November 2013 Moms

Ask @TJHine Anything!!!

2»

Re: Ask @TJHine Anything!!!

• TJHineTJHine member

What's your favorite book?

Newest fav is Love Does by Bob Goff. Fav of all time is The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • TJHineTJHine member

Are you a rule breaker?

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
    Absolutely not a rule breaker. I am way too much of a goody two shoes!

Craziest thing I've ever done is probably having sex in a dugout. I'm boring.
  • Loading the player...
  • TJHineTJHine member
    CaiShov said:

Do you have a favorite time or moment of each day?

I love watching the sunset.
  • TJHineTJHine member

Who is your best friend and how did you meet?

Her name is Nora. We met in elementary school. She was my matron of honor and is basically my sister.

What's the weirdest thing that's ever happened to you?

Weirdest thing honestly, was having to pick up my husband's ashes. It was truly a bizarre feeling.
  • TJHineTJHine member

Who would you want to play you if your life were a movie and why?

Rachel McAdams, just because I think she's a great actress!

• TJHineTJHine member
    mskatiep said:

What are three objects/things that you can't survive with out?

What is the best invention of the last 20 years?

Anything you wish had never been invented?

Best invention: the ergo :)

Sometimes I wish iPhones weren't invented, such a time sucker!

• TJHineTJHine member

I think I remember you saying you lived in Boulder? Does this mean you're a crunchy hippie? Yes, I know I'm stereotyping here but if you are, you're the hottest damn hippie I've ever seen!

Haha thank you! I'm crunchy hippie in some ways, and wish I was more honestly, but really we just loved Boulder for the access to the mountains, good food, and beer!
  • TJHineTJHine member
    JoeLies said:

Can you tell us more about how you and Tim first met and how soon you knew he was the one for you?

We met at youth group when I was a freshman and he was in 8th grade. We made out at his sister's 16th bday party, and started "going out" the next day. I knew pretty quickly I wanted to be with him forever, and knew we would be probably within a month.

What's the funniest thing little T does?

T growls ALL THE TIME! It's hilarious!

How are things with your ILs going?  Have they gotten better about respecting boundaries?

Things are much better with SIL after our talk. Not wonderful with my MIL and FIL because we haven't talked yet. And now I'm screwed because FIL is manic again which makes life incredibly difficult and he doesn't listen or care at all when he's like this.

And when are we going to hang out?!?! :)

Soon I hope! It's silly that we live so close and have not met yet. I'm actually going to be in Monroe next week!
  • TJHineTJHine member

If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be and why?

What's your favorite movie?

I'd choose a wolf, I think they are gorgeous and Tim loved them!

Fav movie is A League of Their Own
  • TJHineTJHine member
    JoeLies said:

@TJHine - I'm not sure if I knew about your FIL's specific issues.  My sister was diagnosed bipolar (among other things) years ago so I'm all too familiar with the total inability to think/react rationally at times.  I'm sorry, it really stinks!

He's had it for years, but understandably it's a lot worse now. Doesn't make it easier though. I'm sorry your sister and family have to deal with it as well!
  • TJHineTJHine member
    NYChs said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked today but if you could pick any career besides a SAHM or teacher, what would you choose to do? Think dream job.

Dream job would be to be able to bake and sell what I make :)

Also, what countries have you traveled to? What's your favorite trip?

I've been to Canada, Mexico, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Amsterdam, Bahamas.

My fav trip was the Portugal/Spain trip - three weeks with my fam, and two other families the summer before high school. We had a blast!
  • TJHineTJHine member
    shanbp said:

My questions seem so dumb now that I'm in tears, but I'll ask anyway

TJHine said:

Food: My grandmother's ravioli and sauce.

Meat or cheese ravioli?

Cheese. The filling actually has a little sugar and cinnamon in it, and you still serve it with tomato sauce. It's different but so darn good!
  • TJHineTJHine member
    shanbp said:

What is your favorite book?

Favorite mountain to ski in CO?

What part of T do you squeeze the most?

Book - The Giver by Lois Lowry

Fav mountain - Breckenridge or Abasin

T's squeezable part is probably his little thighs...so cute :)
  • TJHineTJHine member
    JoeLies said:

@TJHine‌ - I do both, too.

I wish you could answer the question I have every time you post a photo of yourself - you look so incredibly familiar but I can't figure out who you remind me of. Drives me nuts!!

Haha I'm sorry! I don't know who I look like!
  • TJHineTJHine member
    shanbp said:

TJHine said:

shanbp said:

What is your favorite book?

Favorite mountain to ski in CO?

What part of T do you squeeze the most?

Book - The Giver by Lois Lowry

Fav mountain - Breckenridge or Abasin

T's squeezable part is probably his little thighs...so cute :)

Best Bloody Mary I ever had was at Breckenridge!
    Mine was at Abasin! They use bacon vodka!
  • TJHineTJHine member
    Finnaroo said:

So much what @CFox815‌ said. I have often thought of you and admired your attitude and ability. Parenting is not easy under the best circumstances and the fact that you do it with so much grace and strength speaks volumes.

And you're going to need to elaborate on this bacon vodka.

The bloody Mary's at Abasin are made with *I think* their own bacon infused vodka, and a spiral of crispy bacon as a garnish. Nothing is better after hitting the slopes all morning than having one of those on the deck, relaxing...except maybe a good beer :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"