December 2014 Moms
Options

FTM - Pain/Ache Under Ribs

I'm hoping that you gals can help me.  The last two nights I've woken from a dead sleep to pain underneath my ribs.  I get up out of bed, walk, stretch, move around and nothing seems to help.  The pain feels like it might be trapped air or gas, but I'm not sure.  Either way, it's miserable.  I'm a side sleeper and use a body pillow to support.  I toss and turn hoping that the pain/ache goes away and it doesn't.  Any suggestions on how to feel better or make the pain go away?
Married on October 20, 2012.  Began trying in January 2013.
RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis
IUI#1- March 22 (100mg clomid, 75 mg of Bravelle, Ovidrel trigger) = BFP!!!

Re: FTM - Pain/Ache Under Ribs

• Options
    I have the same pain/feeling.... No suggestions, unfortunately... I got the same pain when i was gaining weight just from overeating, so I think it's just the body trying to get things situated...
    *Said goodbye to our angel baby July 30. 2014. only had him for 21 weeks in my belly, missing him every day*
  • Options
    I get it periodically as well. No rhyme or reason to it. Just part of the fun of being pregnant. My doctor did say that it could be heartburn, which I never really experienced before being pregnant, and can be extremely painful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    The aches suck.  The reason why I think that it's trapped air or gas is because I can feel a bubbling (like you would in your bowels/intestines) up underneath my ribs. 
    RE appointment & testing December 2013 - February 2014= Unexplained IF, possible endometriosis

• Options
    I just got this yesterday! It was gas for sure. I keep ginger ale in the fridge, small sips makes you burp and help release the pressure. Otherwise it needs to go the other way, moving around will get it going. Also I've read tums should help but I haven't tried or looked into it more so check with your doctor about that one :)
  • Options
    I had this for the first time last night! I was miserable! I literally had trouble breathing and nothing took it away. The MOST MISERABLE FEELING EVER! I wish there was solution for all of us !
  • Options
    I just had this a couple nights ago and lasted the whole next day... But just under my right rib... Then poof gone.
  • Options
    Eora3Eora3 member
    Sounds like gas pain. Ask your doc about GasX (you should be fine to take it).
  • Options
    I believe that I figured out what the cause is .... Metamucil.  Go figure.  I didn't take it yesterday and slept like a rock last night - only got up once to pee which is a damn miracle.  No pain, aches, discomfort last night or today. 

• Options
    For those that are experiencing it under your right rib, that can be a sign of gallbladder problems.  I had my first gallbladder attacks while pregnant with DS.  Then, 2 years later needed to have it removed.  If it gets bad, or comes with intense back or shoulder pain, please see your doctor.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 = 9/29/10; Charlie born 6/2/11
    BFP #2 = 10/22/12; missed m/c @ 7 weeks 5 days
    BFP #3 = 4/15/14; EDD 12/28/14

**Formerly known as MyEggo=Preggo**
  • Options
    I have to 2nd the gall bladder suggestion. When my DD was 8 months old, I had pain in that same spot. Next thing I know, I'm having my gall bladder removed. It could be gall stones which can be side effect of pregnancy. Hoping it's just gas though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"