November 2014 Moms
Options

Fantasy League Draft - Added Link to League

Dumbgurl04Dumbgurl04 member
edited July 2014 in November 2014 Moms
OK 3 spots left for the fantasy league!!!!  

So I was thinking we were gonna do a live draft.  So we need to find out what day and time works for everyone.  Since we all live in different parts of the country and are in different time zones we have to make sure we get a time that works for everyone who wants to be apart of the live draft.  Also just wanted to let you know since there are a few newbies with Fantasy you don't have to be apart of the live draft.  You can just do your rankings of the players and then when the draft happens and you are not logged in the computer will just pick for you.  I will say though if there is a certain you really want best option is to be there for the live draft so you can hopefully have a better chance of getting that person (I have already seen a fight for Kap ;)

I was thinking we could have the draft anywhere between August 17 and August 30, so there are few pre-season games played and we will be all set for  the start of week one on September 4th (rematch of the FAIL MARY!!!!) I live in Indianapolis so I am in the eastern time zone just to give everyone an idea.  I have a live draft for another one of my leagues already scheduled for August 28th so any other day works for me.   I will go with the majority that works for everyone and like I said if you are unable to make it to the live draft or don't want to be apart of it you can just rank your players and your draft will be automatic.  

I'm excited and can't wait for the season to start!!!!

Forgot to add the link to the league in case someone wanted to sign up that hasn't yet

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Fantasy League Draft - Added Link to League

• Options
    I'm excited!  I'm a total newbie when it comes to fantasy-I've only participated in pick'em before...so bear with me...

I work in the education field and will be back to work by the end of August, so bump/internet time for me will drastically reduce.  If I decide to do 'auto pick' like you mentioned, but then happen to be free at whatever time we decide, can I "over-ride" my auto picks?  (Does my question make any sense at all!?!)

How does the live draft actually work.  Thanks for your patience.  It's "dumb girl questions" like this that my DH would be rolling his eyes at.  Thanks for not hatin' on me too hard! ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I open for whatever as of now.  My other league has not scheduled yet.  If all else fails I can do auto - it wouldn't be ideal, but I don't want everyone to get screwed because the time was inconvenient for me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

--- my computer won't let me edit?

Just wanted to add - thanks again for doing all this!  I know it can be time consuming!

• Options
    @so72409 If you prepare your rankings for auto pick put found out you can be a part of the live draft.  When the draft comes just log in and there should be a link to join the draft and then you will get to pick instead of auto draft taking over

I'm glad to help with any questions 

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks!!! ...and thanks for heading this up!
  • Options
    wildflower75wildflower75 member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you!! Soo excited!!

Oh and I am EST.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    Thanks @Dumbgurl04! I'm in the Eastern Time Zone too and would request (if it works out) to not do the draft the weekend of the 22nd & 23rd - my brother is getting married and I'll be completely without technology for the weekend.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hooray for live draft!  I'm in Oregon (Pacific timezone), August 17-30 works for me....time might be an issue unless it's on a weekend (stupid work).  :)  Thanks for doing this!!  

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage 
  • Options
    I'm in Indiana so eastern time.

The weekend of the 21st-23rd is a particularly busy one for me as well. Besides that, my daughter's birthday party is the 16th so the 17th or later sounds grand!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for doing this and so excited!

I would vote for a weekday - August weekends seem to be insane this year! I'll make it work for any time zone but am PST. 

imageimage
  • Options
    FishyMomFishyMom member
    edited July 2014
    I'm in CST and I don't care when we do it... I am open for whenever. I am so excited and love the mention of the fail mary... I know what you guys are thinking... Yes I am a packer fan and yes I am still VERY bitter about that call! :) and thanks for doing this, I am a commish in my other league and it can be tiresome dealing with everyone's schedules and stuff.
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    I am super excited! I can be available pretty much whenever, I am also eastern.

As a newb I created two teams, not sure how I managed to do that. My DH has a yahoo league so he is going to help me delete one so I am not taking up two spots. So sorry about that!

Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    @Ashris13 I know that packers fans hate the fail Mary BUT they should be somewhat happy that that play help end the referee lockout

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Ok, crisis overted. DH got rid of my second team!
  • Options
    I'm in Central Time Zone and don't foresee any issues with those dates here. So excited! Go Cowboys...I ain't got no shame lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Eastern time, and I'm good with anything for the most part. I do teach a class on Tuesday nights from 6-10 but if Tuesdays work better for everyone else I can do autodraft. Thanks for setting this up, should be fun!

• Options
    I'm also EST. I get up super early for work during the week which means an early bed time so weekends would work better however, whatever the majority is, I'll go along!

My only conflict would be anything prior to 8:30pm EST on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I work until 8pm and have no access to technology at that job until I get home.

Thanks again for doing this!!
  • Options

Sunday's work best for me. But I will go with the flow and be available whenever needed!

As a side note, I told my DH last night I was in this league & he told me he was planning on giving me his other league since he only wanted to be one this year and not two. I told him SORRY! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"