1st Trimester
Options

Itchy Boobs......

So with DD I had very sore breast but this time around its HORRIBLE!! Even took my nipples captive! The worst part is on top of that they are itchy itchy. Like to the point where blood vessels look irritated or bruised. Anyone else?> Please any advice? I try not to scratch but umm ya its too unbearable

Re: Itchy Boobs......

• Options
    Lotion?  
  • Options
    tried that. doesn't help :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had that for a few days in the beginning...I asked my mom, who is a lactation consultant, and she just said to use lotion. It didn't really help but the itching subsided after a couple of days. 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Options
    thanks and congrats!!!
  • Options
    I have it too, coconut oil really helps me

Me(24), DH (31)
    Married November 2013     TTC#1 Since August 2013
    December 2013... BFP MC (8 weeks)
    April 2014...BFP CP
    June 2014...BFP... 12dpo beta 67...14dpo beta 134!!
    EDD: 3/4/15

image  image image image
  • Options
    I hear you! It's pretty hard to itch your boobs discretely in public. I second the coconut oil or probably most other oils should work. Ps just saying but why the negative /sarcastic remarks on here "get a better lotion"? Isn't this a place for support not a place to make others feel dumb for asking a question...
  • Options
    Jessmat said:
    I hear you! It's pretty hard to itch your boobs discretely in public. I second the coconut oil or probably most other oils should work. Ps just saying but why the negative /sarcastic remarks on here "get a better lotion"? Isn't this a place for support not a place to make others feel dumb for asking a question...
    @Jessmat You can't be serious with this? If you think THAT comment was negative or sarcastic I suggest you pack up your things and head on over to baby center right now.  WTF

My comment of "lotion" was because I was in the middle of BF and only had one free hand.  
  • Options

Im not my any means a sensitive person but I do think "get a better lotion" wasa bit rude in a way perhaps suggesting one that works would have been a better thought ;)  ...... I have multiple lotions and of course I have tried many of them (shea, hyper allergenic, baby lotion, cocoa butter). But I agree that this is for positive help and support. Lets all just be nice and grow healthy babies! That being said I will def try coconut oil. I am now starting to wonder if the heat is a factor since Im living in FL and its hotter than hot. Thanks for your advice moms and good luck to you all

• Options
    *looks around*... where am I? what is this nonsense?
    coconut oil works wonders, and ice can help ease itch if nothing else is working. 
  • Options
    PP's opinion is to get a better lotion.  That was a bona fide suggestion.  Come on ladies...  ;) 
  • Options
    =))
     @kyliedaniellexx There you go being rude again 
  • Options

have you tried an oat meal bath/soak? I get very itchy in the winter and the perfumes and chemicals in lotions can sometimes make it worse so I either take a oatmeal soak (I buy the aveno stuff) or use a scent free lotion.

• Options
    That sounds amazing! TY
  • Options
    Pregnancy and nursing are the only times when I had relief from my itchy boobs.

Try breaking out the lanolin/ lansinoh early (thin layer) or the coconut oil.
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I wasn't talking about your lotion comment I was talking about the person who said get a better lotion. I'm not offended since I'm not even the one that wrote the damn post I'm just annoyed seeing certain people on here being negative. Maybe I interpreted the comment the wrong way sometimes it's hard to say over the internet. All I was saying was this is supposed to be a place for support I don't think that makes me overly sensitive.
  • Options
    I think Aveeno makes an itch relief lotion. I'd try that or something similar.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Jessmat‌ this is not a support group. It's a public message board.
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • Options
    Having a thicker skin shouldn't be a requirement for a 1st trimester message board.  Are you trolls even pregnant?

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!
  • Options

Having a thicker skin shouldn't be a requirement for a 1st trimester message board.  Are you trolls even pregnant?

It's more like a requirement for life.

::checks ticker:: it would appear I am
  • Options

I wasn't aware I HAD to be pregnant to post on a PUBLIC FORUM.
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • Options
    CRazy ladies! I just want to stop itchy boobs!! LMAO! Lets just keep it classy ladies  :-* ..... as I talk about boobs. Im going to get some lansinoh just wish it wasn't so dang expensive
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"