August 2014 Moms
Options

AW: The Time I Got Married By The God Squad Sans Underwear

You guys... I FINALLY GOT MARRIED!!!

And it was awesome. We drove to Branson, MO early on Saturday morning, and stayed at this amazing Bed and Breakfast. My parents flew in on Sunday, and we spent the day sightseeing with them. His Mom and sister drove from Tulsa and got there late Sunday night. On Monday we had a (slightly awkward) breakfast, since our parents were meeting for the first time. Fortunately the awkwardness was temporary and everyone seemed to hit it off. We drove to the county courthouse in the next town over, got our license, and the recorder told us to walk across the street so the JOP could perform the ceremony.

It wouldn't be "us" if anything went smoothly without some kind of hang up. The clerk at the courthouse told us that the judges didn't perform marriage ceremonies anymore. Cue panic. After several frantic phone calls to various courthouses and ministers for hire, a pastor from "The God Squad, Ministers in a Minute" agreed to meet us at the B&B and marry us. I'm still kicking myself for relying on the internets to look up information on getting married in Taney County, MO, and not verifying by phone, and also trying REALLY hard not to dwell on the $382 (!!!) it cost us for the 2 minute ceremony by TGS.. but we got married, and the ceremony was simple and beautiful, and neither of could stop smiling. Which is really all that's important.

Oh right: why I wasn't wearing underwear when I got married: Funny story. When we packed at 1030 on Friday night, I threw a load of clothes in the washer with the intention of packing clean underwear the next morning.. Guess who (of course) forgot when we left at 0430 on Saturday? All weekend I intended to hit up the store and buy some.. but kept forgetting. So I woke up on the morning of my Wedding underwear-less. So I went commando for my wedding.

After the ceremony we all ate lunch at Lambert's in Springfield (if you ever eat there, come hungry and with stretchy pants. Holy large portions!) Then dropped my parents off at the airport and said goodbye to his Mom and sister. After that we spent the evening at Big Cedar Lodge's Top of the Rock. I seriously cannot recommend this place enough. It's two restaurants, a bar, and a wine cave all in the same building (different levels), with STUNNING views of Table Rock Lake and amazing decor. We snacked on a cheese plate while sipping wine, then watched the sun set over the water. It was the perfect end to a perfect day (minus the courthouse mess, of course). We also found out that DH's (first time I get to type that!!) reenlistment got approved. AWESOME!!

Now cause I'm sure you're bored: PICTURES!

Re: AW: The Time I Got Married By The God Squad Sans Underwear

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"