August 2014 Moms

Hypnobabies/Hypnobirthing check-in

Welcome to this week’s Hypnobabies and Hypnobirthing check-in! Quite a few ladies expressed an interest in doing a weekly check-in on Thursdays. Thanks to @elbug for getting this weekly check-in started! Anyone can feel free to start this thread every Thursday.

1. Remind us: Which class are you taking & how are you taking the class - home study course vs in-person class?
2. What week of the course are you working on?
3. What challenges have you faced this week? Any concerns going forward?
4. What have you found most useful/helpful this week? Any tips for those of us who might be 1 or 2 weeks behind you?
5. Questions?

@adam-n-emily

Re: Hypnobabies/Hypnobirthing check-in

• I think just about everyone is on maintenance now, but as our LOs start to arrive I'd love to see how these methods worked for everyone!

1) Hypnobabies homestudy

2) maintenance

3) I've really slacked off this week on listening to the tracks and practicing the finger drop tech.

4) Nothing because I've been a slacker

5) No questions this week other than did it work for you in labor???

• Save the birthing day affirmations for early labor (I checked to make sure my CD worked, but only listened once) and then the birthing guide tracks (again I've checked to make sure the CD wasn't scratched or anything but that's it) . Other than that, I will listen to my favorite tracks during labor if I need/want to: deepening and hypnotic childbirth.

• Loading the player...
  • Yay! I'm glad that helped! Don't want anyone to forget those!

• 1. Hypnobabies home study
    2. What week of the course are you working on? Week 3 :\ I slacked off a little the past couple weeks, but now I've been trying to do the deepening track almost every day with the others to get a little caught up.
    3. What challenges have you faced this week? Any concerns going forward? I start doing the tracks and I get really relaxed, but before the end I tend to get extremely restless at some point. Like suddenly I'll have an itch in several places at once that I can't ignore because they feel like stabbing pains. This has been so frustrating. I turn my lightswitch back on, readjust, then turn it off again, but I feel like it really throws me off. I also hope that I can get through all the material before having this baby! I went two weeks early with DS, but I also had an irritable uterus last time. Maybe I'll actually make it to my due date this time, haha.
    4. What have you found most useful/helpful this week? Any tips for those of us who might be 1 or 2 weeks behind you? I've found that every time I do the finger drop technique I really do feel more deeply relaxed and in hypnosis than the time before. So practicing truly helps!
    5. Questions? Is anyone else having a hard time getting their birth partner into it? DH rarely listens to the birth partners track. Maybe once a week when I bug him about it. Is this really important?
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Hypnobabies home study, and I'm on maintenance. I've been listening to the tracks to fall asleep. I'm terrible at staying still after I've turned my light switch off ... I always seem to itch or need to move my legs as soon as I'm "off". Anyone else have that issue?

This is mostly unrelated, but I found out earlier this week I tested positive for GBS, which I'm pretty bummed about. I was negative with DS and not expecting a positive. I'm hoping to get rid of it naturally (with garlic, probiotics, vitamin C, apple cider vinegar, cranberry juice, and essential oils) and will talk to my OB at my 38 week appt Monday about re-testing me for it. If they won't re-test or I go into labor before that, I plan to decline antibiotics at the hospital, which I know will cause a fight with the nurses, so I am worried about that causing me to stress and not relax during labor.
  • @zoegirlTX they also recommend listening to the fear cleansing track (both you and hubs if he is willing) before going to the hospital.  it is all outlined in the quick guide as well!

1) homestudy

2) maintenance. 

3) its just hard to keep up doing this.  school finishes this week so i'm hoping i have more time/get more on top of it after that. 

4) nothing, since i'm also a slacker

5) i just hope i am doing it enough to make some difference.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • noycela said:
    Hypnobabies home study, and I'm on maintenance. I've been listening to the tracks to fall asleep. I'm terrible at staying still after I've turned my light switch off ... I always seem to itch or need to move my legs as soon as I'm "off". Anyone else have that issue? This is mostly unrelated, but I found out earlier this week I tested positive for GBS, which I'm pretty bummed about. I was negative with DS and not expecting a positive. I'm hoping to get rid of it naturally (with garlic, probiotics, vitamin C, apple cider vinegar, cranberry juice, and essential oils) and will talk to my OB at my 38 week appt Monday about re-testing me for it. If they won't re-test or I go into labor before that, I plan to decline antibiotics at the hospital, which I know will cause a fight with the nurses, so I am worried about that causing me to stress and not relax during labor.
    I'm sorry that you tested positive :( I'm so worried about this, my test is next Thursday. At the birth center I'm going to, they said they won't retest. They also said though that the antibiotics are our decision, and if we choose to decline they won't give us a hard time about it. I have been doing probiotics and garlic as well. I've heard the apple cider vinegar is a good remedy too. Hopefully they choose to respect your wishes! I think the self treatment you're doing should really help balance your system.
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • @ColeyJ88 my DH hasn't listened at all. I don't think he really needs it. I know he'll be calm and supportive so I haven't pushed it. I did explain the "peace" and "release" ques so he can help with that.

@noycela I have had this issue a few times and found it really annoying. I had to just get comfortable and take some deep breaths and start the track over if I had the time.

• 1. Remind us: Which class are you taking & how are you taking the class - home study course vs in-person class? Homestudy
    2. What week of the course are you working on? Maintenance
    3. What challenges have you faced this week? Any concerns going forward? Motivation to keep going! Although I found out at my last OB visit that an epi is even less of an option than I thought, this time around (it went wrong last time, so the chances of the same issue occurring are pretty high) so that is really motivating me to be as prepared as possible.
    4. What have you found most useful/helpful this week? Any tips for those of us who might be 1 or 2 weeks behind you? The Pregnancy Affirmations have really calmed my nerves as things get closer
    5. Questions? None
  • edited July 2014
    1. Home study
    2. 5-6 (almost on maintenance)
    3. Oh gosh, I'm just so tired I can't stay awake if I wanted to. 
    4. No tips, I feel like I'm not doing so hot with it because I can't stay awake, even if I do it early in the day.
    5. Is anyone else struggling with being able to be coherent during the tracks? 
  • 1. Hypnobabies Home Study
    2. Maintenance
    3. Like @ColeyJ88 and @noycela, I keep having to move my switch to center/on so that I can scratch an itch that's driving me crazy. I've been able to relax & ignore it maybe once or twice, but it's really tough. 
    4 & 5. No tips or questions here, either!

• workmm01 said:

@ColeyJ88 my DH hasn't listened at all. I don't think he really needs it. I know he'll be calm and supportive so I haven't pushed it. I did explain the "peace" and "release" ques so he can help with that.

My DH hasn't listened to the birth partners track either, and he's only read the script to me a few times. I'm with @workmm01 - I think that he'll be fine and he understands the "peace" and "release" cues well enough. 
  • @Elbug I really hope the ECV goes well!

@herecomesthesun I always go into the hypno amnesia state, but I kinda welcome that feeling now. I know I'm not asleep becuase when the track ends I always "wake up"

• workmm01 said:

@Elbug I really hope the ECV goes well!

@herecomesthesun I always go into the hypno amnesia state, but I kinda welcome that feeling now. I know I'm not asleep becuase when the track ends I always "wake up"

@workmm01 Hmmm yeah, now I'm not waking up anymore. I woke up the other day and ripped the ear buds out of my ears when I stretched! A couple of hours had lapsed. Nothing was playing, thankfully! 
  • @mdarmetko that's awesome! I'll be looking for your birth story and would love to hear your tips on using HB during the birth!
  • @mdarmetko congrats! Can't wait to see the whole story!
  • @mdarmetko Congratulations, and well done! That makes me feel even better about Hypnobabies. I'm excited for your birth story.
  • 1. Remind us: Which class are you taking & how are you taking the class - home study course vs in-person class?
    Hypnobabies home study

2. What week of the course are you working on?
    4... I had a rough time doing it for a couple weeks, but I'm back on track!

3. What challenges have you faced this week? Any concerns going forward?
    I do mine in the evenings, and I feel like I just can't get comfortable enough to really relax some days.  Which makes me a bit nervous for labor.  When I really get into it I feel like it goes well, but when I just can't, I just can't!  I'm also getting a little nervous that I won't get enough practice in before labor.

4. What have you found most useful/helpful this week? Any tips for those of us who might be 1 or 2 weeks behind you?
    I got nothing!

5. Questions?
    Don't think so.  I somehow missed that there was a birth partner track, so we'll be working on that!
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"