December 2014 Moms
Options

Level 2 Ultrasound follow up... Could not see feet?

Hello. I'm 19 weeks today. I had a level 2 US at 18 weeks and everything looked great except they couldn't get a clear view of the baby's feet. Did anyone have any problems viewing body parts in their US? I just got our Amnio results back on Monday and baby boy is healthy. But can't help but worry about US. Thank you I'm a FTM.

Re: Level 2 Ultrasound follow up... Could not see feet?

• Options
    Are they planning to do a follow up to try and see the feet? I'm not a doctor or ultrasound tech so I can only speculate, but maybe baby was just in a weird position that kept his feet hidden?

I know our tech was worried about seeing the spine since baby girl was laying funny.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    We had our u/s today and the baby was moving around so much and was in the wrong position that it took forever and me getting up twice to get all the pictures needed.

I definitely wouldn't worry.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do have a follow up US on 8/18, when I'm 22 weeks. Hoping and praying for the best. It helps to get any insight I can get from fellow Mommy's.
  • Options

Hello. I'm 19 weeks today. I had a level 2 US at 18 weeks and everything looked great except they couldn't get a clear view of the baby's feet. Did anyone have any problems viewing body parts in their US? I just got our Amnio results back on Monday and baby boy is healthy. But can't help but worry about US. Thank you I'm a FTM.

I do have a follow up US on 8/18, when I'm 22 weeks. Hoping and praying for the best. It helps to get any insight I can get from fellow Mommy's.

I wouldn't worry too much hassle between this and your next scheduled appointment. I gave seen several women here say their LO was not cooperating. My LO didn't want an ultrasound to the extent he flicked off the tech and kept hiding his face so we couldn't get a photo.

Test
  • Options
    I bet this is about positioning. I imagine if they think something is really wrong they would refer you to a MFM. Sending prayers everything is ok.
  • Options
    I had a similar experience. Baby was stubborn and wouldn't show off his hands or give us good pics of his heart the way he was laying. I'm not too worried and we just scheduled an appointment in 2 weeks. I think he was just being stubborn and we will just have to try again! Good luck!
    Me: 28 Husband:: 29
    TTC  since April, 2012; Diagnosed with Hashimotos, Annovulatory.
    October, 2013- Metformin + 50mg Clomid + iui - BFN
    November, 2013- Metformin + 50mg Clomid + iui + Prometrium 2x a day- Chemical Pregnancy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    ahbEsqahbEsq member
    With my DS they had problems getting a clear picture of one of his hands open wide. I came back a few weeks later and they finally got the picture they needed.

BFP #1 natural mc 4/24/2012 5w1d 
    BFP #2 DS born 3/30/2013 
    BFP #3 cp 2/6/2014 
    BFP #4 natural mc 3/19/2014 5w6d 
    BFP #5 4/27/2014 EDD 12/24/2014 --IT'S A GIRL!

image image 
  • Options
    I have to go back all my LO have us was spread eagle shots. At least we know the sex is right. This was after getting up walking/jumping and juice. Still all they got were 50 pics of spread legs. Think LO was rubbing it in she was a girl lol. I wouldn't be worried.
  • Options
    At our 20 week us our baby boy wouldn't stop moving so we only saw flashes of his face and arms so at our next apt they're going to do another one just to make sure all is well!
  • Options
    I had my a/s last week, and just had to go back today because there were a couple things they couldn't see. She had her legs crossed both times and they had a hard time seeing her arms the first time. I'm sure it's probably just the position.
  • Options
    I had an a/s at 17w3d. They couldn't see a stomach. I went back 1 week later and there it was. Try not to worry.
  • Options
    I am 20 weeks and also have to go back in 2 weeks. The tech couldn't get a four chamber view of the heart or a good view of his lips. We were told there was no indication of problems, just couldn't get a good shot. It is hard not to worry a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"