake. I love being on a boat surrounded by mountains and it's something I've done with my family all my life. I like to water ski and kayak too.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks @holly628 !

Cycle/month: 2/3

CD: 10

What are you doing to get pregnant?: The OPKs I ordered are coming today, so I'll probably start peeing on those this weekend.

Rants/raves/chartstalks: It's Friday, so no.

GTKY: I seem to have the UO on this. I LOVE the mountains. I really hate the beach (sand. everywhere. Big ole nopetopus on that) but DH is a water rat so I suck it up and go every once in a while. My favorite is canoeing in the middle of nowhere. I'm getting DH canoe chairs for his birthday so we can stay out longer without my butt falling asleep...
    TTC #1: May 2014

My Chart
  • Cycle/Month: 2

CD: 15

What are you doing to get pregnant? Sex, temping, charting, preseed

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: My chart is messed up because I missed my temp on CD13 but I had EWCM for a few days and a +OPK and temp spike on CD14 so I think I O'd or will today.  Had good timing thus far, was out of town last night so will HIO one last time tonight and hope for CH's soon.

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why?  BEACH!!  We are boat people and spend as much time on the water and the beach as we can in the summer.  My profile pic is our boat slip number at the marina.

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• CytheCythe member
    Also lurking and popping in for the pnv question. PPs gave great info so I will just add this. Many women take their pnv before bed - many because it upsets their stomachs - but as you're not as likely to be drinking anything then, it could be good for you as well.

I hadn't heard the absorption of iron, but so check to see if your pnv has iron at all. Many of the gummies don't. Iron isn't super important now, but will be once you actually get pregnant. Good to check though.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Happy Friday!!

Cycle/Month: 3/4

What are you doing to get pregnant? Everything.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I got CH this morning, it seems SUPER early. My last cycles have been 61, 39, and 28. The 28 day cycle was when I first stopped BC. Than it was 39 and 61. My cycles before the pill were also irregular but never less than 35. I guess I just need someone to say "yes dummy, you ovulated, now go to TWW" here is my chart. Someone reassure me? All my temps were taken at different times because toddlers are crazy and don't always sleep through the night.

https://fertilityfriend.com/home/4e3909/

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? Beach or pool. I love the water. When I was pregnant we had an older lady as a neighbor who was terrified I was going to give birth in the pool since I was in it all the time. My avatar picture is the beach at our resort in Jamaica from our honeymoon.

@holly628‌ another vote for PNV before bed. That way nothing is interfering with it!

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • @cythe and @littleliverpill, thanks for popping in! You ladies are the best! I think this means I need to take my PNV at lunch so I avoid mixing it with coffee in the morning and green tea/wine after dinner.  I should probably cut out the wine, too as one glass for me can easily turn into the bottle.  

@itshumpday, FW sex on vaca in Europe sounds amazing :) Where in Europe are you travelling to?

@ashleyinva, I'm with you on living at a beach town.  Went to Montauk, L.I. a few months ago and loved it.  I live 2 blocks away from Coney Island beach now, but it's not the same and people still are afraid something like Hurricane Sandy will happen again!

@AnnaTTCat32, you're not a whiner! You're just excited because it's your first month trying.  Good luck hitting your fertile window and FX for CH's soon for you :)  I love Long Beach and have gone there often, when did you move to the Midwest? Love Mad Men too! But, what was up with that last half of a season??

@3houlagirl, your comment about peeing on things made me laugh! :)  Canoeing sounds awesome, is it much harder than kayaking?? I've also been wanted to try Stand Up Paddleboarding, but I may just fall over.

@nittanyllama, sorry you were sick all night, hope you feel better!!

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • @Bee1112, it looks you had the temp spoke and EWCM on the days leading up to CD 12 so I think that's definitely possible.  If anything, there looks like there was a temp spike on CD 14 too so those are both possibilities.  I'm still new to this stuff but hope that helps!

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • Thanks for starting today @holly628. I agree with previous posters that anything with iron should be separated from coffee, dairy products and other medications by at least 4 hours. Otherwise you won't absorb the iron properly. 

@itshumpday - I'm jealous of your vacation! Where in Europe will you be staying?? 

@Bee1112‌ - Yes dummy you ovulated now go to the 2ww ;) But seriously yes I think it looks like FF is right. Keep HIO just in case it does change your O date but the date it has now looks promising. FX for you!
    -----------
    Cycle/Month: 3

CD: 8

What are you doing to get pregnant?: bbt, CM, sex, green tea

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: All this talk about vitamins made me realize I've been forgetting to take mine recently! Oops. 

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why?: Beach!! I just love the ocean. I could sit on the beach for hours because it's so relaxing. 

Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    BFP #1 11/14/14 - CP @ 5w2d
    image  image  image
  • Oh no @nittanyllama‌! Feel better!!
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    BFP #1 11/14/14 - CP @ 5w2d
    image  image  image
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Glad I could make you giggle today @holly628 ! I think canoeing is easier than kayaking, but the boat is much heavier; I can't lift it myself. I am hopeless when it comes to any water sport that involves standing. Surfing, wakeboarding, I spend more time on my backside than my feet...

My Chart
  • Cycle/Month: 8/9

CD: 2

What are you doing to get pregnant? Waiting for AF to end. Going in to see the RE today for my CD 3 sono (since CD 3 is tomorrow), then will start Clomid this cycle with an Ovidrel injection to O.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Feeling really nervous about taking Clomid and giving myself an injection to O. RE thinks I have a slight ovulation defect, hence the need for the Clomid but I'm unsure why I need the trigger (will find out today). I'm assuming because I O late and have a short luteal phase, the trigger will give them a better time frame in which I O so they can give me progesterone if needed. Wish me luck!

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? Beach, beach, beach. But, I hate going in the ocean. I just like to look at it. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Bee1112 said:

Happy Friday!!

Cycle/Month: 3/4

What are you doing to get pregnant? Everything.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I got CH this morning, it seems SUPER early. My last cycles have been 61, 39, and 28. The 28 day cycle was when I first stopped BC. Than it was 39 and 61. My cycles before the pill were also irregular but never less than 35. I guess I just need someone to say "yes dummy, you ovulated, now go to TWW" here is my chart. Someone reassure me? All my temps were taken at different times because toddlers are crazy and don't always sleep through the night.

https://fertilityfriend.com/home/4e3909/

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? Beach or pool. I love the water. When I was pregnant we had an older lady as a neighbor who was terrified I was going to give birth in the pool since I was in it all the time. My avatar picture is the beach at our resort in Jamaica from our honeymoon.

@holly628‌ another vote for PNV before bed. That way nothing is interfering with it!

I just got a high fertility rating on my CB advanced OPK. I'm just going to keep having sex.

Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    It's a BOY!
  • @holly628 - Thanks for starting!

nittanyllama - Hope you feel better!!

CD: 13

What are you doing to get pregnant? temping, OPKs, prenatal, sex

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I've had a steady temp rise the past 2 days so DH is having a blast getting laid.

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? Beach all day everyday. So relaxing and beautiful!

TTC #1: June 2014

BFP: 09/07/2014 EDD: May 18th, 2015

Me: 27 DH: 30

Married: August 31, 2012 <3

• purple_2012purple_2012 member
    edited July 2014

Cycle/Month: 1

What are you doing to get pregnant? PNV, watching CM, and sex

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Wanted to do the first cycle just based off of CM so I'm guessing that I haven't O, because I have yet to see any EWCM, but then again who knows? If nothing happens this cycle I will buying some OPKs!

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? Definitely the beach and mountains! I love both! I only live about 20 minutes from the beach, but I love going to the mountains in the fall.

• @holly628 I LOVE CONEY ISLAND.  We went often when we lived in Brooklyn.  I'm so jealous you live so close - I'd be on the boardwalk every morning before work.  We have a wedding dinner next Friday up there, so we'll be having a very Brooklyn weekend.  Roll N Roaster better be prepared.  
    I tend to stay in the small area of sand in between Brighton Beach and Coney Island because it gets so crazy! But mostly I just love the jogging barefoot in the shore.  Helps my anxiety every time :) Where's the wedding going to be at?! 

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • edited July 2014
    Cycle/Month: 1/2

CD: 49

What are you doing to get pregnant? Gaining weight, Temping, PNV, EOD/ED Sex

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Appointment with OB/GYN went really well yesterday. She said she is almost certain that other than coming off the pill the reason I haven't ovulated yet is my low BMI - so as much as I love to work out and eat healthy it's time to up the calories and add in some rest days from the gym.

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? Pool where you can see the ocean! All of the benefits of the ocean minus the sand.
    ME: 30 DH: 31

Married 6/2/12

BFP!!! 10/6/14 EDD 6/16/15
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @nittanyllama hope you feel better!

@Bee1112 I think I would be suspicious too, given your previous cycles.  One time fertility friend gave me CH for CD 12, I didn't trust it so I kept temping, waited it out, had sex EOD just in case and it took them back several days later. I went on to ovulate on my usual day of CD 20. I hope your cycle isn't so long this time though!

Cycle/Month: 3AL/5 months total

What are you doing to get pregnant?: Finally in my fertile window! Yay. Five days until O! (probably anyway) So I'll start OPKs today, ED sex with pre-seed starting tonight, and continue my PNVs and temping.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: No! Don't look at my chart! It isn't ready yet! Also, going on vacation to Tennessee to see family tomorrow. Which reminds me, I might not get to be on much. I've been told there isn't internet at the cabin. I think they are lying to me but we'll see...

GTKY -- Can I be a special snowflake? I don't really dig any of those options. I don't swim well so the ocean although lovely, sort of freaks me out. Same problem with pools, too tall for the shallow side and don't swim well enough for the deep end. Mountains are pretty but I can totally look at them in pictures without all that hiking jazz. I'm from Missouri and we love the forest. I'll take a good old Missouri creek or river any day. The water is clear and awesome!

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• @LisaG09‌ I think I'm just going to wait a few days. Especially since I got a high reading on my OPK this morning. I'm from MO too!

Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    It's a BOY!
  • Hey guys I missed  you guys in this thread! I have had my nieces and so my bump time has been super limited! I see there are new faces (sorry for your CD 1s)!

Cycle/Month: 8

CD: 16

What are you doing to get pregnant? The norms and added green tea into the mix. 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Raves-getting creative sneaking sexy time in after bedtime since we are watching my nieces for a month. It's adding some excitement in and we are trying new rooms of the house! (baby is sleeping in our room) Rants-Monitor is on day 9 of high fertility. Come on peak! But we have managed a lot of sex this month so that is pretty awesome! I should have known my O would not be before CD 16!  

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? The pool!!!! No animals to bite you (I have been bit by a fish and stung by a jelly fish)! I am not the hike for fun kind of girl so the mountains sound terrible! 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pippacricket & @holly628   We are going to Scotland, London and Brussels :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @itshumpday‌ - We did Scotland and London last Spring - Such a great trip!
    ME: 30 DH: 31

Married 6/2/12

BFP!!! 10/6/14 EDD 6/16/15
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LisaG09‌ I'm a Missouri girl, myself! Canoeing the Meramec with DH is my version of Heaven :)

My Chart
  • holly628 said:
    I tend to stay in the small area of sand in between Brighton Beach and Coney Island because it gets so crazy! But mostly I just love the jogging barefoot in the shore.  Helps my anxiety every time :) Where's the wedding going to be at?! 
    It'll be at a yacht club in Rockaway.  I guess I'll technically be spending more of next weekend in Queens, because Saturday is a Breezy Point beach day for us!
    Awesome! Breezy is beautiful.  Have a great time :)

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • @excited2see, I don't think your link worked.  Where in Brooklyn are you? 

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimage
  • @3houlagirl and @Bee1112 Yay, Missouri! We float all the time. Our town sign says floating capital of the world on it. Don't know if it's true or not though! We also get free floats because we've got ties to the owner of a huge river resort on the Meramec!

BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Cycle/Month: 3

CD: 7

What are you doing to get pregnant? usual stuff

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: just hoping this cycle will be shorter than the last one of 47 freaking days

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? Mountains all the way. Wonderful memories of going to my cousin's cabin in CO every year for the 4th of July. Also if I am traveling during the summer, I would rather go somewhere cooler (mountains), not the same temp or hotter (beach). 
  • @3houlagirl and @Bee1112 Yay, Missouri! We float the Meramec all the time! We went to Meramec State Park yesterday. It's so pretty!

Names | Blog | Chart

• Good afternoon Ladies
    Cycle/Month:

CD: 10

What are you doing to get pregnant? Temping and will start OPK's tomorrow or Sunday and ED sex starting Sunday

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I can't find the regular CB digital OPK's All I have seen are the advanced one's and they are SUPER expensive 10 tests are $46 WTH were are the regular one's that were $26 very frustrating

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? I prefer the pool. Even though the beach is pretty I can't stand the sand getting everywhere and the mountains are not even an option for me.
  • Hi Ladies <3   Hope you all have a fun weekend ahead :)

cycle: 6 al
    cd: 9
    what are we doing to get pregnant?  pnv, h2o, raspberry tea, opk, bbt, eod sex

rants/raves/stalks: I've noticed that the days after AF and before O I'm so bloated....anyone else?  I've read that O can cause bloat but not sure abt the days leading up to O.  I usually O around cd 14.  Anyway...other than that I have been lazy w/ taking my temps last few days...I still need to enter today's temp but it was higher than normal I think bc I slept horribly.

GTKY:  I prefer all of the above!  I love going to the Ocean usually for the first half of the day and then lounging the pool the rest of the day...esp if the pool is right off of the beach.  But I love the mountains as well...in the fall it is so scenic and I love going to Fall festivals and doing anything out doors..also we always go to the mountains where I live for a Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving.  The last two years it has snowed on the very day we go....love it!  

TGIF!!

My Ovulation Chart

BFP #1  6/14/2011 EDD 2/22/2012  DD 2/2/2012
    BFP #2 1/19/2014 EDD 9/27/2014 CP 1/24/2014

• Cycle/Month: 9

CD: 11

What are you doing to get pregnant? sex, pnv, opk

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I am getting really discouraged with ttgp. It took 14 months to get ktfu and one miscarriage and I was really hoping it wouldn't take that long for #2. ugh!

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why?  beach and pool. I love the sun and water!!!!
  • itshumpdayitshumpday member
    edited July 2014
    @lovegrilledcheese‌ try putting in two dummy temps. My CH didn't show until I had 3 high temps.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cycle/Month: 12 

CD: 17 

What are you doing to get pregnant? Temping, sex 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I'm probably going to O today but I'm hoping my body can hold out for one more day. 

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? I'm a mountain girl. The bigger, the better. 
    TTC #1 since 8/2013
    DX: Unexplained infertility 11/2014
    Hysteroscopy, D&C 11/17/14
  • Cycle/Month: 7
    CD: 17 
    What are you doing to get pregnant? BBT, PNV, raspberry leaf, EOD sex 
    Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I think I am going to O soon! My OPK was discouraging tonight though- it had a line (still negative) this morning and now it is stark white. I will try again in the morning (and maybe later tonight if I feel like it).
    GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why? Love all of them- but probably the beach! DH is not a beach person but I am trying to get him to take a trip to the Outer Banks with me. :)
    October Siggy Challenge: Halloween Fails
    BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 27, DH: 28
    Married 7/2012, TTC #1 1/2014
    BFP 8/8/14 EDD 4/15/2015

• dmsmthdmsmth member

Cycle/Month:
    2/2

CD: 2

What are you doing to get pregnant?  pnv, charting, opk's

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks:  nothing right now.  waiting for af to end and ordered some wondfo's from amazon. 

GTKY -- What do you prefer, beach, pool, or the mountains? And why?  mt's.  i love trees and adventure and great veiws. 
    m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"