October 2012 Moms

Wednesday woes (randoms)

My poor little girl - she is so accident prone this week.

On Thursday she fell while running on the pavement and split her lip.
On Monday she was jumping on the bed and fell off (my husband was getting dressed in the room and thought she landed on a mattress on the floor, but she ended up with a nasty black eye)
Today she has just fallen off the ladder in our study. She often climbs it, and is usually very sure-footed on it, but I think she was showing off for the babysitter, and she fell off. Another big fat bruise on her face. The babysitter caught her on the way down, and I think everyone got a big fright, but 5 mins later she told me she was happy, so I don't think there is any other damage.

She is really looking quite battered at the moment.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wednesday woes (randoms)

• Hismom12 said:

E usually gets hurt the week of his well baby checkups. I am always so scared the pedi is going to sideye us for any little bruise!

When DS had his first ear infection it was a couple weeks after he started running and he had a fat lip and a black eye. I was scared to take him in for fear they'd think I was beating him!

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Meh, C legs are covered in bruises. Covered. She's just a little daredevil. My pedi says she doesn't blink an eye at stuff like that on toddlers, because, you know, they are toddlers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wesley is rocking a pretty nasty bruise on his check right now where he fell off the playground last Saturday. I tried to catch him, but just missed him. After a hug and a kiss from mommy he was right back up on the playground playing again. 

I am definetly feeling the three margaritas I had with dinner last night. I am not feeling well today.  A big mocha frapp from Starbucks is helping!

• LorMorLorMor member
    scrumpfy said:
    Meh, C legs are covered in bruises. Covered. She's just a little daredevil. My pedi says she doesn't blink an eye at stuff like that on toddlers, because, you know, they are toddlers.
    Yeah, her legs are usually covered in bruises, and I love that she is so physical and adventurous. It's these face bruises that are new and they have all been as a result of big falls. It feels like a progression, so I worry about what's coming next!
  • Ughhhh. I hate dealing with my health insurance. I got an EOB denying payment for radiology for Annabel. I call them and they tell me the diagnosis isn't covered. So my doctor would need to re-bill and code it differently. But they can't tell me what IS covered. Or tell me WHY the current diagnosis isn't bring covered. WTF???
  • I will share another park story from today.  DD had been following around/playing with a boy, I think he was about 4, filling up buckets of water.  She gives him a hug.  He says "I don't think she can pick me up, but I can pick her up!" And wraps his arms around her neck and tries to lift her! I was like, "no, we lift from under her arms" and he stopped, he wasn't trying to be mean or hurt her, but she had these red fingerprints around her neck.  Thank goodness they faded pretty fast!
  • scrumpfy said:

Ughhhh. I hate dealing with my health insurance. I got an EOB denying payment for radiology for Annabel. I call them and they tell me the diagnosis isn't covered. So my doctor would need to re-bill and code it differently. But they can't tell me what IS covered. Or tell me WHY the current diagnosis isn't bring covered. WTF???

Yes, it took 8 months to find a code Coventry would take for Norah's pt. Wtf? I didn't need money in savings anyway.

• scrumpfy said:

Ughhhh. I hate dealing with my health insurance. I got an EOB denying payment for radiology for Annabel. I call them and they tell me the diagnosis isn't covered. So my doctor would need to re-bill and code it differently. But they can't tell me what IS covered. Or tell me WHY the current diagnosis isn't bring covered. WTF???

Yes, it took 8 months to find a code Coventry would take for Norah's pt. Wtf? I didn't need money in savings anyway.

I know! We aren't going to cover this, and you can just play a guessing game to find a way to cover it, cause we aren't going to tell you.
  • scrumpfy said:

scrumpfy said:

I know! We aren't going to cover this, and you can just play a guessing game to find a way to cover it, cause we aren't going to tell you.
    Yeah, I hate health insurance so much right now. I hope my husband's company switches because we can't afford the policy through my work. Ugh

• We went to the library baby and me class.  After class had just ended the kids were playing with toys in the room and boom- the ceiling collapsed! Luckily it was just in the back corner of the room and no babies were there, but the room filled with dust and everyone ran out.  Scary. I'm so so thankful no one was hurt. 
  • Salt and vinegar chips. My weakness. Yum!!!!

• CnAnACnAnA member
    Aaand my hateful daughter will be going to bed an hour and a half early tonight.  I am NOT a fan of the 2 naps to 1 nap transition.  Holy crap.  She's so tired she can't even function but she is a BIG GIRL AND BIG GIRLS DON'T SLEEP YOU DON'T KNOW MY LYYYYYYYFE!!!!!!!  

I took the microphone out of her little piano/dj table because she kept holding it over the speaker to hear the squeal.  OMG the face she made absolutely broke my heart.  No tears, just utter betrayal and heartbreak.  So we got some snuggles and her milk and eventually she was ok.  But holy mother she needs to sleep.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"