September 2014 Moms
Options

When do internals start?

Re: When do internals start?

• Options
    If you don't mind me asking why would you decline?
  • Options
    I will be declining this time as well. I walked around the last pg for 4 weeks at 4. The info wasn't useful.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor has already said she won't do them unless there's a problem to be checked out. They don't tell a whole lot about what's going on when you're going through normal pregnancy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My MW never does internals. Like PP said, before it doesn't really tell you much and during labor it can be very stressful and hinder your labor to constantly be worried about a number. 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB never ever did an internal check until I was already checked into the hospital in labor, and even then it was once every 8 hours until things got really moving.
  • Options
    Last time mine started at 37 weeks I think? I will not decline out of sheer curiosity :) I know it's mostly meaningless, but I just wanna know!
    image"funny">imageimage
    Mom of Boys!!

Baby #1 - 3 years old
    Baby #2 - Born 10/1/14

• Options
    Bella2425 I am with you , I know they don't tell you much but I wanna know anyway lol also I didn't think they hurt all that much
  • Options
    Only time I want one is if they will be doing a stretch and sweep that's it they fn hurt :((
  • Options
    Last time I had them done (don't remember when they started) but at 40 weeks, after walking my butt off for days and having horrible bh contractions, I was still a big fat zero and devastated. I was emotionally done and really thought that labor would be close. I remember calling DH a hysterical, hormonal, crying mess. This time I'm declining. No need to go through that again, since it is an indicator of absolutely nothing. And I've heard there is a risk of introducing infection (albeit probably small risk, but still, no reason for it).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm team know-all-the-things. I might start them next week? I'm not sure though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options
    I had my first at 36 weeks. I was 4cm and 90% effaced for 4 weeks before finally being induced. I agree that the checks are pointless and tell you nothing but hearing there is some progression keeps me going through the last few weeks!
  • Options
    I don't mind having them done just because I'm curious. They were uncomfortable but didn't hurt when my Dr would do it, the nurse in L&D on the other hand was a little more rough. I don't start them till 38 weeks.
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • Options
    I will be declining internals before active labor as well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                   DS 10/02/09  DD 03/28/11
  • Options

I have mine next week. I'm already on weekly appointments, but I have GD and evidently I'm "high risk" because of it. I'm also measuring ahead, so doc thinks it's possible I will deliver early, so she just wants to stay on top of it.

She didn't make it sound like I had an option to by-pass the exam - and she also made it sound like they would be doing it every week until D-Day - which does not sound awesome to me, but whatever I guess.

• Options
    I got one done last pregnancy at 34 weeks but I was pregnant with twins and was possibly being induced the following week so I think that may be why? (I had BP issues and my girls feel behind in growth) it hurt like a b@#@# I really hope they don't start too early this time. I'm trying for a vbac so I want to know if I'm progressing at all even though I know it means nothing but it will give me hope.

• Options
    I won't be getting one done until I am in the hospital ready to give birth. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"