1st Trimester
Options

Possible blighted ovum or not

Hi everyone! I've had several (possibly 10) positive pregnancy test. I had a little pain on my left side. To call it safe I went to the dr to fine that I have an ovarian cyst. While looking which was thought I was around 6 weeks along there was only a gestational sac with nothing ini it. And I measured over 4 weeks. They did blood work and we will wait for results. She felt positive that I am just to early to see on a ultrasound but gave me my possibility. I will know more after the hormone levels come back. I have a healthy 3 yr old daughter that also measured behind when I was pregnant with her. Just praying its a similar situation. No bleeding or much of anything. Any advice ladies? Thanks in advance

Re: Possible blighted ovum or not

• Options
    I had an early ultrasound with my first baby, just under six weeks, and was told it was a blighted ovum. I cried for a week and agreed to come in for a follow up ultrasound "just to be sure" and LO and behold, there he was, is little flutter of a heart just beating away. Dont get down and out, it's probably just early. I know it's hard not to worry though. I hope my experience gives you some positive feels. You have cause to optimistic, for sure.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    Khen21Khen21 member
    My first positive was the 15th and a very faint line. I took some more in between and even yesterday was extremely bright now. They have progressively gotten brighter and yesterday's was extremely bright. My dr thinks i ovulated late. My cycles vary from 28 days to 46 days. I had just got off the pill last month so I could have been later. To the second post, your story gives me positive great feeling. My daughter was an early ultrasound as well and went in for a two week check up and heard a hb as well. Praying for the same outcome. I appreciate your responses :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know this must be scary, but I think it's very likely that you ovulated late. I am 6 weeks today, and I got a faint positive on July 6th. If you didn't get a faint positive until July 15, you would probably be between 4 and 5 weeks now, not 6 weeks. My T & Ps are with you. Keep us updated!

BFP #1 on 3/26/14.  M/C on 4/29/14 (Blighted ovum).
    BFP #2 on 7/6/14.  EDD 3/19/15. 
  • Options
    Khen21Khen21 member
    Thank you and I promise i will keep everyone updated. I feel completely fine today. Little shocked still and continuing to stay positive. Again thanks everyone
  • Options
    At 5 weeks 4 days i was only able to see gest sac and yolk sac. Its very very possible that everything is fine. You may have ovulated just a tad later than you think. Best of luck to you :)
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    Khen21Khen21 member
    Hi ladies! I wanted to give you an update to my post. They called and said the numbers matched perfect with my ultrasound and to come back next week for a follow up u/s. They said everything seemed to be normal and was an early pregnancy :) my heart is still excited. I do feel my dr jumped to quickly though. We may be making a switch back to my old OBGYN.
  • Options
    Unfortunately they have to tell you all the possibilities to cover their butts. I don't like it either but if they told you "you're fine, just too early!" And it was in fact a non viable pregnancy, well, people do crazy things sometimes.
  • Options
    To update everyone. I started spotting Wednesday night
  • Options
    I guess the other part of my post got erased or something. I did miscarry. This is my second in a row and we will begin to get testing done. Were beyond blessed to have our three yr old however we do plan to try again. Thoughts and prayers as we go through through the testing and healing process.
  • Options
    Thank you Kyliedaniellexx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry mama
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"