May 2014 Moms

Colic Calm drops

Does anyone have any experience with the Colic Calm drops? I am considering them because I'm at the end of my rope.

Re: Colic Calm drops

• I didn't notice a difference, but I didn't have her on them very long. The liquid is black and it would make her mouth and poop black. It was too much of a mess and I wanted immediate results.

I feel like I've tried everything also. Last night we started probiotics and cereal in her bottle at night and it was the first night she was not crying hysterically. She was actually smiling.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Thank you @MeaganStringer. How old is your LO? Also does your LO have reflux?
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO has reflux and I have seen a big improvement with the Gerber Soothe probiotic drops.  Less spitting up and less fussing in the evenings.  She still has some off days, but there has been a noticeable difference.
  • She turned 3 months yesterday. Her reflux isn't bad now that we are on Nutramigen formula. (My husband thought we should switch to one that said for colic, it was milk based, and she projectile vomited everywhere.) It's more the constant tummy aches and crying at night. We have tried just about everything except for meds. Last night we put cereal in her bottle before bed and she was a totally different baby.
    BabyName Ticker
  • ns1ns1 member
    If you mean the gerber soothe colic drops, I've used them.  It's been six days since I started them and days five and six I've had a new baby.  Days one to four though were some of the worst days we've had.  I don't know if it's just kicked in and that's what it is, or if it's luck.  But I'm not going to take a chance and stop them!  DS is eight weeks and one day fwiw.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone! I will definitely look into these suggestions. I feel badly for me, but worse for DD. Oh these babies!
  • Colic calm works the best! We used it until DS was 6 weeks and I'm proof it worked wonders for him!
  • Krisd6Krisd6 member
    Love the gerber soothe drops. I have definitely seen a difference in the baby. I would say try them!!
  • ns1 said:

If you mean the gerber soothe colic drops, I've used them.  It's been six days since I started them and days five and six I've had a new baby.  Days one to four though were some of the worst days we've had.  I don't know if it's just kicked in and that's what it is, or if it's luck.  But I'm not going to take a chance and stop them!  DS is eight weeks and one day fwiw.  

This is kind of how it went for us and I know that when I used probiotics my stomach always hurt way worse the first couple days and then it felt so much better so that is probably what happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"