Let's hear 'em!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Today's Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SHAWNACPASHAWNACPA member
    edited July 2014

DH is a volunteer firefighter, so he is on call 24/7/365. Last night the were called out to a house fire right as we were going to bed. The pager is loud and DD woke up. She was up most of the rest of the night (off and on).

Since I knew any real sleep was a pipe dream at this point I decide to do some work. When I left this morning, DH was still not home and when I get to work I realized that I used the wrong year of financial information when I was working.... All nighter for nothing!

• Options
    Lee81Lee81 member
    @ElleStaxx‌ Is it possible they were right outside to door, maybe flagging down help so they could use the bathroom or something? Or were you watching for awhile and you know it wasn't a really quick out and right back in?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ellestaxx, how long were they out of the room?  I'm assuming this is a live feed.  I would have been on the phone right away.  This is not okay in a daycare setting.

• Options
    @ellestaxx whoa that's kinda freaky. Did u see video before or after?
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    @emilyusc211 - Good luck!! That's awesome!
  • Options
    Lee81Lee81 member
    ElleStaxx said:

Lee81 said:

@ElleStaxx‌ Is it possible they were right outside to door, maybe flagging down help so they could use the bathroom or something? Or were you watching for awhile and you know it wasn't a really quick out and right back in?

The door should have been opened. And the bathroom is through the door on the right side of the wall.
    Well, poo. That was the only reasonable-ish explanation I could think of. I can't imagine what they will possible be able to say about this. Sorry :(. I'd be livid.
  • Options
    hlb622 said:

@ElleStaxx I thought of you this morning when I dropped off LO at daycare. The teacher said that he bit another kid on Tuesday, but she wasn't going to "write him up because he's only 9 months old." DH was furious that the write-up was even put on the table when it comes to a 9 month old. The teacher said he just crawled over and chomped down on the kiddo, crying happened, and everyone moved on. I feel bad, and part of me knows that that's going to happen with a teething baby, but part of me is pissed that they didn't have an eye on him to prevent it from happening.

All of that said, woah, girl. I'm glad you're meeting with your daycare today. And from a biter-mom, I hope your LO is okay and doesn't hold it against Emerson if they ever happen to meet IRL. 
    Are you SERIOUS???!! I can't take this seriously!!! A write up?!?! It's like a thing kids do.....did they know that?? OMG
  • Options

carawasa said:

How do I wipe bitch off my face!!?

Wipe the menses on over it.  They'll get the picture.

Yea but I heard you can break out from doing that ;)
  • Options
    @ElleStaxx - could someone have been putting a baby down in the crib that is right in the foreground of the photo? I don't think you'd be able to see much of that. What is that coloration on the lower left corner? It almost looks like a blurry baby? Also - that is a LOT of cribs in that room. How many infants do they generally have in one room?

image4months_2radioflyer

• Options
    ballygirl said:
    @ElleStaxx - could someone have been putting a baby down in the crib that is right in the foreground of the photo? I don't think you'd be able to see much of that. What is that coloration on the lower left corner? It almost looks like a blurry baby? Also - that is a LOT of cribs in that room. How many infants do they generally have in one room?
    I was also wondering if that is another baby in the lower left corner.

• Options

@Emilyusc211‌ , good for you!!! Good luck!

My random is that I am sitting here watching Bubble Guppies and I realize I am unnecessarily critical of children's shows. Like, how is Gill using a hair dryer in the ocean? And how did he pour a glass of water? It bugs DH when I point it out to him and DS.

I HATE BUBBLEGUPPIES! IT MAKES NO SENSE!
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    We are switching pediatricians.  I want to make an appointment to meet this other doctor but I'm unsure what to ask about.  It feels different now that I'm going for a non-newborn.

• Options
    ElleStaxx said:

@PinkDahLia44‌ your bubble guppies post made me LOL. I needed that. Thank you :x

Glad I could help :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Katie619 said:
    I am truly shocked.  Babies bite.  It is the caretaker's job to teach them.  Is this not a learning experience? Am I wrong?!  #FTM
    I do understand writing up an incident report, especially if skin was broken. But this is just to document that it occurred and was treated properly in case anything more comes from it (example: infection). This is from my experience as a school nurse though. There would not be any type of disciplinary action associated with it when dealing with babies, so I think a "write up" in that regard is ridiculous.
    Makes sense and is needed for liability, to be sure.  I perhaps mistakenly took hlb622's anecdote as something to do with punishment.

• Options
    ElleStaxx said:
    @WhenInRome11‌ they said he was bit my a child in the same age group, however the child is a walker so in a level 3 classroom. My DS is in level 2. Apparently they were in the large recreational room where all the kids play together for an hour each day. DS crawled over to this other child, "stole his toy", and the other kid bit him in return. This is the bite: no broken skin image
    That's quite a bite!  Don't little bites usually fade?

• Options
    good luck @23Melissa28‌ !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"