August 2014 Moms

Birth announcements

What company are you using? Zulily has a deal to tiny prints right now - $20 for $40 worth of stuff. Shutterfly also has 40% off everything right now. It doesn't look like either of those companies offer much selection with magnets though :(

Re: Birth announcements

• I have a coupon at home (not sure where it's to) that offers 20 free birth announcements. I'll probably just order all mine from wherever that is since I don't think I'll get more than probably 50 total. I'm pretty sure it's to Shutterfly because I use them quite a bit for all my pictures and I'm always able to find options I love :)
  • SamN14SamN14 member
    minted.com --- they're my obsession. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Shutterfly. I received a $20 "gift card" with a motherhood maternity order, and I've always been happy with their quality. I've already entered everyone's addresses into my shutterfly account (they can address the envelopes for pretty cheap which will save a lot of time!) and picked out which card we'll use. We'll just have to take a few cute pictures and add the details. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use shutterfly I get coupons from them from my hospital and they usually always have some sort of deal going on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm hoping we get around to Christmas cards this year. Birth announcements may be pushing it too far -- I'm pretty horrible at follow-through on sending out cards.
  • shutaffshutaff member
    edited July 2014
    Shutterfly. I received a $20 "gift card" with a motherhood maternity order, and I've always been happy with their quality. I've already entered everyone's addresses into my shutterfly account (they can address the envelopes for pretty cheap which will save a lot of time!) and picked out which card we'll use. We'll just have to take a few cute pictures and add the details. 
    This. I already picked out our announcement and entered the details I knew (plus changed one of the colors) and saved it so I will have less to do later. I also used a promotion they sent me recently to go ahead and order free return address labels to match. I hadn't thought about using the addressing service, but that's a good idea.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • I'll be using an app called Free Prints. Shipping is so cheap, and they have a bunch of cute birth announcement designs.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • I made my own on PowerPoint and will print them as a picture. It may end up a disaster, but, we'll see. I based it off a template I liked online, I'm just not sure what the quality will be like. I will also post it on Facebook as a picture, too, and probably won't actually mail it to everyone.
  • BeachMBeachM member
    I can't find anything I like on Shutterfly and Tiny Prints which are my normal go-to sites, so I just checked out Minted.com.  Holy cuteness!!

• I have a coupon for tinyprint so I will use them.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Minted! Ah, thanks for that
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • I used iDraw (which is basically a mac-only watered down version of Adobe Illustrator) to make an announcement. I'll get them printed as pictures because it's SOOOOO much cheaper. As in life, our dog is a stand in for our child. 

This looks great!

• I'm going to design my own in Photoshop. We already found a sample one online that we like that I'll base ours off of. Probably just get them printed at CVS as a picture or something like that. We don't plan on sending out a huge amount so it should work fine.

• Just in case people didn't know - Costco members get 20% off orders from Tiny Prints

https://www.costco.com/Birth-Announcements.product.11645512.html

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"