Multiples

How many weeks with Mo / Di Twins?

Hi :)
I'm almost 24 weeks pregnant with Mono di identical twin girls, and I just want to know what week you gave birth? And if c-section or not?
TIA

Re: How many weeks with Mo / Di Twins?

• I had di/di twin boys but I carried them until my scheduled c-section date at 38wks 1 day. I had a c-section due to baby b being transverse. 

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also di/di. I had my boys at 34w after my water broke. C section under general due to baby a's prolapsed cord.

If my water hadn't broken, I wouldn't have gone past 37w due to mild pre-e.

• Loading the player...
  • Mo/di girls at 35 w 2d after my water broke. Vaginally delivered both.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • basil2basil2 member
    Mo-di boys
    37 wks 6 days
    Elective c-section (my first was a c-section)
  • I'm having mono/di twin girls as well! Congrats! I've been informed I will not be allowed to go past 36 weeks.
  • I'm 34 weeks today with mo/di boys... I will be induced at 37 weeks (hoping for vaginal delivery)
  • Mono-di girls born at 36.3 weeks - scheduled C-section secondary to them being growth restricted. They are 3.5 months now!

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• Induced at 36,4 and the girls were born vaginally the following day.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Induced at 37w exactly. They would not let me go longer. Both born vaginally. I'm really glad they didn't let me go longer bc A had the cord wrapped around his neck and B was 20% bigger, which is the max they want. Neither of these things was caught during any of my many many NSTs or growth scans.
  • My mono/di boys were born at 36 and 5. My doctors wanted them born between 36 and 37 weeks. I was induced and they were born vaginally.
  • My mo/di boys were born at 36 weeks. Baby a was vaginal, and baby b was an emergency c section (cord prolapse)
  • My boys were mo/di and were delivered at 38 weeks 1 day by c/s. I wasn't supposed to go past 37 weeks but my doctor was on vacation and everything was going good so we went the extra week. My boys were 6 lbs 3 oz and 6 lbs 6 oz.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SereJane said:

I'm having mono/di twin girls as well! Congrats! I've been informed I will not be allowed to go past 36 weeks.

Thank you :) congratulations to you too. yeah me too! I was just wondering if a lot of people started with labour before 36 weeks :)
  • I had mo/di boys at 35 weeks 4 days. They were delivered via C/S b/c of a growth discordance of more than 20% (would have been induced but Baby B was breech and the on-call doc wasn't comfortable with a version or breech extraction).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"