May 2014 Moms

Dairy elimination cont. ..

So I've decided to go for it. I've seen some suggestions, but. .. if you've eliminated dairy what are some gems you've found to eat? (Either normal things you can still eat, great recipes, substitutions, or otherwise. ) Thanks! !
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Dairy elimination cont. ..

• I don't have any real suggestions for you, but that if you are in for a cookie fix Oreo's don't contain dairy. When DD was about 5 weeks old, she was so fussy, they made me eliminate dairy for a period of 2 weeks to rule out if she had a milk protein intolerance ( i had one as a kid and was on special formula). Good Luck, and  check pinterest for some recipes!

My Ovulation Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/CallMeMrsChaos/

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image   View Full Size Image

• I'm on the MSPI diet also. Just starting my 2nd week and it's really not THAT bad. I do miss pizza and ice cream oh and chocolate. I'm going to try to get to whole foods this weekend and stock up on some non dairy speciality items (like chocolate). Once you get used to reading the labels on everything, you'll know exactly what to look for.

for the most part I'm feeling well, but I haven't noticed much difference my lo yet.

Is there a MSPI check in on the board? Should we start one?

Good luck!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Pinterest has some great recipes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Their is an mspi check in on the breastfeeding board. Please join in. Those ladies are so helpful. Im 3 weeks dairy free and 1 week soy Freeman. Praying that this is not my baby's problem!
  • Their is an mspi check in on the breastfeeding board. Please join in. Those ladies are so helpful. Im 3 weeks dairy free and 1 week soy Freeman. Praying that this is not my baby's problem!

Thanks! I'll have to check the breastfeeding board out. I'm the opposite of you, I am kind of hoping that this is my baby's problem; because the thought of a total elimination diet or going to formula is making me very nervous.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • If you're cutting only dairy then silk yogurt and toffuti cuties ice cream bars are my favorite subs. They are both soy. Alas I'm also on MSPI so can't have either one! +1 to joining the MSPI check in on the BF board!!
  • Good luck!  I've had to take out the top 8... it's not fun!  Hoping my LO grows out of it soon!!   :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

May 14 November Siggy Challenge: Least Favorite Part of the Holiday Season

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • chknmachknma member
    I agree with checking out BF board check-in!

Earth balance makes dairy/soy free butter and creamer that are good. They also make ice cream but I haven't had it yet

Enjoy life makes chocolate chips that I sub in some different recipes

Lara bars make some that are dairy/soy free

I had trouble finding breads, so I make my own

I found that if you google you can find a bunch of recipes

It regally comes down to reading labels and eating more "whole" foods.

Some recipes I like for snacks

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/

https://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/01/recipe-paleo-and-vegan-chewy-granola.html

https://magpiesrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/05/light-and-lemony-dairy-free-mothers-day.html?m=1

https://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/03/insanely-good-blueberry-oatmeal-muffins.html?m=1

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

Thanks! I'll have to check the breastfeeding board out. I'm the opposite of you, I am kind of hoping that this is my baby's problem; because the thought of a total elimination diet or going to formula is making me very nervous.
    Yes if that's the case I agree! I just want to be able to eat without the constant checking and worrying.

• I'll second the earth balance butter and enjoy life choc chips. I found both of those at my walmart.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• My go to for dessert is dark chocolate almond milk smoothie with a frozen bananana. I'm eating an awful lot of meat and rice as well ass chicken salad these days. Chow mein noodles for croutons, etc. I find going out to eat to be the worst part.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Coconut milk, coconut milk ice cream, avocados, Stacey's pita chips, tortilla chips, hummus, meat, veggies, rice :)

I miss pizza and ice cream too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"