Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

1 week post d&c question **siggy warning**

I'm sure these questions have been asked before, I did a search, but wasn't able to quite find the answer.

I had a d&c this past Friday after 3 weeks of bleeding and waiting for my body to naturally miscarry. For the first few days after I did not have any bleeding. Starting Tuesday I had some brown spotting, then today I have more dark red bleeding. I also have been having lower back pain all week. Not horrible, but enough to aggravate me and require a heating pad. The doctor gave me pain meds (Tramadol), but they made me too drowsy, dizzy and foggy so I haven't been taking them, just Aleve, which I think is helping a bit. I was using tylenol and motrin before that and it was not helping much.

Anyhow, the question is, is it 'normal' to not start bleeding until almost a week after? To still have lower back pain a week after? The instructions left by the surgeon were to call my doctor if I still have bright red bleeding (the nurse said I should only have like spotting) and pain that is not controlled by pain meds. Technically neither of those are where I am at, but the bleeding has increased and is redder than right after, and there is still pain.

I know everyone is different, but hoping for some advice! TIA!

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

Re: 1 week post d&c question **siggy warning**

• Options
    I have no personal experience as I naturally MC'd both times, but my personal theory has always been it's better to be safe than sorry..if you're the least bit concerned, it's better to go ahead and call the doctor so you can give yourself peace of mind.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    It is 100% common. More often than not people don't really start bleeding (more than just spotting) until about 3-5 days post-op. 3 days seems to be the most common.

Just remember to go to the ER if you're filling more than a pad an hour or the pain is really intense and pain meds aren't helping.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EllyD14 said:
    It is 100% common. More often than not people don't really start bleeding (more than just spotting) until about 3-5 days post-op. 3 days seems to be the most common.

Just remember to go to the ER if you're filling more than a pad an hour or the pain is really intense and pain meds aren't helping.
    This.  ((HUGS)) to you!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"