July 2013 Moms
Options

cpw: how old is too old for a goodie bag

mellysmommymellysmommy member
edited July 2014 in July 2013 Moms
So M's party is this saturday, and I'm working on last minute goodie bags. Originally I wasn't going to do them because.. well.. it's a first birthday party. I didn't think they were necessary. I mentioned this to hubby and he said "a party is not a party without goodie bags!" So now, I'm making some :)

I made a list of every kid we invited and there's 13 boys and 13 girls, they all range in age from 1 to 15.

So my question is: they all get goodie bags, right? My H seems to think that age 10 is the cutt-off, but there are only a couple kids above that and I don't want anyone to feel left out. So wwJ13d?

cpw: how old is too old for a goodie bag 53 votes

make 'child specific' age appropriate bags
16% 9 votes
make 'generic' bags, the same for every kid.
45% 24 votes
only make GB's for children ages 2-8 (or another age bracket)
13% 7 votes
no goodie bags!
20% 11 votes
these are all stupid.. do this instead:
1% 1 vote
ss
1% 1 vote

Re: cpw: how old is too old for a goodie bag

• Options
    Shit man. That's annoying. I hate mobile posting, you guys kwim, yeah? I can't edit :(
  • Options
    mellysmommymellysmommy member
    edited July 2014
    Oh, I know its a bit ridiculous. We have huge families and a big circle of friends. There are about 60 people.

26 is if every single child attends. People suck at RSVP-ing, but I want to be prepared. Obviously I don't want to not have enough.

eta: @econmama‌
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a 10 and 11 year old at DDs party. I gave them goody bags. They didn't seem to care too much about them. I doubt older kids care.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Older ones generally don't seem to care but it is a nice thought for them.

Which reminds me I need to get some for our party!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would just make a generic bag. My oldest ia 14 and enjoys the candy and novelty toys.

• Options
    Our will have bubbles, suckers, and fruit snacks ... oldest kids are both 14...The rest are 10 and under. They don't want them...they won't take them :)
  • Options
    I didn't do them for over 13....there was enough good and treats out, so the goody bags I did were very much for the little kids...

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did a basic goody bag for kids 12 and under. I expect the older kids are too grown up for toys.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"