March 2014 Moms

No more baby in our room!

I'm excited that the baby is finally using his nursery and sleeping in his crib but it is hard! I cried as I was laying him down and want to get up to check on him every minute! I know it's for the best though, just wanted to share :) FYI baby is four and a half months

Re: No more baby in our room!

• Harper has been in her crib almost 3 weeks. I;m glad shes finally using it but I bawled like a baby !

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm half-heartedly trying. We bedshare and he's back to waking every 2 hours to nurse so I think it's time for him to sleep in his room. I hope to be at the point you are soon!! Did he protest or was it a smooth transition (at least on his part :) )?
  • Loading the player...
  • oh geez we all get better sleep with her in the crib. She has been there for a month I think? It was harder for DH. I slept like a baby!
  • LO has been sleeping in her crib at night for about a week. The transition for her has been good, but I miss her in the bassinet next to the bed. To make up for that, we let her sleep in our bed once she wakes up to eat at around 4 or 430. She will then go back to sleep until 730 or 8. If I put her back in her crib she will only sleep for another 30 minutes or an hour. She just loves sleeping next to mommy and daddy and that makes us happy! (And we get more sleep haha)
  • We just moved kinley two nights ago. She was in a pack n play in our room so it was a pretty smooth transition.

Once she wakes up to nurse, I bring her to bed with us (between 4 and 6). Been doing this for a couple months. I love my morning baby cuddles!
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• We're going to try the transition this weekend - tried with naps last weekend and it was a disaster :-/

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We also bed share and I haven't been able to let him try sleeping in his crib at night- I would miss him too much. We are in the same place as @chocoroom right now. However, he does take wonderful naps in his sleep suit during the weekends. So it may be an easier transition than what I am anticipating, for him at least :) I just feel like that snuggle time at night is very sacred as he is only awake for about an hour before he goes to bed after we get home from DC/work andplusalso I don't have to completely wake up and go feed him in another room. We will see if I ever get the nerve to move him!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • MeggsMMeggsM member
    We are moving Fi tonight:( I'm going to miss her in her bassinet beside me. But I think it's best for all of us and we'll get some much needed sleep.

She's taking all of her naps in her crib and she seems to sleep well so I'm hoping tonight will go well too!
  • Arabella has been in her crib since about 10 weeks. She sleeps so well in there, but I am really starting to want her in my room again haha. I think it's mostly because I only get about 2 hours of awake time with her a day, so I feel like if she was sleeping with me or at least in my room I would get more time with her close by. 
  • Fy1124Fy1124 member
    First night down! It was a pretty easy transition on his part, I cried like a baby as well! My husband laughed at me
  • Haven't even attempted this yet. Robert sleeps through the night but he stirs a lot now (must be part of the whole 4 month sleep regression) so I'm putting his paci in his mouth 3-5 times a night. Last night it was at 2:00 then in 5-10 minute increments for a while.

If I had to keep getting out of bed for that I'd be miserable.

So clearly he's in the PNP for selfish reasons haha
  • Fy1124Fy1124 member
    @LaurenAsh23‌ omg I love your little girls name, I was going to name mine that if it was girl! I'm a SAHM so I have all day with him which made it easier I think, if I worked idk if I would have done it yet.
  • LO is still in the pack-in-play in our room. He still wakes up every 2.5 hours to nurse and his room is on the other side of the house. Until he starts sleeping through the night or at least sleeping for longer periods of time, my zombie self will be walking into walls if I start leaving him in his room. For now, right by my bed is where he'll be!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't even attempted. Skylee goes to bed in her bassinet around 9:30-10.  She sleeps there till 1 and then wakes up to eat and she usually just ends up staying in bed with us because she's up after that every hour and a half to two hours.  :-S  At this point I'm just thankful that she doesn't get wide awake when she wakes up to eat, and I'm worried if I transition her to the crib it will take me longer to hear her and she will be more awake and it will be a fight to get her back to sleep.  I would love her to start sleeping more!  She's four and 1/2 months today.  
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"