September 2014 Moms
Options

Floors redone

Hi everyone! I'm 33 weeks pregnant and moved into a new home 3 weeks ago. We had the floors redone but thinking of fumes and I was wondering if anyone was exposed to this at all during their previous pregnancies. I was at the house with windows open after 24 hours (which was approved by my dr) and didn't move in until 5 days after. For some reason I can't get it out of my head. Please tell me if you have any experience or info because I am stressing!! Thank you!

Re: Floors redone

• Options
    I repainted several rooms when I was pregnant with DS. He is a perfectly normal kid. I'm sure you are just fine.
  • Options
    I don't see any reason why anything would be wrong. I painted and we (I did one whole room myself) pulled out all our old carpet and redid the floors when I was pregnant last time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your doctor said it was okay for you to be at your house 24 hours after so I think you are fine!

We've had a lot of work done at my house this summer and the doctor
    said to make sure it's well ventilated.
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

• Options
    We just recently had carpet ripped up and put down as well as 4 rooms painted. I'm sure everything will be fine :)
  • Options
    stop stressing, your doctor has already given you the green light!

• Options
    My doctor has basically said to me that if it seems like the windows should be open, open them, and if the smell makes me at all light headed or gives me any sort of cues, to make sure I am making frequent trips to get fresh air, and all will be fine. Try to relax and make yourself a mock-tail or something.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your info! Btw I actual made a typo- my dr said 48 hours. Just wanted to let everyone know! All these posts made me feel better!
  • Options
    We just had new hardwood floors installed about a month ago. It took about a week and a half for the strong oil-based polyurethane smell to subside, but I did spend a decent amount of time in the house during this time. For about a week, though, we stayed either with family or at a hotel. Keep windows open, fans on, and the HVAC fan set to on.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and to all of the folks comparing this to repainting a room: fumes from oil-based polyurethane is NOTHING like that of paint. The poly fumes are sooooo strong and take a long time to dissipate. I've been painting rooms during this pregnancy without hesitation, but the poly fumes about knocked me out.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"