March 2014 Moms
Options

Workout Check In

Suggested check in questions (or just fill us in):

• What work outs/5k training did you get in last week (if you've started)?
  • What are your goals this week?
  • GTKY: Are you doing/accomplishing what you hoped to be approximately 4 months postpartum? What are your goals for ~8 months out?

Workout/5K Check In:
@Stephout@jjt616@novelblessings@jessher@bmerr@jlcccwyatt,@VanessaBee@ErinE683@sueq56@Hdhtk4@coreyeliz@Anneplusone,@ntdane@aga60154@ntdane@NewmomDee, @bearsbearsbears,@futuremrsspriggs@Hdhtk4@chocoroom,@jbelle@jennl0314@pepperedmoth@kcasset@babycaps@bennieangel;@Miliska@Anneplusone@Jt7dreamz@clo1982@benevolentforce@miliska;@ErinE683@MA&CB, @kare_bear_12@WoodShopGirl@babylimas,@LittlePigeon

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

Re: Workout Check In

• Options
    Last week: It was a rough week for our family, but I managed to get in one stroller run solo and one stroller run with DH. I didn't get to go the cardio kickboxing, which mostly bums me out due to the wasted money. There is no way it could have happened with all the shit we had happening at home so oh well.

Goals for this week: Get to cardio kickboxing twice, get in two runs. I want to start doing some abs in the evenings, but baby has made doing anything in the evenings aside from giving her attention a challenge.

Post-partum: I was a later delivery than most of M14, but where I am at right now is where I hoped to be I guess. I am 6 to 9lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight right now (depending on the day, my weight is still fluctuating like crazy!). I take photos every few weeks and even though my weightloss has kinda plateaued, I can see some changes in my core still happening.

At 8 months I hope I have more of my muscle tone back and I hope I am working out regularly. I miss being able to spend 2 hours a night lifting at the gym. I have never felt better than I did when I was doing heavy weight training. I know with LO that just isn't a possibility right now, or at least not a priority. I would rather spend those two hours a night with her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    textimage

• Options
    I only ran one day last week.  :(  But, I was happy with how that one day went.  I felt better than other runs, and got in a bunch of squats between laps.

My goals this week are to run at least 3 times, and to fit my PT exercises in at least 4 days.  I'm not doing as well as I hoped to with juggling everything (as evidenced by how infrequently I'm able to keep up on here), but I'm still trying.

GTKY - Nope.  Not even close to where I thought I would be.  I'm trying to be easy on myself, but it's tough.  I think my goals for 8 months need to be to incorporate LO into my workouts more so I can fit them in better.  That might be easier since she'll be bigger.  And I'd also like to fit back into some of my clothes.  I'm too cheap to buy a new wardrobe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What work outs/5k training did you get in last week (if you've started)?
    -Same as usual. Just getting out to walk when I get the chance. I really need to get some running in.

What are your goals this week?
    -Get a run in. I am doing a race in September so I better get on it. The times of the races in August just didn't work out.

GTKY: Are you doing/accomplishing what you hoped to be approximately 4 months postpartum? What are your goals for ~8 months out?
    -I didn't really have any expectations except that I hoped to be running more by now. I guess I didn't realize I'd gain so much weight either which has made it difficult. I still have 25lbs to loose to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I've only lost 6lbs since my initial weight loss from the first two weeks. Really bummed about it becuase I had lost 10lbs between Jan and June last year but I literally had to work my ass off to do it and PCOS doesn't help either. I really don't think I have the time to get back there right now.

At 8 months I hope to be back in to a running routine that is consistent and be running races. I also want to be fully dedicated to eating healthier again like I was.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    jbellejbelle member
    @babycaps: Sounds like you have your ducks in a row! I've never done hot yoga, but I love the regular kind, so it sounds interesting! I hear you on the differently shaped body; I'm wondering what's permanent and what is still recovering.

@LittlePigeon: weight loss has always meant way less for my figure than increased muscle mass; I've heard pictures are a great way to really appreciate the changes when the scale seems to be unmoved. I'm also hoping to get back into the heavy lifting! I hope this week was better than your last!

@coreyliz: one run is better than none! That's very impressive that you did squats between laps. Seems like a win-win to incorporate baby into your workouts: more time with LO, (hopefully) easier time management, and a chance to expose your baby to healthy activities!

@jtizzay: Kudos on the 5k! My chest is larger too; I'd expected my bustline to be bigger (BF), but my rib cage being larger seems strange (I'm actually below my pre-preg. weight--for all the good it's done me). Best of luck deciding what to do on BF! I love the selfish aspect of feeling like I can eat more treats!

@novelblessings: It's great to have a goal to work toward; I hope your race in September goes great! I had no illusions I'd be swimming in time after becoming a mom, but it really throws you for a loop just how all-consuming it is!  I need to make an effort to eat healthier, too!

@monkeyseat: I have never heard of BodyStep! Is this the modern version of step aerobics? Those always got me good. I'm going to have to do some googling.

Last week, I managed to lift once before illness swept our household for the second time. We're all slowly on the mend. This past week, I nursed the sick instead of working out. I had hoped by this point I'd have my head above water as far as squeezing in workout or two, and I really don't. I am not even hoping for much at 8 months postpartum beyond hoping to have a better understanding of just how ill we're all going to get on a steady diet of daycare germs. So perhaps eating more veggies is a more logical and easier goal than working out! At least we walk lots as a family. 

Let me know if I need to change/update/add/remove anyone to the check in list. I have no idea what the name changes mean for tagging people.

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    ntdanentdane member
    I was able to get in one Zumba class and one small core workout at home this week. Not what I wanted, but better than nothing.

Goal for the next week is to fit in at least 3 workouts of some sort. I really want to try getting to a yoga class at the community center if I can peel the babies off me long enough.

I've had a lot tougher time fitting workouts in this time around than I did with DS1. I played ultimate frisbee a couple nights a week most of the year and DH gave him a bottle, no problem. Keira not taking a bottle has made it really tough, plus DH just generally being outnumbered. She screams bloody murder any time I leave, so I feel guilty going anywhere. I told DH I want to buy a jogging stroller, even just a single, so I can at least take her with me. My goal for 8 months would be to be able to run a 5k and lose 5 lbs (10 would be better but I'm being realistic. I'm still ~ 15 lbs from pp).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hey ladies! I'm not a part of this group, but I was wondering if I could be. I've got to start doing something to get in shape! I was thinking about taking up running, so if any of you have any tips on that, I'd love to hear them. Also yoga. I can't even touch my toes, so I'd love to gain some flexibility. Is there one particular yoga that's better for starting? I researched yoga and all the different types are incredibly overwhelming. And advice would be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"