January 2013 Moms

HUGE appetite increase

Wow, J is going to eat us out of house and home. He is constantly eating if we let him. The last three days his d/c has reported he will eat as soon as he gets to d/c in the morning even though I've already fed him, he'll eat a mid morning snack, lunch, take a nap, he wants a snack when he wakes up and another close to the time I pick him up and as soon as we get home he wants food again! Then dinner of course....I'm assuming this is a growth spurt. But it's getting ridiculous. J is by no means overweight or underweight so I guess we'll just keep giving him healthy foods until he is satisfied. And he does get full, I don't feel like he is stuffing himself, the frequency has just increased so much! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: HUGE appetite increase

• We go through stages. Sometimes she eats fabulously and sometimes she eats next to nothing.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are going through one of these phases right now too. And of course the only things he wants totally suck for him. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Loading the player...
  • RN2011RN2011 member
    Gotta say I'm a little jealous.  We can barely get DD to eat nevermind have various snacks in between!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD has always been a good eater but recently it seems like she's being signing "more" (which is her cue that she's hungry) all the time, and we even had to put a safety lock on the pantry because she's started opening the door to it all the time and pointing and squealing!

However, I'm trying to balance her food intake out. I know she's hungry but she tends to want to snack all day long and then doesn't eat well at her meals (other than breakfast) which is frustrating. She's never had an issue maintaining weight so I'm not concerned about that. I would just like to get her more in the habit of eating 3 hearty meals and less snacks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2013mommy said:
    DS will go through phases where he doesn't have a huge appetite but eating a ton is his normal. I cringe at the thought of him as a teenager! We will go broke!
    MH and I were just discussing this last night....we were saying how we need to increase our food budget to accommodate J's recent increased appetite and that this is likely to increases pretty consistently over his lifetime....boys!

So far the "extra" snacks haven't affected his meals, he still eats breakfast, lunch and dinner really well. I thought I would try distraction last night, but he just kept going to the kitchen to try and get into the pantry.

And just to think a few weeks ago I was frustrated with how little he was eating....

Anniversary

• NBR: Also, I have to say my siggy picture makes me smile every time I see it...LOL. He's so hot! Eye candy is nice...

Anniversary

• DD goes through ridiculous phases. Sometimes she'll eat almost anything/everything in front of her but then when she's teething she won't hardly eat anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"