July 2013 Moms
Options

Do you have an auto immune disease?

Altima80Altima80 member
edited July 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers

Do you have an auto immune disease? 110 votes

Yes.
11% 13 votes
Not that I know of.
88% 97 votes

Re: Do you have an auto immune disease?

• Options
    As far as I know I don't, but my dad does. So I have to keep an eye out.
  • Options
    I tested borderline twice. So I am in a maybe category.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to google it  8-} but not that I know off
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options
    No but they run in the family: schleroderma, celiac.

My cousin who's a doc said I have symptoms for Reynaud's, but my gp did tests and they were negative.
  • Options
    I have Raynaud's. With my loss history and IUGR with P, I've pretty much been tested for most other autoimmune diseases and all were negative.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Not that I know. My mom does though. Actually, she has a whole plethora of illnesses. I'm really hoping that as I get older, I take after my dad. Hugs to all the mamas who do. I understand how difficult it can be.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Is mine considered autoimmune? Sounds like you know and I have no clue :o)
    It is autoimmune. ;-P And you are about to have a PM soon.
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • Options
    Graves' disease

Bonus: 

• Options
    econmama said:
    @Altima80‌ Maybe I missed something (and maybe it's personal), but is everything ok? Just seems like an odd question.
    Everything is ok for now. :) Was recently diagnosed with severe proctitis ulcerative colitis and am working on different meds to get it under control and in the meantime had to have some blood work and ultrasound on liver yesterday to see if I have Lupus? (whatever that is!) I've just never really heard of all these auto immune diseases before and wondered if it was common to have an auto immune disease.
  • Options
    Thanks for the thoughts. :-) Liver ultrasound came back with a nodule so now I get to have an MRI next wednesday on it. And I'm currently at the doc awaiting strept test results. It's always something!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"