Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

pacifier

how do I get my 4 week old baby to take the pacifier? I am breastfeeding and wish that he would take the pacifier during inconvenient times to eat or to help him fall back to sleep. I have the soothies pacifiers which I was told are best for breastfed babies. Thanks

Re: pacifier

• Options
    My son didn't like those. He uses the Mam pacifiers. They were also recommended by our lactation consultant. He has no problem going from those to the breast.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    kd&cdkd&cd member
    2nd the MAM brand soother. DD liked them from day 1 and no issues going soother to breast. However, some babies just don't like soothers...my mom says she could never get me to take one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've been using the MAM for newborns since his second week. At first, he'd only take them if I rubbed them down with breastmilk. Now he takes them after a little coaxing. Out and about though, they are life savers.
                image image image
  • Options
    fraseyfrasey member
    yeah get a whole bunch and try them out. DD only took the orthodontic ones, hated soothies and everything else. DS can't keep the ortho ones in his mouth and prefers the Tommee Tippee ones. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DD uses the Avent ones. She was EBF and there was no issues switching or anything.
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The MAM worked for us with both kids.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    DS #1 hated the pacifier and wouldn't take them at all. He would literally spit them out.

DS #2 loves the soothies, he got them in the hospital. I would defintely try a few different brands and see what your son likes. All babies are different and have different preferences,

• Options
    Thank you girls...bought the MAM pacis last night. My son is taking them like a champ!!! Finally!
  • Options
    I use the soothies and it takes a lot of coaxing and slowly wiggling it in his mouth to get him to take it. Once he takes it though, he is good to go. 

image    image    

• Options
    Glad he took the paci. We are a mam family too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"