December 2014 Moms

Who's having a third baby?

Hi mommies,

I was just wondering who is having their third baby this December and what you have already and what are you going to have this time?

I have a boy and girl and will find out in two weeks what this one will be.

For the moms that have one of each...are people looking at you or making comments like why are you having third baby if you have one of each?

Re: Who's having a third baby?

• Not my 3rd, but when they ask (most of the time it is not stated as nicely) I just say we would like a large family. We can afford it, so why not?

And the odd numbers are bad because someone is always left out is BS. With 4 you will still get 3 playing together and one left out.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • This is my 5th pregnancy, 4th child. I get lots of comments, but not too many bad ones. When people ask me if we are "done" or how many children we want I just say "All of them" :)

I will say- this is the 4th summer in a row I've been pregnant, and I wouldn't be sad if the next one is due in the SPRING! Summer heat kills me, lol

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• Loading the player...
  • This is my third... we have a girl and a boy already so we've gotten a few comments about was this one an "accident"  Like we can't want to have three kids?  We also figure since we've got one of each and previously found out the sex before hand that this time we would wait until the delivery room to be surprised.  It's our last baby and last chance to find out the "old fashioned way".

Oh and even with the few negative nelly's most people have been very happy and thrilled for us and we've gotten way more positive responses than negative.  I guess the negative ones sting and hurt more because they've come from our closest family members.
    December 2014 November Siggy Challenge: How I Feel in Third Tri

Mom to DD(4), DS(2) and # 3 Due 12/14/14

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I'm pregnant with my third. I have 2 boys, ages 7 and 5. We are expecting a girl.
  • This is my third.  Honestly, my second was MUCH worse because DS was only 4 months old when I got pregnant again.  I got lots of "oh wows" and "are you serious" when we told people I was pregnant again. 

Since we have one of each, a few people have asked why we'd want to have another one.  I always wanted 4 and Josh always wanted 2 so we compromised at 3.  From day 1.  We got engaged and the next day I threw my birth control away and we discussed how many kids we would theoretically like to have.  I realize now we are *slightly* insane that we'll have this baby on December 4th, DS's 3rd birthday is December 16 and DD's 2nd birthday is January 25th.  Lord help me.
  • I have a boy (4yrs old) and a girl (1yrs old) and this one I should find out on Monday what we are having.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• We have two girls, 7 and 6, and we're expecting a boy. I had bad PPD after DD2, so we weren't sure we'd have another. So far, the only negativish (but totally joking) comments were from my best friend lamenting the fact that I took away her drinking buddy and I derailed our Thanksgiving plans (we were going to go skiing in Colorado this year. Nope!) But those joking comments aside, everyone has been super happy about it and no weird comments.

I'm also the 5th person at the local watering hole where we play pool league to get pregnant and have a boy this year, so all the other women are now scared to drink the water. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• People speak before they think.  I really try not to worry about it.  It's compounded by the fact that I see patients all day... so that's 20+ people to make comments on a daily basis.  Right now it's a lot of all "Oh you're pregnant again!  You were pregnant last time I saw you, too!"  Even innocuous comments get annoying when you hear them that many times.  I have 2 boys already and we're team green again... so there are the "trying for a girl?" comments, too.  I can't change it, so... :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pregnant with my 3rd. I have a girl & a boy & this one is a girl :) We have not gotten any negative comments at all. Everyone is super excited. A lot of people actually have been making comments of when we were going to have a number 3 for the last year or so. I got way more negativity with number 2 because number 1 was only 7 months when we got pregnant. This time we put a much larger space between them (my kids will be 5 & almost 4 when this baby girl arrives) and people were getting anxious for us to have another. We're just use to bigger families around here I guess.
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
  • We have two boys already and found out yesterday this will be our third boy! So excited.

I have gotten a lot of comments like, "oh were you trying for a girl?", "you do know what causes it right?", and "don't you have a TV or something?".
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I've seen people post on Facebook about how some individuals lose their ability to have a filter when it comes to talking to a pregnant woman and it's SO true.  There are so many people that I want so badly to ask them the circumstances of their pregnancy but I would never in 8 million lifetimes actually let the words come out.  Even my friend who just poof, got pregnant, after 4 failed IVF attempts.  I never asked her, she volunteered the information.  When did it become common to be so inconsiderate about saying things to people?  It wasn't THAT long ago that families had 5+ kids!!!! 
  • I find it so rude and sad that apparently one and two are the socially acceptable number of kids now. Since when was 3 kids a huge family?? I come from a family of 6 kids and I was old enough when my mom was pregnant for the last couple to understand/hear some of the insensitive things people said to her. People need to mind their own business.
  • Third baby (not third pregnancy). We have an 8yo DD and a 13 month old DS, this one is a boy as well. We haven't really had any comments other than wow that was quick. We aren't done yet either, we are taking a break after this one but in a few years will hopefully have at least 1 more (2-3 more if I get my way :) )

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • This is my 3rd, I will find out the sex 8/12 . My son will be 11 in January & my daughter will be 8 next month.  So far I haven't heard any negative comments. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is my 3rd as well. I have a 9 year old daughter and a 6 year old son as well as expecting another little boy!

Honestly, I have yet to encounter one negative comment. I'm surprised because being that my kids are older(and I'm 36) I was for sure I would. Everyone has been very excited and respectful so that makes me happy! I have heard the comment, "You should go for a 4th" but that is definitely NOT going to happen!!
  • I will be having my third baby, a boy (this is my fifth pregnancy) I've gotten "you do know how it happens right?" , "you'll have to try again for some pink" , "I hope your not disappointed with another boy".
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• Eora3Eora3 member
    This baby will make 3 under 3 for me. All boys and I couldn't be happier!

It is really nice to have most of the "stuff" already but I am missing the excitement of picking out new things. I am buying a bunch more muslin swaddle blankets. I use those for everything and my current youngest loves them so much there is no way he would share his!

My mother is a total nut job and is obviously uncomfortable with the fact that I am having another baby. She has made some really awkward comments to other people about making me and my DH both get "fixed". It just makes her look crazier than usual and I don't let it bother me.
  • MakieaMakiea member
    I will be having our third baby we have two girls (7 & 3). This is our boy. We are so excited and got exactly what we wanted.
  • I have 2 boys already and find out next week if this one is a boy or girl. To be honest, if I had to pick...I'd pick another boy. Everyone assumes we WANT a girl. It is actually a little annoying.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• byrne15 said:

I have 2 boys already and find out next week if this one is a boy or girl. To be honest, if I had to pick...I'd pick another boy. Everyone assumes we WANT a girl. It is actually a little annoying.

This is exactly how I felt, everyone I talked to would say "Praying for pink", it really aggravated me.
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• @Eora3 I can totally relate to missing the experience of buying new things. Saves in the long run by not having to do so but there is a certain excitiment to it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• This is my 3rd. I have a a boy and a girl, and this one is a girl. I haven't gotten any negative comments, but I think that is because this is my 7th pregnancy.  I had 3 miscarriages in the last year alone. So, most people knew how very wanted this baby is.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • This is my third. I have 2 boys that are 14 months apart who are 2 and 3 which makes it difficult but I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • This is my third baby after a long long break of over 11 years! I got married young, and had a girl 14 & a boy 11, right away. I was married for 9 years and then divorced for about 6. Now I'm remarried and have a happily blended family.

Hubs has a 23 years old daughter, so we were really on the fence of doing it all over again. Before we could really put our foot down on a desicion or even come off our honeymoon it happened! We are really thrilled and family is excited with our love baby. :x
  • We have 2 girls, and this one is a boy. We want 4 kids. I think everyone else is more excited/relieved that this one is a boy than we are. We would have loved having 3 girls! Of course we are happy with a boy too, I just don't understand why it's such a big deal to some people! We got pregnant again to have another BABY, not because we "had" to try for a boy! :-P
    BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
    BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
    6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
    8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
    BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
    Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
    BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
    Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
    BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm lucky I guess, no rude comments so far. I always talked about having a large family so maybe everyone just expected me to get pregnant with a third. I'm hoping for 2 more after this. I have 2 boys and a girl on the way.
  • Bnnt5Bnnt5 member
    I have two little girls and finally a boy on the way!!! Good luck in finding out what yours is! :)
  • We've actually been asked/told to go for one more after this one from multiple people.  Im like, hello, i'm pregnant here and you are talking about me having a number 4 already?!!!  We (I) wanted another girl really bad but kept that mostly to myself (and DH).  I'm glad we didnt have to hear the sex comments because we do have one of each already.
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
  • Thanks mommies for the different experiances.

Everyone around us have two kids. Even if it's two boys or two girls which seems to be the norm or the fashion now days. No one wants more than two kids so when I got pregnant people were really surprised especially since we have one of each. Husband and I always wanted to have three kids. We tho we would wait little until we got pregnant and now it feels like the perfect time and we will be done while were young. I always wanted to be done having kids around 30 and this surprise baby will make just on time two months before I turn 31. So excited for that.

How excited are you guys about third or fourth pregnancy. I deff am very excited and happy but with the busy work home and with two kids I feel like I have no time to really enjoy or experiance the excitement. Now that the baby is starting to move it's feeling more and more real.

Share your feels please.
  • Honestly?  Im nervous as hell.  3 kids sounds like so much.  I dont have baby fever yet because i'm really not big on the baby stage.  I'd love it if my kids just came out as 2 yr olds ;)  But i'm sure i'll get there by December.  I'm feeling baby girl regualrly now and that is making me very happy.  I actually love being pregnant and missed it :)
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
  • Eora3Eora3 member
    Excited and terrified! We were not planning to have three kids but wanted to keep our options open if we changed our minds down the road. Apparently Mother Nature had her own plans!

I am very excited and have always wanted a house full of kids but having three kids in three years is a bit overwhelming. I am a SAHM and I love it, but it has come with a lot of personal sacrifices that I wasn't expecting. Because my DH travels for work, I am alone with the kids a lot and feel pretty isolated. It takes a lot of planning and preparation to do anything so I end up feeling stuck in the house. My whole existence is pretty kid focused these days. I know these baby years are going to fly by and I will miss so many things when it is over, but finding a balance is a bit of a challenge.
  • I'll be honest, I am nervous about the earlier stages and figuring out logistics of taking care of and going out with 3 by myself. H works OOT a lot and has been gone up to 2.5 months at a time so yeah. Other than that part, I am pretty excited. I grew up with a huge family and there was never a dull moment so I am so excited to see what 3 crazy boys will bring.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @Jezebel3745‌ we got rid of almost all our stuff when my second turned 1 because we we really thought we were done. Yeah.. not so much lol.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • bowlwomanbowlwoman member
    edited July 2014
    I had really bad PPD after DD2, so I'm worried about depression striking again after I have this little guy. DH and I had been 80% sure we were done after the two girls, but for both of us there was this little naggling feeling that we wanted to try for one more (and while another girl would have been fabulous, we honestly were hoping for a boy). My depression is a big factor in why we have a big age gap between the kids, because we wanted to get me as evened out as possible before jumping in again. I went off my meds in August last year and had been doing pretty well for a good 6-7 months (even with a bunch of crap at work that should have sent me spiraling), so we felt pretty confident we could weather the depression storm again. 

I'm much more experienced going into this pregnancy than I was with the girls, I know more about my own mental health, and I'm surrounded by a MUCH better circle of friends this time (the crappy-ass friends were a big part of the depression last time). I feel much more confident and not so flying by the seat of my pants. We have a lot more stressors this pregnancy (I'm working, whereas I was in grad school and a SAHM with the other two girls, respectively), and DH has been out of a job since December. But, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?
    BabyFruit Ticker       
    DD1 - 8 years
    DD2 - 6 years
    BFP3 - 3/31/14, Harmony Test 6/5/14 - It's a BOY!

• I'm lucky that my daughter was also born in December so all of her clothes that I saved will match up exactly season for season with new baby girl. But besides that the only thing I kept was the crib. We didn't think we wanted a 3rd then started debating it for the last year & a half. Seriously 18 months of do we or don't we? We could come up with one good reason to have a 3rd and 20 reasons not to. Yet here we are ;)
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
  • We have a boy (5) and a girl (4) and we haven't gotten too many negative comments, and honestly I have gotten to the point of not really caring what everyone else thinks. I have realized that we can't please everyone else and as long as our family is happy that's all that matters, we are expecting a baby boy this time around and we couldn't be happier :)
  • Me! My daughter is 4, our son is 17 months and we just found out it's a boy. We are happy we will have two boys close in age. I only announced recently but I only got a few "your crazy, but congrats" responses. So far people have been decently normal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SereJane said:

I find it so rude and sad that apparently one and two are the socially acceptable number of kids now. Since when was 3 kids a huge family?? I come from a family of 6 kids and I was old enough when my mom was pregnant for the last couple to understand/hear some of the insensitive things people said to her. People need to mind their own business.

I know! Before I announced my pregnancy people would ask if I have any kids, then how many of each. When I told them a boy and a girl almost everyone said "perfect now your done!". Um no.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm super excited for the 3rd but also a little nervous about how it will change our lives. My kids are 9 and 6 so life has become pretty easy for us. My husband and I have time for one another and shocker, I also have a little time for myself! Adding a baby changes the while dynamics. However, I love the baby stage and with my kids as "helpers" I think the transition will be fairly smooth. At least I sure hope so!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"