August 2014 Moms
Options

i know this is probably a repeat.

I plan on breast feeding. Was just curious as to what size bra I should get. I am currently a 38 DD have been since about 5 months prego. Thanks in advance!

Re: i know this is probably a repeat.

• Options
    That's what I was thinking too
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Motherhood maternity had these bras that came in s, m,lg types that I loved. They were really comfy for sleeping in and lounging around the house. And they were easy to nurse in. I had an xl because I went from dd to e. Might be something worth looking into.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I would recommend a few nursing tanks that come in S/M/L at first (or nursing bras, but I liked the tanks since I felt weird about my deflated belly). After a week or two you should be good going out to buy a few bras.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I got a bravado seamless silk nursing bra to have something to start with, also up to a 38DD now. Size large fits perfectly and still leaves room for me to get bigger. I also got a couple of the Lamaze sports bras when they were on sale at zulily and the large barely fits, so I would go up to an xl in those
  • Options
    I got these at Target that come in small, medium, large sizes that I think will work well until my milk comes in and I can get sized. A lot of people say that they are exactly like the Bravado Silk bras but cheaper:
    (Go by your bra size, not your shirt size. I'm a small in a shirt, but a 34DDD right now. I got a large and it fits.)
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    When your milk first comes in you'll get bigger than you are now from the engorgement, but once it regulates it won't be too too much bigger than you are now.  I would start with just one that fits a little loose for now, and buy more about 3 weeks post partum when everything is regulating

• Options
    tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited July 2014
    And don't go buy bras while engorged! I made that mistake last time. I thought I'd regulated but a week later all my cups were way to big unless I'd gone several hours without nursing.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Another vote for wait until your milk comes in.

I bought 3-4 nursing tanks in size small (HAHAHAHA), took off tags, washed them, and then had to donate all of them. Waste!

• Options

I have bought one motherhood maternity nursing bra, one of the "sports" type. More supportive. I'm not big chested, but by Victorias Secret sizing I am a 32 D. So I bought a size medium in the motherhood nursing bra.

It's pretty snug even now before my milk comes in so I'm a little nervous, but according to the sizing charts I should be fine. Love the look and feel of the bra, though.l

• Options
    Also remember your band size will go down after baby is here, your ribs get wider so baby fits, so after baby you may go down to a 36, and stay a dd or go up, so for sure wait 2-3 weeks! :)

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    Thank you all so much! I will wait! I was just worried I would need them right away and wouldn't feel like getting out.
  • Options
    nyagocnyagoc member
    After reading the advice of some of the ladies on here, I got a Bravado nursing bra.  I'm in love...just saying

• Options
    @kfdecarie‌ Thanks for mentioning band size-I had been wondering if that was likely to return to close to normal as my overall body weight does.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"