November 2014 Moms
Options

Are Antibiotics harm the unborn baby

Hi, everyone I need your help I'm just very concern about taking or not this antibiotics that my doctor subscribed me, because I have an urine infection. I'm just afraid if it will be harmful for my baby??

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jac409jac409 member
    Agreed, it depends on the particular antibiotic. I had a sinus infection back in May and they put me on amoxicillin, which is apparently safe. I was worried about it too, so I double checked with the pharmacist that it was safe for pregnant women when I picked it up. Just check with your doctor or pharmacist.
  • Options
    So you're coming on here asking a bunch of random strangers who don't have medical expertise or even know which prescription drug your doctor "subscribed" you instead of asking your doctor if it's safe to use during pregnancy because....?
    Is berating other women via a pregnancy message board the new black? 
  • Options
    So you're coming on here asking a bunch of random strangers who don't have medical expertise or even know which prescription drug your doctor "subscribed" you instead of asking your doctor if it's safe to use during pregnancy because....?
    Is berating other women via a pregnancy message board the new black? 

but it's supposed to be "there's no need to fear; Underdog is here"
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    Well as PP have mentioned, I would have considered the fact that my doctor is a medical professional and if I had any concerns about meds the time to ask was when the medical professional was present. I don't think he would give you something that would be harmful or unsafe.
  • Options
    Well as PP have mentioned, I would have considered the fact that my doctor is a medical professional and if I had any concerns about meds the time to ask was when the medical professional was present. I don't think he would give you something that would be harmful or unsafe.
    Agreed.

Also, the grammatical issues are more indicative of English as a second language rather than a lack of education. That's the impression I got anyway.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ita with all the above. Medical professional > strangers on the internet any day.

I have to say, if I didn't trust my OB/care provider enough to prescribe something that is safe to take in pregnancy then I would be finding a new OB that I could trust. Seriously though. No good doc is going to be like, "oh, this could hurt her baby but I'm going to give it to her anyway".
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFetus Ticker  
    Ashley, DH: Paul
    Angel Baby: March 09
    #1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
    #2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"