August 2014 Moms

Would you rather... pregnancy edition

Because I need some entertainment! Answer the question from the pp, and then ask a question of your own for the next person!

Would you rather.... Have terrible heartburn for your entire pregnancy, or have hemorrhoids for your entire pregnancy?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would you rather... pregnancy edition

• Heartburn.

Oh wait, that had been my pregnancy! Lol
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Heartburn. I'll gladly get rid of one of these crappy symptoms. QUESTION: would you rather have the privilege of an Ultra Sound of baby at any appointment, or have your SO (or any person of choice) magically feel all of your worst pregnancy symptoms on just one occasion?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely have DH feel the symptoms. He has trouble with empathy some of the time.

Would you rather a 48-72 hour relatively painless labor or a 6-8 hour intense one?
  • I'd go with heartburn, which pretty much has already been my entire pregnancy.
    And ultrasound. I haven't seen her little face since week 19, I want to see what she's looking like!
  • I'm working in the middle of the night, so I'll answer all of the questions so far.

I'd get rid of the heartburn...at least you can sleep with hemorrhoids. 

I'd gladly give up my one ultrasound to have DH magically feel all my worst pregnancy symptoms.  He was trying to tell me his V discomfort was something I couldn't possibly relate to. 

I'll take the 6-8 hour intense labor...it's what I know.

Would you rather know the sex or the birthdate ahead of time?

• Heartburn.

Would you rather have your water break in bed, all over your mattress, or in your car, all over the drivers seat. I hear that smell is hard to get out. Just sayin.
  • Heartburn. Would you rather have your water break in bed, all over your mattress, or in your car, all over the drivers seat. I hear that smell is hard to get out. Just sayin.
    I'm not sure what smell you're referring to.  Your water should be about odorless.  That's one of the ways you can tell the difference between your water breaking versus your bladder letting you down.  But if I had my choice, I'd choose my mattress...it's an air bed, so the cloth parts can be taken off and cleaned...and I always have a waterproof cover over it...DD1 had puked in our bed too many times to count at this point.
  • Ohh good one @MandMLeona‌ I might go with birthdate based on how I feel right now!
    My mattress I think, I can't imagine the smell in my small car in the middle of the summer heat.

Would you rather be told the wrong sex of the baby and find out it was the opposite at birth, or never have an ultrasound at all during pregnancy?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

• ----------bump format issues------------- Exhausted. Would you rather your water break at a job interview or at a public event (festival, concert, etc)?

At a job interview...at least they wouldn't forget you or your interview!

Would you rather gain 70 pounds in pregnancy and lose it in 6 months or only gain 20 and take a year to lose it.  

• RacllaRaclla member
    Lose it in 6 months!

Would you rather have Ryan Seacrest hold a leg while you are pushing or Oprah?
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  

• Heartburn.

Would you rather have your water break in bed, all over your mattress, or in your car, all over the drivers seat. I hear that smell is hard to get out. Just sayin.

I'm not sure what smell you're referring to.  Your water should be about odorless.  That's one of the ways you can tell the difference between your water breaking versus your bladder letting you down.  But if I had my choice, I'd choose my mattress...it's an air bed, so the cloth parts can be taken off and cleaned...and I always have a waterproof cover over it...DD1 had puked in our bed too many times to count at this point.

---stuck in quote box----

I don't recall a smell when my water was broke with my first, I'm just going off of my friend's story of her water breaking all over her husband, she said he REEKED by the time they left the hospital as they hadn't brought him a change of clothes. I'm kind of of the mind that any kind of bodily fluids sitting for too long without being cleaned out will stink eventually though, maybe that's just an assumption on my part ;)
  • Well I had the Hemorrhoid, so I'll choose that.

• Water breaking.  Contractions are miserable and can go on for days (or weeks in some horror stories) before  anything productive actually happens.

Would you rather have only salty or only sweet for your entire pregnancy?
    My answer to this is liable to change daily, but today I'll say only salty!

Would you rather carry baby low and have terrible pelvic pain or carry baby high and have terrible heartburn/indigestion?

image    image
  • boymomstrongboymomstrong member
    edited July 2014
    I would rather gove birth in the hospital!

Would you rather have to pee all night, or all day?
    (I should add i have a toddler who waits for me to pee before he gets in to trouble! I cant chase him if i am sitting!! So i would take all night easy!!!)

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• RacllaRaclla member
    All day!
    I need my beauty sleep.

Would you choose naming the child (versus other family naming and you have no input) or a full college scholarship?

Married April 12
    DD June 13
    2 Furry Kids - 
  • Raclla said:

All day!
    I need my beauty sleep.

Would you choose naming the child (versus other family naming and you have no input) or a full college scholarship?

Who are we talking, specifically getting naming rights? Because some people I could deal with/trust... But my brother or brother in law, yeah neither one of those funny bachelors could be trusted, my kid would end up with a crazy name no doubt ;)

I would lean towards the scholarship with no naming rights... It sounds like the smarter thing to do, but would my kid end up being named Skittles or Mr. Bojangles or something? Eeek.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RacllaRaclla member
    Chalupa Batman would be the name.

But that's for first draft pic. Not a scholarship.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    2 Furry Kids - 
  • Scholarship for sure, the kid can always change their name when they grow up!

Would you rather get ultrasounds whenever you want, but can't feel the baby move (baby is fine, you just can't feel it), or feel baby move all the time and have no ultrasounds?

• I dislike pregnancy enough, at least labor has a more immediate reward, even if it were 48 hours long. I'll take the easy pregnancy and long labor.

Inspired by the recent hormone thread - would you rather have you body bounce back right away and deal with serious baby blues, or your emotions/hormones go right back to normal but take a year to lose the weight?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • happylady07happylady07 member
    edited July 2014
    Having had some baby blues with my first, I would say HANDS down- take a year to lose the weight. A year is realistic anyways, it took nearly 10 months to put the weight on, it's okay to take that long to get it off. Its probably about what it ultimately took me to lose the last few pounds anyways with my first. I dropped an initial 35-40 lbs really quickly, but was far from being back "in shape" and didn't actually get below pre pregnancy weight for closer to a year.

Eta-

Would you rather know the baby's birthdate or eye color ahead of time?
  • I'd rather know the birth date. H & I have blue eyes - as does everyone in our immediate families - so that's easy to guess!

Would you rather be able to eat anything and everything you want during your whole pregnancy, but vomit after every meal or have countless food aversions and a small appetite?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would say aversions and small appetite! Vomiting all the time is not something I could handle for a whole pregnancy.

Would you rather be stuck wearing tight closed shoes or maternity pants through out our hot summer months?
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"